Author Topic: Beware of emails from Zorpia!  (Read 2972 times)

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
Beware of emails from Zorpia!
« on: July 26, 2014, 08:12:21 PM »
I opened an email tonight saying I had a private message from someone I didn't know. The email said it was from Zorpia. I didn't click on any links, but went to google to search as I had never heard of the site before. Glad I didn't click, as it would most likely have spammed everyone in my contacts list. You can read about Zorpia at this tech link. http://www.techinasia.com/zorpia-spam-social-network/
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Beware of emails from Zorpia!
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 04:39:59 AM »
Thanks for the heads up, Linda.
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

JimB

• Servant
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
Re: Beware of emails from Zorpia!
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 08:16:42 AM »
Yes, indeed thanks!! The more warnings people give the more likely (hopefully) people will be aware of the dangers of opening and clicking on things that didn't come from people they know that they know.

In a way this saddens me because it teaches us to be cynical and unbelieving in other people. I think it's a good thing to be simple and believe other people however, this world fast teaches us that we need to have our guard up. :(
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}