Author Topic: Cave Mysteries  (Read 1504 times)

Cop

• Senior Moderator
Cave Mysteries
« on: January 13, 2014, 06:34:02 PM »
“As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him” (2 Samuel:22:31).

Have you ever been in a cave? If you have, perhaps someone has told you that the rock formations hanging from the ceiling—called stalactites—are thousands or even tens of thousands of years old. Scientists tell us that stalactites take 100 years, on the average, to grow one inch. But just how accurate is this figure?

Stalactites grow where water seeps through limestone rock, dissolving limestone in the process. When this water containing dissolved limestone emerges from the roof of a cave, it hangs for a moment. In a current of air, some of it evaporates, causing the limestone to deposit. Finally, the remaining water drops to the floor of the cave and continues to evaporate and deposit. The deposit on the floor is called a stalagmite.

A concrete railroad bridge in Wooster, Ohio had a stalactite growing under it that was over 12 inches long! Had the railroad bridge been standing for more than 1,200 years? Obviously not—in fact, the bridge had been cleaned of stalactites only 12 years before! Nor is this situation unusual. More than 300 stalactites were counted growing under bridges in just this one city, and stalactites are not hard to find under concrete bridges in most cities.

We take so many things at face value that evolutionists tell us about the world, even if they contradict the Bible. Before we start taking human words on faith, we should take at face value what the Creator says in the Bible. He knows more than all scientists put together and is to be trusted above any human teacher!

http://www.creationmoments.com/node/1886
My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me....That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave."
— Stonewall Jackson

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
Re: Cave Mysteries
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 03:20:26 AM »
A few years ago, my kids and I were in Acadia National Park to pick up a yearly pass, in anticipation of a trip out west.  Under a bridge which was about 75 years old, I pointed out a stalactite which was probably about a foot long.  It made an impression on them.  Mineral content and rate of flow are the determining factors in how long it takes to grow one of these things.

The sad thing is that no matter how implausible or impossible the long-age/evolutionary scenario may be, the true believers will always find a "rescuing device" to explain away the facts.  Only the Holy Spirit can break through the fog and get their attention.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 09:32:43 PM »
They seem to have a lot in common with Al Gore.  Yes, I know it is cold in Maine. I must cease preaching to the choir!!  I did attempt to help you folks up there. They say burning fossil fuel will cause things to warm up.  I wanted to help you all....so I burned my last years prunings today. I couldn't see it, but I am sure that I added to the co2 in the atmosphere. Not only will it help those who are freezing, but I understand that plants need co2 to grow. I have a lot of seedlings in the house. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can route the co2 into my house?   Or do my plants have too much co2 already?
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 03:50:13 AM »
Maybe more deep breathing exercises while standing close to your plants will help.  ;)
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10