Author Topic: An Herb Garden  (Read 2426 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
An Herb Garden
« on: August 23, 2015, 07:28:46 AM »
Are you growing herbs? We need to learn to grow them. It might be a matter of life and death.

"If we neglect to do that which is within the reach of nearly every family, and ask the Lord to relieve pain when we are too indolent to make use of these remedies within our power, it is simply presumption. The Lord expects us to work in order that we may obtain food. He does not propose that we shall gather the harvest unless we break the sod, till the soil, and cultivate the produce. Then God sends the rain and the sunshine and the clouds to cause vegetation to flourish. God works and man cooperates with God. Then there is seedtime and harvest. God has caused to grow out of the ground herbs for the use of man, and if we understand the nature of these roots and herbs, and make a right use of them, there would not be a necessity of running for the doctor so frequently, and people would be in much better health than they are today." MM 230    Healthful Living--Herbs
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

ejclark

Re: An Herb Garden
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 12:28:54 PM »
That is a really good quote. Thank you Richard.

When I click on the link "Healthful Living--Herbs", it goes to the page for just a second, then I get one of those "404 url not found" messages. Is there a setting on my computer set wrong?

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 01:22:18 PM »
I don't know what it could be.  The link is good.  I stickied the thread in Healthful Living so you will find it at the top. It is a 15 year old topic, so we have discussed this before. I posted the quote there also.

Try this link and see it it works for you. We have had no complaints. What browser are you using?  I tried both FF and IE. Both are working.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Ed Sutton

• Ed Sutton Blogger Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 03:13:15 PM »
Here are two links on using and growing herbs as meds & cooking .

http://www.jameswong.co.uk/

https://youtu.be/6A5XgVuTlD4   James Wong Ethnobotanist from the UK where herbs are used like pharmasuticals are in the USA.

Grateful for Psalms 32 and Titus 2:10 - The divinity of Christ is acknowledged in the unity of the children of God.  {11MR 266.2}

ejclark

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2015, 07:46:22 PM »
Very strange indeed. Page 2, reply 21-34 works fine. Page 1, reply 1-20 doesn't.

I use FF. There are other websites that I have problems with as well. It might be my mac.

I have learned ways around it. If a page won't open on FF I just go to Safari and it usually works.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2015, 10:22:44 PM »
Interesting, ej.  Let us know if Safari won't open it.

ejclark

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2015, 04:44:40 PM »
Safari worked just fine. Thanks.