Author Topic: Global Warming/Climate Change?  (Read 11592 times)

Cop

• Senior Moderator
Global Warming/Climate Change?
« on: March 30, 2014, 11:32:07 PM »
From cnsnews.com ,   December 2, 2004     

Fear of Global Warming Linked To Religious Belief    

An MIT meteorologist Wednesday dismissed alarmist’s fears about human induced global warming as nothing more than religious beliefs.    Do you believe in global warming?    That is a religious question.    So is the second part, are you a skeptic or a believer? said Massachusetts Institute of Technology professor Richard Linzen, in a speech to about 100 people at the National Press Club in   Washington   D.C.     Linzen is a professor at MIT’s Department of Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences.   

Essentially, if whatever you are told is alleged to be supported by all scientists, you don’t have to understand the issue anymore, you simply go back to treating it as a matter of religious belief, Linzen said.    Once a person becomes a believer of global warming you never have to defend this belief except to claim that you are supported by all scientists except for a handful of corrupted heretics, Linzen added.    According to Linzen, climate alarmist’s have been trying to push the idea that there was a scientific consensus on dire climate change.    Alarmist’s predictions of more hurricanes, the catastrophic rise in sea levels, the melting of the global poles, and even the plunge into another ice age are not scientifically supported, Linzen said.    Recent reports of a melting polar ice cap were dismissed by Linzen as an example of the media taking advantage of the public’s scientific illiteracy.    The thing you have to remember about the   Arctic  is that it is an extremely variable part of the world, Linzen said.    Although there is melting going on now, there has been a lot of melting that went on in the 1930’s, and then there was freezing.    So, by isolating this section they are essentially taking people’s ignorance of the past, he added.
My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me....That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave."
— Stonewall Jackson

Cop

• Senior Moderator
Re: Global Warming/Climate Change?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 11:36:40 PM »
New Nasa Data Blows Hole in Global Warming Theories

[Excerpts]

NASA satellite data from the years 2000 through 2011 show the Earth's atmosphere is allowing far more heat to be released into space than alarmist computer models have predicted, reports a new study in the peer-reviewed science journal Remote Sensing. The study indicates far less future global warming will occur than United Nations computer models have predicted, and supports prior studies indicating increases in atmospheric carbon dioxide trap far less heat than alarmists have claimed.

Study co-author Dr. Roy Spencer, a principal research scientist at the University of Alabama in Huntsville and U.S. Science Team Leader for the Advanced Microwave Scanning Radiometer flying on NASA's Aqua satellite, reports that real-world data from NASA's Terra satellite contradict multiple assumptions fed into alarmist computer models.

"The satellite observations suggest there is much more energy lost to space during and after warming than the climate models show," Spencer said in a July 26 University of Alabama press release. "There is a huge discrepancy between the data and the forecasts that is especially big over the oceans." 

In addition to finding that far less heat is being trapped than alarmist computer models have predicted, the NASA satellite data show the atmosphere begins shedding heat into space long before United Nations computer models predicted.

The new NASA Terra satellite data are consistent with long-term NOAA and NASA data indicating atmospheric humidity and cirrus clouds are not increasing in the manner predicted by alarmist computer models. The Terra satellite data also support data collected by NASA's ERBS satellite showing far more longwave radiation (and thus, heat) escaped into space between 1985 and 1999 than alarmist computer models had predicted. Together, the NASA ERBS and Terra satellite data show that for 25 years and counting, carbon dioxide emissions have directly and indirectly trapped far less heat than alarmist computer models have predicted.

In short, the central premise of alarmist global warming theory is that carbon dioxide emissions should be directly and indirectly trapping a certain amount of heat in the earth's atmosphere and preventing it from escaping into space. Real-world measurements, however, show far less heat is being trapped in the earth's atmosphere than the alarmist computer models predict, and far more heat is escaping into space than the alarmist computer models predict.

(Taylor, “New NASA Data Blow Gaping Hole In Global Warming Alarmism,” Forbes Magazine, Wed, Jul 27, 2011)

[There is a huge discrepancy between computer models and direct observation. " O   Timothy,   keep  that which is committed to thy   trust,   avoiding   profane  and vain   babblings,   and   oppositions  of   science  falsely so   called" (1 Timothy:6:20).]
My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me....That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave."
— Stonewall Jackson

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 03:24:24 AM »
This does not surprise me, but why does the media keep hyping it and fanning the alarmist flames?

We've just experienced what will probably go down as the coldest March on record.  I've been here nearly 30 years, and this is the first time I've experienced below 0° in the last week of March (last Tuesday).  And all the claims about birds migrating earlier and flowers blooming earlier is nonsense.  It varies from year to year.  For the first time I have not been able to find a crocus or snowdrops blooming in March.  And, contrary to all past years, virtually no spring birds have arrived.  A small flock of Red-winged Blackbirds down the road is the only evidence that it's March and not January--0and they showed up later than average.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 11:09:48 AM »
I have been doing my part in creating more co2, but it does not appear to  be helping. They  must be wrong.  But, on the other hand, look at the title of this thread.  They have to cover their error, so now they can be right even though you are freezing.  :(
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Cop

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 06:03:09 PM »
UN finding on climate change is just a bunch of hot air, new report claims

[Excerpts]

A U.N.-commissioned panel says climate change is hurting the growth of crops, affecting the quality of water supplies and forcing wildlife to change the way it lives – but what if it’s all just smoke and mirrors?

A new report from the Nongovernmental International Panel on Climate Change (NIPCC), written by an international collection of scientists and published by the conservative Heartland Institute, claims just that, declaring that humanity's impact on climate is not causing substantial harm to the Earth.

“All across the planet, the historical increase in the atmosphere’s CO2 concentration has stimulated vegetative productivity,” reads a portion of the 1,063-page report, called “Climate Change Reconsidered II: Biological Impacts.” “This observed stimulation, or greening of the Earth, has occurred in spite of many real and imagined assaults on Earth’s vegetation, including fires, disease, pest outbreaks, deforestation and climatic change.”

The Heartland Institute says more than 30 scientists served as authors and reviewers for the new report, which it claims cites more than 1,000 peer-reviewed studies supporting the belief that climate change is not detrimental to the biosphere. The Heartland Institute describes itself as a think tank promoting public policy "based on individual liberty, limited government and free markets."

The panel of scientists says human impact on the global climate is small, changing temperatures are within a historic scope of temperature variables and there is no net harm to human health of the production of food.

The findings are a stark contrast to the messages from the UN’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), which in a report released last week concluded that in many regions of the earth, changing precipitation and melting snow are altering hydrological systems, which negatively impact the quantity of water resources.

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2014/04/09/new-report-claims-un-findings-on-climate-change-is-just-bunch-hot-air/
— Stonewall Jackson

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 01:05:18 PM »
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Cop

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 06:39:17 PM »
Why do we have so many forest fires? Could it be because for 100 years we were preventing forest fires in order to 'save' them and not allowing nature to follow its natural course? Now because of the heavy undergrowth which would have normally been burned out from lightning strikes etc., when a fire starts, it is very hard to fight and is hotter and larger. Indeed, now we know that forests need regular burnings in order to grow and the Forest Service purposely sets fires in our forests in order to make them healthy and safe. I live within the Sam Houston National Forest and formerly if there was a fire, the F.S. would rush in with all kinds of equipment to put it out. Now, they often let it burn unless there is heavy underbrush and it is likely to get out of control. Remember Smokey the Bear? Once upon a time, we were all told that all forest fires were bad.

The term, "Global warming", is being phased out because it cannot be proved but instead is shown to be a lie. Now they call it 'climate change'. Is there climate change? Of course there is! At last, they can prove it is true!! The climate changes several times a year from winter, to spring, to summer, to fall, and then back to winter so there is their proof at last!
— Stonewall Jackson

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2014, 03:13:55 AM »
Amen, Cop. I too live in a national forest and its true stewards would agree with you. Only recently have we begun to extinguish the fires and now we have a problem. Overgrowth is to the point of an emergency, so much so that in our district we have been told we are on our own. No fire-fighting personnel will risk their own lives to attempt fighting a fire they cannot possibly put out. They know we have passed a point of correction that only a great fire can cure. There are massive thinning projects ongoing; however, those who worship Mother Earth have been given visions that to cut and kill trees is worse than taking a human life. Reason has flown out of the window.

There is a great war going on that few are aware of.

Cop

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2014, 12:22:56 PM »
There is a great war going on that few are aware of.

Amen to that dear sister! What is really worrisome is that so few of our own people realize this truth.  :-[
— Stonewall Jackson

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2014, 08:06:29 AM »
Oct. 6, 2014: The cold waters of Earth’s deep ocean have not warmed measurably since 2005, according to a new NASA study, leaving unsolved the mystery of why global warming appears to have slowed in recent years.

Scientists at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) in Pasadena, California, analyzed satellite and direct ocean temperature data from 2005 to 2013 and found the ocean abyss below 1.24 miles (1,995 meters) has not warmed measurably. Study coauthor Josh Willis of JPL said these findings do not throw suspicion on climate change itself. NASA - read more

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2014, 05:35:13 AM »

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2015, 05:24:08 PM »
This is an interesting piece:

NYT Smears Scientist Willie Soon for Telling the Truth About ‘Global Warming’

... The reason for the latest attack on Soon is that he is the co-author, with Christopher Monckton et al, of a paper published earlier this year in the prestigious Chinese Academy of Sciences journal Science Bulletin.

This study — Why Models Run Hot — infuriated the alarmist establishment, first because it was unusually popular (receiving over 10,000 views — thousands more than most scientific papers get) and second because it made a mockery of their cherished computer models.

As Paul Driessen explains:

Results from an irreducibly simple climate model,” concluded that, once discrepancies in IPCC computer models are taken into account, the impact of CO2-driven manmade global warming over the next century (and beyond) is likely to be “no more than one-third to one-half of the IPCC’s current projections” – that is, just 1-2 degrees C (2-4 deg F) by 2100! That’s akin to the Roman and Medieval Warm Periods and would be beneficial, not harmful.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/02/21/nyt-smears-scientist-willie-soon-for-telling-the-truth-about-global-warming/

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2015, 05:37:47 AM »
This article, written by Richard S. Lindzen (professor emeritus of atmospheric sciences at MIT and a distinguished senior fellow of the Cato Institute.) appeared in the Wall Street Journal this week.  The Political Assault on Climate Skeptics

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2015, 03:58:47 PM »
Subscription required to read more than the first few sentences.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2015, 06:22:19 PM »
That is strange. I read the entire thing this morning. They must have had a run on the article. Just guessing.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2015, 06:25:50 PM »

Cop

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2016, 01:19:25 AM »
Scientists Ask Obama To Prosecute Global Warming Skeptics

The science on global warming is settled, so settled that 20 climate scientists are asking President Barack Obama to prosecute people who disagree with them on the science behind man-made global warming.

Scientists from several universities and research centers even asked Obama to use the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) to prosecute groups that “have knowingly deceived the American people about the risks of climate change, as a means to forestall America’s response to climate change.”

RICO was a law designed to take down organized crime syndicates, but scientists now want it to be used against scientists, activists and organizations that voice their disagreement with the so-called “consensus” on global warming.

http://www.globalclimatescam.com/extremists/scientists-ask-obama-to-prosecute-global-warming-skeptics/
— Stonewall Jackson

Cop

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2016, 01:21:20 AM »
16 Democrat AGs Begin Inquisition Against ‘Climate Change Disbelievers’

Beginning in 1478, the Spanish Inquisition systematically silenced any citizen who held views that did not align with the king’s. Using the powerful arm of the government, the grand inquisitor, Tomas de Torquemada, and his henchmen sought out all those who held religious, scientific, or moral views that conflicted with the monarch’s, punishing the “heretics” with jail sentences; property confiscation; fines; and in severe cases, torture and execution.

One of the lasting results of the Spanish Inquisition was a stifling of speech, thought, and scientific debate throughout Spain. By treating one set of scientific views as absolute, infallible, and above critique, Spain silenced many brilliant individuals and stopped the development of new ideas and technological innovations. Spain became a scientific backwater.

As an old adage says, those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. So we now have a new inquisition underway in America in the 21st century—something that would have seemed unimaginable not too long ago.

Treating climate change as an absolute, unassailable fact, instead of what it is—an unproven, controversial scientific theory—a group of state attorneys general have announced that they will be targeting any companies that challenge the catastrophic climate change religion.

http://www.globalclimatescam.com/al-gore/16-democrat-ags-begin-inquisition-against-climate-change-disbelievers/
— Stonewall Jackson

colporteur

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2016, 06:24:54 AM »

Lines are being drawn. Not to change the subject but this morning I called target and offered feedback and a complaint. They wanted my first and last name.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2016, 07:50:43 AM »
Obama has found support from the world's most important leader. He sees global warming as a great disguise to bring in a sun day law. Most all consider closing factories and businesses one day a week as a super idea to combat the production of co2. Who could object?  All that needs to be done is try and figure out which day to choose. Most don't care which day, each to his own. But, others have a strong bias as to which day to select.

If the bookies were to place odds, there would be little disagreement on which day it will be. If the world can see this, then ought not those who believe the prophets understand what is coming soon?
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.