Author Topic: Baby elephant Flys  (Read 4914 times)

colporteur

Baby elephant Flys
« on: September 11, 2014, 05:16:09 PM »
ABC News reports that  brother Roberts, a SDA missionary pilot  tried to save a 300 lb. baby elephant by flying him in his small Cessna plane. The baby was the only remaining elephant alive after poachers downed a whole herd of elephants. Imagine getting a 300 lb. scared, baby elephant into a small plane and flying him home. The sick baby would touch brother Robert's hand with his trunk and at times tried to play with the controls. It is a sad story but one of tenderness.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/video-shows-rescued-baby-elephant-flying-airplane/story?id=25430987
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

colporteur

Re: Baby elephant Flys
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 02:52:04 PM »

I was thinking about heaven today when an intriguing thought came to mind. We know that animals can learn with time and effort. Some of them communicate quite well with humans.  Since man will continue to develop and learn throughout eternity is it possible that animals will do the same ? I'm not suggesting of course that animals would evolve into humans or anything of that nature but if they too continue to advance mentally that could be interesting.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
Re: Baby elephant Flys
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 04:07:32 PM »
That's an interesting thought Cp. There are so many unanswered questions about Heaven, although, the Word and SOP give us some good ideas. With elephants in particular we know that they have a good memory even of ex members of their heard who have died. For years on their migration routes a particular heard will stop and "mourn" over the bones of their relatives while passing up others. I believes animals have a much greater capacity than man normally gives them. But then again I'm partial to animals.

And there are things that we haven't even thought of yet. Maybe in our fallen nature our minds couldn't even conjure up the right questions to ask or dream of.

1 Corinthians 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Cp, thanks for this topic. I don't think we think about Heaven enough. I remember many many years ago friends and I were talking about Heaven what we thought it might be like. And a friend of mine made a comment that (although she didn't know it) spiritually rebuked me. We were all talking about what we wanted to the animals we wanted see, people we wanted to meet etc.... Then she said something like this...  "I'm not too worried about all of that all I want to do for the 1st billion years is to bow down before Jesus and thank Him for saving me."    Right then and there I could see that all my motives for going to heaven were selfish. It was an eye opener for me.

I know that isn't where you were going with your thought Cp... sorry for hijacking it.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}