Author Topic: We Raise Them In Love  (Read 3862 times)

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
We Raise Them In Love
« on: August 19, 2014, 09:44:20 AM »
Hebrews 5:14 But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to discern good and evil.

When my son  turned 13 years old we had a tool party.  We invited the fathers and the sons.  The fathers would bring a spiritual tool from Godís word to encourage him into manhood and the young men would bring a physical tool.  A hammer, ruler, nail gun etc. Austin who is my third son had this particular party and he immediately began to build certain projects and selling them to save money for a car.  Today I had the privilege of driving him to an early college testing facility in hopes for him to educate himself and receive his associates mastering  the continued skills of carpentry and a management  degree. It had not occurred to me that he had grown into a young man with knowledge and understanding that sometimes surpasses his own mother.  His mind had been in studying Godís word the last few years through many wonderful teachers that have mentored him along the way.  Now I get to watch him from afar how his skills of studying are  implemented and practiced as he continues on into adult hood.  What a challenge this will be.  Like the bird we start off young and sometimes foolish but with the practice and help of the Holy Spirit are guided and trained to receive instruction that will help us on the path of righteousness.
With Christian Love,
Marie

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
Re: We Raise Them In Love
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 12:52:36 PM »
Amen!!  As it is in the physical world, so it is in the spiritual.  What we do today determines what we shall do tomorrow. If we have planted good seed in our children, then we can expect to see a harvest later in life. "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."  Proverbs 22:6.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Sister Marie

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 02:38:31 PM »
This is so true Richard. And even if they do leave...because we planted the truth in his mind, it will be there for life. God will choose a special time to give that person a chance to come back to Him. But if that Truth were not there, it would have been much harder to help that grown child to come to the Lord.
With Christian Love,
Marie

Kaniela

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 02:08:23 AM »
Coming from a broken home, the story of your son sooo touches my heart. It warms my heart to hear of a mothers love for her child being demonstrated. It gives me a little glimpse of Gods love. God bless your family.  ;)

Sister Marie

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 05:22:48 AM »
Hi Kaniela,

The story I place here in Aug. was to show a beautiful up bringing. I wish it had been my family. When the world to some degree at least, obeyed God, our children had so much a better chance to stick to the Truth we taught them from the Bible. But my youngest lost his belief in the six day creation in our collage. My eldest is in belief of WO do to bad influence from where he is now that I have come east. They are both Church going SDA's but with problems. Satan has come into our Church with deceit and cunning devices. May God have mercy on our children and call them back to complete Truth. More than ever before it is so important to know the Truth of Scriptures and the correct interpretation of it.
With Christian Love,
Marie

Kaniela

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2015, 11:08:17 AM »
Hi sister Marie,
I suppose that we share similarities. I have two daughters which was brought up in the church. The youngest now having a family of her own, is right where I would have her to be. The eldest, who is not a practicing SDA, again resides with me for the past couple of years, with her third husband and four grow teenager kids (one being from her husband). Their is a lot of Babylonian practices that have been going on in my home which I haven't been able to get a handle on. This has been a trial in my faith as I will at times get depressed. All I can do at this point I suppose is to pray, try to be an example, and claim promises like Isaiah 43:5,6. I'm sure that's what you must be doing.   ::)  Maranatha

Kaniela

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2015, 11:12:50 AM »
O yes, how could I forget, my eldest daughter now has a five month baby boy living with us. There's so much going on, I almost forgot.  ???

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2015, 11:17:22 AM »
 :)

In that case, dear grandfather, you will want to begin posting in this board: Grandchildren !!!
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Sister Marie

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2015, 11:23:49 AM »
Well, we sure did raise them in love, and now we pray for them in love. :)
With Christian Love,
Marie

Kaniela

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2015, 11:33:16 AM »
Thanks Mimi but I just tried and will have this error post that will say " the topic or board you are looking for appears to be either be missing or off limits to you ".  Maybe it's because I need to prove that I'm a grandparent being so young?  HAHAHAHA !!!   ;D

Kaniela

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2015, 11:35:06 AM »
Amen sister Marie.   :)

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2015, 11:46:09 AM »
Oh! Woopsie! Contact administrator@remnant-online.org to fully register.
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Kaniela

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2015, 12:14:13 PM »
Thanks Mimi I will try that.  :D