Author Topic: A Very Smart Animal!  (Read 5588 times)

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
Re: A Very Smart Animal!
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2014, 04:45:44 PM »
LOL  I've given up.

Two nights ago the dog was sleeping on the couch in the living room. The kitchen dog door is right there and the cat walked right into the house again and the dog did nothing. Cat began howling as he walked through the house. It woke me up and I ran him off - again.

That cat is amazing. Have never seen such tenacity. Am shocked he is still alive. Even the dog has given up. He is outsmarting everyone so I guess he deserves to live free. LOL
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

JimB

• Servant
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2014, 04:56:52 PM »
Sounds like you've found a new friend! :) 
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2014, 10:41:07 PM »
After reading a few posts, I decided to go back to the beginning to see what has transpired. I am still laughing!!!   The deer are quiet and have never come into my house!!!   :)
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2014, 04:01:55 AM »
Yes, it is a comical situation except as it is happening @ 2:30 in the morning. I prefer pleasant adrenaline rushes compared to those in the dead of night. Two nights ago marked his 6th such visit of terror. His owner (and the owner's landlord) received a serious letter stating my intentions of legal action. His swift response was a one-liner. "Sorry. Moving next month." 

My observation of the neighbor who is hard to love is this: undisciplined and unrestrained. Just like his cat.

And so it goes. Somewhere out there is a future neighbor unaware of who is moving in next door with such a beautiful white kitty. Movies are made of such things.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2014, 06:52:59 AM »

Have you considered the cat may not be moving?
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2014, 09:48:31 AM »
Have you considered the cat may not be moving?

How true. Animals often get left behind when the owners find themselves moving but can't find the animal.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2014, 12:14:20 PM »
Do I have the friends of Job who dare attempt to infuse my trembling heart with doubt that it may not be over in June? I cannot entertain such an idea. 

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2014, 12:39:47 PM »
I think you neighbor knows he has to take the cat. He will have no peace if he doesn't for he knows you will track him down.  ;D
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2014, 01:38:51 PM »
That did it Linda.  The truth in this case has brought me to my knees. I can't stop laughing.    :)    God gave our sister sweet deer that won't eat her garden!!!  And a cat that loves her and her cats! He probably wants to stay.  Since he is indeed a "smart"...no..."a very smart animal" he will figure out a way to stay home.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2014, 04:50:14 PM »
I think you neighbor knows he has to take the cat. He will have no peace if he doesn't for he knows you will track him down.  ;D

Yes ma'am! I am armed with Google and a credit card. I can find anyone!  ;D

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2014, 04:11:00 PM »
Over the weekend the pesky cat and his obstinate owner left our valley. HALLELUJAH! He Who reigns for ever and ever answers the prayers of the needy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usfiAsWR4qU&list=RDusfiAsWR4qU#t=0 

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2014, 04:16:44 PM »
I have to grin Mimi... maybe you should tell us what you really think!  I'm glad that you're happy. May you and your cats have some peace.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2014, 04:34:18 PM »
maybe you should tell us what you really think!

LOL!!!  ;D

colporteur

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2014, 07:03:30 PM »
    I would suggest that you get the T cat some counseling regarding self control. Probably his parents were very permissive.

Otherwise there is the age old never failing manner of catching a wild animal. Sprinkle salt on his tail.  ;D

I don't know if this would be helpful advice pertaining to a cat but I have heard that the way to catch a wild rabbit is ya neek up on it. The way to catch a tame rabbit is da tame way, ya neek up on um.  ;D

To catch a wild cat you night try neekin up on um. If he is a  tame cat ya do it da tame way, by neekin up on um.  Dat way ya might cats um.  ;D   I hope dis profound advice is hepful. No charge !

Actually I'm thinking Ed's trick with the sock would work.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.