Author Topic: Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth  (Read 2288 times)

colporteur

Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth
« on: August 04, 2014, 10:55:57 AM »

I know that Diatomaceous Earth has been discussed as a bug killer  on the threads about gardening. Up  until recently I did not realize that people are eating it to kill parasites and such. I have researched  this some but not in depth. Is the benefits from this product over stated ? Is anyone on the forum consuming DA and what has been the results ? I read as well that we are already eating lesser amounts as it is applied to grain to kill and keep away insects.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Dorine

Re: Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 03:07:24 PM »
a soft, crumbly, porous sedimentary deposit formed from the fossil remains of diatoms.

Just wondering what category the bible would put that in. It is said to be excellent for joints (and other things) but so is shark cartilage.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 05:26:53 PM »
If I remember correctly from my Botanical studies in college (which may be questionable after more than 40 years  ::) ), diatoms are a type of algae, and algae, of course, is plant life.  Whether they are edible or not, is another question.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

colporteur

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 05:44:48 PM »
   Yes, it is a fossilized algae, a natural silica mineral.

They say that we have already been eating it but in small amounts. It is sometimes mixed with grain to kill bugs. Surely the way the FDA is against natural health products they would jump on the necks of those that sell this to be consumed. In other words, they search for ways to get these things banned and controlled. I'm thinking that if they had a leg to stand on this would have been outlawed half a century ago. I  am reading a book written on this by an RN named Tui Rose. It is entitled Going Green Using Diatomaceous earth.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.