Health > Gardening

Growing Garlic

(1/2) > >>

Richard Myers:
It has been some time since I have grown garlic. Bought some elephant garlic today.  I may be a little late, but am going to try anyway. Anyone had success growing garlic?

JimB:
I haven't but was thinking about it for this season. So my ears are open what is said in this topic.

colporteur:
I have grown garlic successfully for several years but only when I planted it in late summer the year before, let it winter over and then start up early in the spring.

JimB:
Just checking in to see if anyone here decided to plant garlic. I got a way way too late of a start on my garden so I completely forgot about garlic in my rush to get the garden planted. However, I plan on planting some this fall for spring. Which is what I will do also for my potatoes now that I know they will survive a winter and pop back up in the spring. It will be good to have 4 or 5 rows of my veggies already planted come spring. :)

colporteur:

--- Quote from: JimB on June 07, 2017, 11:48:26 AM ---Just checking in to see if anyone here decided to plant garlic. I got a way way too late of a start on my garden so I completely forgot about garlic in my rush to get the garden planted. However, I plan on planting some this fall for spring. Which is what I will do also for my potatoes now that I know they will survive a winter and pop back up in the spring. It will be good to have 4 or 5 rows of my veggies already planted come spring. :)

--- End quote ---

I put in 34 raised beds and  planted one 4x8.5 ' raised bed of garlic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version