Author Topic: "A New Heart Will I Give You"  (Read 5670 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
"A New Heart Will I Give You"
« on: December 07, 2015, 01:51:14 PM »
Satan succeeded in deceiving God's people so that they were the ones responsible for the murder of Jesus. They were so deceived that they screamed "His blood be on us and our children." "When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing, but [that] rather a tumult was made, he took water, and washed [his] hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this just person: see ye to it. Then answered all the people, and said, His blood [be] on us, and on our children." Matthew 27:24,25.

Two thousand years later Satan has further developed his ploys to deceive God's church, sending false teachers so that "if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect." Matthew 24:24. How have false teachers succeeded in some of these deceptions? The most successful deceptions I can see follow Satan's success in how he deceived the vast majority of the Jews, by making them think they were saved when in fact they were in a lost condition. Through their teachers he had perverted the gospel message. He perverted the meaning of the sanctuary and its services so that the Jews believed they were saved by their good works. They sacrificed believing it merited His favor.

Jesus corrected the theology, but soon afterward Judaizers had come into the church and we read of Paul having to once again point out the need to be born of His Spirit in order to be saved. Our good works merit nothing. It is true that without good works which testify to our converted state we cannot be saved since if there are no good works, there is no full surrender of self so that Jesus can possess the heart. Unless the heart is renewed we remain dead in our sins.

Sadly, the understanding of what it means to have a new heart has been lost sight of. Many now teach that one can be saved while having an evil heart. In this topic we will study the promise made through the prophet Ezekiel found in chapter 36 and verses 26 and 27.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Re: "A New Heart Will I Give You"
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 01:58:06 PM »
Let's look at the promise made by God through Ezekiel. "A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them."

Is this promise continually failing since so many professing Christians do not keep God's statutes and judgments? If the promise does not fail, then why does the promise of God never fail?
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Re: "A New Heart Will I Give You"
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 07:56:04 AM »
Closely associated with this promise found in Ezekiel is a promise found in 1 Corinthians.  "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God [is] faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."

A new heart that keeps God's law and a promise to keep me from sinning. Since we have not kept God's law perfectly since becoming Christians, what is wrong? God's promises are sure.