Author Topic: Live Eagle Cam  (Read 75093 times)

colporteur

Re: Live Eagle Cam
« Reply #80 on: January 18, 2016, 11:37:06 AM »

What a picture ! Need to frame that one.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Vicki

« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2016, 03:01:07 PM »
I have not seen Ed yesterday or today.

I saw them both on the nest today. Time was around 171:53

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2016, 06:51:48 PM »
Thanks Vicki.  I was worried that something happened to Ed.  Usually they have breakfast in the morning.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #83 on: January 19, 2016, 04:05:06 PM »
I have not been monitoring. Has anyone logged Ellie so we know about when the due date is ?

The website says Feb 11 to 14. Less than a month!
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Ed Sutton

• Ed Sutton Blogger Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 28, 2016, 06:58:58 AM »
   I was worried that something happened to Ed.  Usually they have breakfast in the morning.   

Does it look like they are keeping the eggs warm enough to hatch ?
Grateful for Psalms 32 and Titus 2:10 - The divinity of Christ is acknowledged in the unity of the children of God.  {11MR 266.2}

colporteur

« Reply #85 on: January 28, 2016, 08:13:42 AM »

The eggs can be uncovered for brief periods of time depending on temp. I don't know what the temp is there but warmer temp would allow the eggs to be uncovered a little longer. I don't think there is any problem.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #86 on: January 28, 2016, 08:27:08 AM »
Its 38 now and can get down to freezing at night. Highs are in the 50s and 60s.  In the fall we saw the eagles trying to cool themselves with beaks open due to the high humidity. Has anyone noticed there is no food in the nest since the eggs appeared? Or have I missed it?  I have a thought on this if it is true. Anyone else considering this?  I was feeling badly for Ellie sitting there all night and day with nothing to eat!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

colporteur

« Reply #87 on: January 28, 2016, 03:07:26 PM »

I don't know for sure never having been a female bird but my observation back when we used to raise bantam chickens was they seemed to go into a nesting mode where they did not seem very interested in food or water for the duration. Perhaps there is a physiological thing that happens. They don't burn many calories and perhaps with those insulated feathers and high humidity they retain water well.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #88 on: January 29, 2016, 08:16:25 AM »
Ed just returned to the nest with lunch. He immediately covered the eggs.  When Ed was on his way back to the nest, Ellie began chattering.   She was very happy as she saw him approaching.    :)

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #89 on: January 30, 2016, 05:12:34 AM »
Ed just took over egg warming duties. Ellie out for exercise and breakfast!

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #90 on: February 06, 2016, 03:19:26 PM »
Not too far away from egg hatching! :)
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #91 on: February 07, 2016, 11:52:30 AM »
How faithful these monogamous birds are! That humans would be so faithful to each other and their children!

http://www.berry.edu/eaglecam/

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #92 on: February 07, 2016, 12:03:49 PM »
Ellie catching dinner. Photo was caught by Berry College employee, Jason Blalock.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #93 on: February 08, 2016, 08:00:53 AM »
Rain and snow forecast this week for our feathered friends. Temps may get down to 18 Wednesday night. Eaglets come into the world facing harsh conditions during winter months.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #94 on: February 09, 2016, 07:21:40 AM »
Faithful parents.  Talk about cold! Sabbath it got down to 18 degrees.  It is just under freezing now.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #95 on: February 09, 2016, 08:17:53 AM »

Today is the 33 day for first egg. We can expect to see a pip develop anytime now. Eggs hatch between 33 and 37 days.  The eaglet will begin to use its "egg tooth" to create a hole (pip) in the shell which begins the hatching process.

Here is a documentary on eagles. 

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #96 on: February 10, 2016, 10:04:31 PM »
It is a restless might for mom. It is 1am and she is fussing with the nest around the eggs.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #97 on: February 11, 2016, 05:21:44 PM »
Time to gather the young ones and check in to see the new eaglet. Tonight or tomorrow it ought to happen. It could be a Sabbath eagle!!   

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #98 on: February 12, 2016, 12:21:59 PM »
Day 36 and still no pip.   

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #99 on: February 12, 2016, 09:17:57 PM »
Rock a bye baby in the tree top!   Wind is gusting. It's a little after midnight in Georgia. Mom is wide awake and facing into the wind. She keeps checking the eggs. Baby eaglet will have a cold night upon entering the world. Temps down to 20 tomorrow night and freezing rain in Sunday night's forecast.   Monday and Tuesday are same. Cold, rain, and snow. These are indeed hardy birds.