Author Topic: GC Session....Closing Sabbath  (Read 1942 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
GC Session....Closing Sabbath
« on: July 11, 2015, 01:29:49 PM »
The capacity of the AlamoDome is 65,000, but can be increased to 72,000. At the Session today, not  only is the seating area filled, but the floor is filled also. I look forward to getting the count on how may of God's people are in attendance. It appears to set a record attendance from what I see. Maybe close to 70,000?
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
Re: GC Session....Closing Sabbath
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 01:45:19 PM »

Re-elected President Ted N C Wilson gave the sermon today. As he always does, he centered his message in Christ and called for revival and reformation and encouraged the church to not let their Bibles gather dust, but to read them daily along with the Spirit  of Prophecy. He share the counsel that Jesus will not come until the church members join with the ministers in doing world-wide evangelism.  The soon coming of Jesus is on the lips of many here in the AlamoDome.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 03:30:22 PM »
The capacity of the AlamoDome is 65,000, but can be increased to 72,000. At the Session today, not  only is the seating area filled, but the floor is filled also. I look forward to getting the count on how may of God's people are in attendance. It appears to set a record attendance from what I see. Maybe close to 70,000?

I believe there were 70,000 at the last GC session on the final Sabbath, so this will be close.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2015, 03:32:22 PM »
However many there were, it was packed, wall-to-wall people.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2015, 04:19:46 PM »
Full text of Elder Wilson's sermon this morning. Cross the Jordon...Don't Retreat
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24