Author Topic: Firefox Tabs Not Being Saved  (Read 3155 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Firefox Tabs Not Being Saved
« on: December 06, 2013, 11:26:04 AM »
I open quite a few windows in Firefox. On startup, they always appear as they were when I shut down my browser, but not anymore. And, it is not on just one machine, but the two I use on the internet. Anyone else experiencing this? Are you losing your open tabs?
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
Re: Firefox Tabs Not Being Saved
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 12:08:22 PM »
It's been a long, long time since Firebox would open with the tabs I had open in the previous session. I guess they removed the option.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 12:18:47 PM »
Mine never remain open after closing Firefox.
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Vicki

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 12:58:00 PM »
Some of their recent updates must be toying with that feature. Mine never reopened & that's how I liked it. Then a few months ago I was getting all my old tabs opening on start up - very annoying. It took several weeks before it stopped so I assumed it was one of their many updates. Sorry you now have the opposite annoyance.

JimB

• Servant
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 02:13:29 PM »
I have never let my firefox remember tabs. However, it's still there because my "free" installation of firefox will open with old tabs. I believe if you'll play around with the "privacy" section under options may help. You can tell it what to remember or not to remember. When I get a few mintues I'll let you know what the settings are or aren't.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 10:08:10 AM »
Ok.. I finally found it. Took me a while but it was staring in my face. I guess it was too simple. Mine was doing the same thing also but this was the solution for me....

By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 05:38:40 PM »
Thanks, Jim.  I was lost without them. Something got corrupted.  To lose ten windows that I was working in is a disaster. But, on the other hand, since I lost them, I have forgotten why I wanted them.  :(  Unless I had almost completed a post when I shut the computer down. That I always sadly remember!  Again, thanks.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, 06:29:27 PM »
Firefox 25.0.1 does not give that option.  ??? It is there in very light gray but it is not clickable.

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2013, 06:40:33 PM »
Go check your privacy settings. If it's set to "not remember" or to clear history on exit there will never be anything for it to remember to pull up next time. I'm gonna make an educated guess that if you'll go to your privacy settings and change the settings for firefox to remember or keep a history then that setting will become a clickable option.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2013, 07:32:54 PM »
Okay. I will! Thanks!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2013, 08:28:32 PM »
I'm using 25.01.  And, I have my tabs back!! Thanks, Jim.