Author Topic: Harold Camping May 21 Refuses A Bible Answer Offer  (Read 10386 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Harold Camping May 21 Refuses A Bible Answer Offer
« on: May 19, 2011, 10:52:08 AM »
Harold Camping still refuses the offer made by A Bible Answer,  abibleanswer.org  ,   to buy Family Radio for one million dollars on May 21.  Family Radio refuses to do interviews or answer media questions. They will give no information other than direct all inquiries to their web site. The board chairman and Harold Camping are unavailable.  Many of their radio stations have no local office and where there an office in a community, they refuse to answer any questions. It seems  that the are having a hard time doing evangelism in person and are relying upon their radio and web site to present any information.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Vicki

Re: Harold Camping May 21 Refuses A Bible Answer Offer
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 11:29:05 AM »
One would think, if Christ were coming May  21, that Family Radio would be accepting all the interviews they could to warn the masses. But, Jesus is not returning May 21. I don't even think Harold Camping believes what he is preaching or he would have sold those radio stations to have more money for evangelism. Imagine, an offer of $1,000,000 for the stations, cash up front for Camping to use to further his goal of reaching the world with this revelation, yet he can keep his stations until the day after he is raptured. Like the website said, Family Radio will have no need of the stations after that. If he believed his time setting he'd be grabbing at that offer AND doing interviews. That man is definitely not putting his money where his mouth is. Harold Camping is a false prophet.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 11:34:15 AM »
The atheists are going to mock God by having parties on May 21. They are talking about the distress that will come to those who were deceived. It is not nice what they say. But, as usual there is truth mingled with their lies. Some will so discouraged that they may see nothing left to live for. Very sad.  There is much to live for. Jesus is coming soon and even if He did not come soon, life is a blessing when we know Jesus! Amid our daily trials there is so much to be thankful for.

I asked to speak with Harold of the board chairman and was told they would not be in today or tomorrow. I asked if either would be in Monday. The answer was "I don't know."  Then will they be in Tuesday? "We will have to wait and see."
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Vicki

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 11:44:26 AM »
I asked if either would be in Monday. The answer was "I don't know."  Then will they be in Tuesday? "We will have to wait and see."

It has crossed my mind that Camping could "disappear" for awhile after his prediction fails. To have the Board Chairman say he doesn't know if Camping will be in on Monday makes it sound like there are some close to him that do not believe his predictions. Too bad they can't make that known on the radio.

I briefly saw where there are those throwing rapture parties. I did not read the article to find out if it was mockers or actual believers doing this. I pray for those who are being deceived - that they will find the truth and not turn from God. Jesus is coming soon! They can take courage in this, it is just not May 21. Read the Bible, follow scripture - not a man. Camping's message is clearly contrary to scripture!

Sister Dee

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 12:52:07 PM »
Hmmm.  Office help unsure if Camping or board chairman will be in next week.  That would make an interesting banner! 

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 01:27:49 PM »
I would say the office help would be in trouble, but before she could be fired, the whole world will know she knew better than Harold. Many working for Camping do not agree with him on certain subjects. So, we post what she had to say.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 03:10:12 PM »
"After May 21, 2011" - from Amazing Facts. http://www.aftermay21.com/
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2011, 08:23:47 AM »
The world does not have to wait until 6pm tomorrow to see Family Radio and Harold Camping are wrong. He preaches that judgment begins at 6pm local time. That means, he says, that in the first time zone, judgment begins and follows the sun around the world.  Earthquakes will move around the globe as the clock hits 6pm around the world. So, sometime shortly before midnight California time, where Camping lives, he will know he is a false prophet.  If it does not register with him that he has misled many, he will at 6pm tomorrow realize that he was "left behind".

Harold Camping mingled a lot of truth in with his false teachings. Some will be hardened against the message that Jesus is coming soon!  It is time to get ready. The world is at is was at the time of Noah.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2011, 10:16:52 PM »
A Bible teaching ministry is offering Family Radio, ministry of Harold Camping, $1 million to purchase its entire network of 66 stations in the U.S. A Bible Answer said it would assume ownership of the Family Radio stations the day after October 21, Camping's new date for Doomsday.     Read full article-The Christian Post.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2023, 11:10:32 PM »
What happened to Family Radio? How large is its coverage? Here is an update on the radio ministry:   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_Radio