Author Topic: Adventist Pastors Resolve to Lose Weight in South Pacific  (Read 2543 times)

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
Adventist Pastors Resolve to Lose Weight in South Pacific
« on: April 02, 2015, 12:41:18 PM »
Yes!  ;D As pastors, practice the health message! We are praying for your success (as we pray for ourselves)!

Adventist Pastors Resolve to Lose Weight in South Pacific

Posted April 1, 2015

Compiled by Andrew McChesney, news editor, Adventist Review

Scores of Adventist pastors from South Pacific islands have embarked on a challenge to lose weight after a medical check found that only seven pastors of the about 120 employed by the church’s Trans-Pacific Union Mission were not overweight.

The medical check, conducted at a Trans-Pacific Union Mission meeting at Fulton College in Nadi, Fiji, determined that more than half of the pastors from places such as Fiji, Samoa, Vanuatu, and the Solomon Islands were at risk of becoming diabetic and some of them were very obese.

In response, pastors from the Samoas-Tokelau Mission suggested a weight loss challenge, which started on March 1 and will run until June 30. The aim is to help motivate the pastors to lose weight, reduce blood sugar, hypertension and blood pressure.

http://www.adventistreview.org/church-news/story2484-adventist-pastors-resolve-to-lose-weight-in-south-pacific
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
Re: Adventist Pastors Resolve to Lose Weight in South Pacific
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 04:11:14 PM »
I would think the real challenge would be for them to learn all they can about the eight laws of health and live them, not until Jun 1, but the rest of their lives.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

colporteur

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 06:04:31 PM »
Yes to follow the eight laws of health permanently will take the weight off and keep it off. To do the right thing for a certain allotment  of time kind of reminds me of when we used to avoid eating meat on Friday during lent. At least they are making an effort but if they don't keep it up the weight will go right back on again. To lose the weight will make them a faster pastor.  ;D It will however require some fasting pastors.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Vicki

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 07:02:32 PM »
"Every few weeks they will receive health and weight loss tips."

It reads like they will be delving into the health message for more than weight loss. Often lifestyle changes are not easy. I will be praying for them, and the influence they have on those around them.