Author Topic: SDA Sabbath School Lesson 10--4th Quarter 2015--The Destruction of Jerusalem  (Read 10431 times)

colporteur

When I fall on my knees, With my face to the rising sun, O Lord have mercy on me.

When I was in Academy our choir leader changed the words to read, "when I fall on my knees, with my face to the Lord on high . . . . "  When we sing it at church I sometimes insert those words or remain silent during that portion.  Is this nit-picky?  Am I a fanatic or what?  Why should I sing words that are contrary to what we, as a people believe in?  How did it ever get into the hymnal?

A lady tried to correct me in Sabbath school today and said that the people that wrote the song were uneducated people from the south,  that this is a Negro spiritual and the slaves were getting ready to go out into the field. I replied that the people that should have edited this song out of the hymnals were not uneducated slaves and #2 how does that fit with them breaking bread and drinking wine down on their knees facing the rising sun ? That sounds to me like something spiritual going on.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

colporteur

It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.