Author Topic: General Conference Session Discussion  (Read 14462 times)

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
Re: General Conference Session Discussion
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2015, 05:58:04 PM »

::) ::) ::)  Shelia Jackson Lee was an "invited guest" who gave a mostly political speech sprinkled with a few religious statements after an introduction by Delbert Baker who praised her to high heaven.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

Plain Adventist

• In Search of Primitive Godliness
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2015, 06:02:53 PM »
I was so thankful to read of how Elder Larry Boggess made a motion that helped to turn the tide away from the objectors. He is our conference president here in Mountain View (West Virginia).
Amy Pavlovik ~~ “The strength and spirituality of the people of God are manifest by the distinctness of the line of demarcation which separates them from the world.” SW 17

colporteur

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2015, 06:17:19 PM »

Linda, isn't that what politicians do ? Make political speeches and  mix in a little holy water ?  ;D
It is interesting however that unlike her other appearances she has not a hint of jewelry or make up on.  It appears at least, that she respected our church in that matter.

We are most thankful to those who stood up and will yet stand up at GC.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Lewis

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2015, 07:13:35 PM »
::) ::) ::)  Shelia Jackson Lee was an "invited guest" who gave a mostly political speech sprinkled with a few religious statements after an introduction by Delbert Baker who praised her to high heaven.

She spoke highly of Obama singing Amazing Grace.  A president who in the same week praised same sex unions and spoke of how Americans need to shift religious views to accept gay marriage.

Also Sam Leonor was highlighted in their video after...

Immanuel

• Senior Moderator
  • Jesus is My Judge
    • Emmanuel Institute of Evangelism
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2015, 11:27:00 AM »
At this mornings business session there were several heated moments while discussing changes to the church manual. The controversy surrounded the change in the section of licensed ministers - changing the wording to licensed pastors. This was seen by some as a move to be more gender inclusive. There were apparently several motions on the floor but the motion that was voted on was to send the proposed changes back to the Church Manual committee. Several NAD delegates insisted that parliamentary procedure was not followed, but the parliamentarian said that it was. This debate was heightened due to the upcoming debate on WO.

Also there was a motion from the floor during the discussion regarding church discipline in relation to the 7th commandment. The motion was to allow those in a monogomous relationship to live together before marriage. Fortunately this was overwhelmingly voted down. The motion was from a delegate from the TED.

(I am not at GC but am following some of the reports on Twitter and Facebook.)

Immanuel

• Senior Moderator
  • Jesus is My Judge
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2015, 07:27:56 PM »
Here is a link to the minutes of the business sessions:

http://www.adventistreview.org/gcs2015-proceedings

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2015, 04:13:08 PM »
Pastor Kevin Paulson had some thoughts on the church  manual changes, fundamental beliefs, women's ordination, and the re-election of Elder Wilson.

I asked him first about the overwhelming vote to place Elder Wilson back in the office of GC president  for another five years IF we are here that long.   :)

remnant-online.org
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Lewis

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2015, 05:44:08 PM »
"No video with supported format and MME type found" it says...

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2015, 07:37:10 PM »
It works for me. If you're trying to watch from a phone there might be problems. Neither iOS nor Android play nice with flash. Often times a different browser needs to be installed (for smart phones anyway).

By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2015, 10:30:15 PM »
You might need to upgrade your browser Lewis. Both FF and IE updated versions will play it. Otherwise try an open source player such as VLC.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Immanuel

• Senior Moderator
  • Jesus is My Judge
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2015, 05:52:00 AM »
I see that Zeno Charels-Marcel has been elected as an associate director of the Health Ministries Dept of the GC. I believe that is a step in the right direction. He is currently the VP of Medicine at Wildwood.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2015, 07:56:53 AM »
What a blessing! That is indeed a change in the right  direction. Thanks for sharing, Pastor Immanuel.