Author Topic: LLU Hosts Event in Favor of WO  (Read 4528 times)

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
LLU Hosts Event in Favor of WO
« on: January 31, 2015, 07:53:10 PM »
The Loma Linda University Church (LLUC) of Seventh-day Adventists hosted a two-day event on January 23-24, 2015, titled, “Women’s Ordination: The Road to San Antonio.” Six speakers presented various arguments in favor of ordaining women as pastors within the Adventist Church. The event moderator, LLUC senior pastor, Randy Roberts, commented that other church media had carried the arguments opposing women’s ordination. Therefore, the LLUC was intended to provide “balance” by presenting evidence from the Bible and other sources touching on the ordination of women. Roberts also noted that the LLU church had long championed women in ministry in the Adventist denomination. source

The presenters were:
Darius Jankiewicz
Richard Davidson
John Brunt
Kessia Reyne Bennett
Jon Paulien
Dilys Brooks
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

colporteur

Re: LLU Hosts Event in Favor of WO
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 06:02:16 PM »

"In the work of setting things in order in all the churches, and ordaining suitable men to act as officers, the apostles held to the high standards of leadership outlined in the Old Testament Scriptures. They maintained that he who is called to stand in a position of leading responsibility in the church "must be blameless, as the steward of God; not self-willed, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre; but a lover of hospitality, a lover of good men, sober, just, holy, temperate; holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers." Titus 1:7-9.    Acts of the Apostles ch. 9
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.