Author Topic: Spring 2014  (Read 7309 times)

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
Re: Spring 2014
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2014, 04:23:09 PM »

So concerned am I, that I burned two large piles of pruning wood in hopes that some are right in saying that carbon dioxide will help you folks out some. Let me know if you notice any difference in temps.  I can burn a few more piles if necessary.

I've done my share, as well.  In only one other winter have I burned so much wood.  The wood shed with good wood is empty.  I will start burning "junk wood" next week.

I've heard rumors of an el nino developing some time this year.  That usually translates into a wet winter for Calif., and a mild winter for New England.  I can only hope . . . .
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2014, 07:16:09 PM »
We are happy that you are happy, dear sister! Wally and I are not discouraged.  It is  sign that our prayers are being answered. Jesus is coming soon!!!   We got a few good storms, so at least we have some water!  We are content in all situations!! Jesus loves us and cares for us. He will provide!!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2014, 03:00:03 AM »
Ah, yes, spring, with flowers blooming and birds singing, with 2 1/2 feet of snow on the ground and temperature at -1° and falling . . . .

I've lived here nearly 30 years, and I've never seen it go below 0° this late in the season.  Global warming, of course.  ::)

I've usually seen my first crocuses by now--nope.  Killdeer are usually back in the open patches by now--nope.  Ducks usually begin pairing off and moving into the small streams as they open up--nope.

I've had to resort to burning "junk" firewood, since virtually all of the good stuff is gone.

Oh, yeah, this thread was supposed to be about spring.  Sorry.  ;D
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Cop

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2014, 09:48:07 AM »
All of you Yankees are sure having fun in all that snow, I guess. ;D  For the last 5 or 6 weeks down here we've had all the fruit trees, Redbud trees, Dogwoods, and others covered with blooms. The pastures and hills are covered with Indian Paintbrushes, Bluebonnets and other flowers. Our garden has sprouted and, thanks to the Lord, every thing in it is looking good. Now if we continue to get rain this year, we'll have a good harvest.
My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me....That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave."
— Stonewall Jackson