Author Topic: New EGW App  (Read 5589 times)

JimB

• Servant
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
New EGW App
« on: July 17, 2015, 06:22:12 AM »
For those with Android or iOS tablets. There is a new EGW app called "Ellen White 2" in both the iTunes store and Google Play. Although, I have a couple of small complaints about it, it is a big improvement over the last app. Not all only does it include more material of Ellen White but it also includes the works of the pioneers and other new material.

Google Play

iTunes
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
Re: New EGW App
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 01:38:32 PM »
It also takes more space, a lot more.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

JimB

• Servant
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 06:58:09 PM »
That wouldn't surprise me since it has so much more new material. I just looked at my installs of both apps the first one takes up 788mb on my device and the second one takes up 1.84gb over twice as much space. The first app is moveable to my sd card but the 2nd app isn't :(

What is nice is that it will sync all your bookmarks, notes, and highlights into the new app.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 01:19:21 PM »
Looking at my phone (a Samsung) the EGW Writings takes up 8.12 MB. The EGW Writings 2 takes up 1.92 GB. That's megabytes versus gigabytes. I won't even consider putting it on my tablet. Unfortunately it has only half the internal storage of my phone. The new app also works differently than the older one. At least you can read online rather than download. I can only imagine how much more space is needed if you download everything.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24