Author Topic: Seventh-day Adventist Sabbath School Lesson Online -- Welcome!  (Read 32296 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Seventh-day Adventist Sabbath School Lesson Online -- Welcome!
« on: November 09, 2013, 09:28:14 AM »
Welcome to our online Sabbath School lesson!  It is a blessing to have Seventh-day Adventists from around the world studying the same lesson together. We look forward to many of you who read on a regular basis participating. We want to benefit from what God is teaching you. There is safety in a multitude of counselors. We asked a question in one of our lessons and got this reply from a new member. It reveals the burden we have to encourage you all to register and share your thoughts in the daily lessons. To register, please send an email to administrator@remnant-online.com

Thursday October 24

What made the difference for Asaph? What did he see in the sanctuary service that caused him to understand the truth as to why good people suffer and bad people are prospered? Since many in the world and even in the church do not understand, maybe it would be good to study the sanctuary message as did Asaph?  Let us hear from some of our Bible students, what did Asaph find in the sanctuary?

This post might be late but i noticed that we haven't answered this important question. I think every devoted Christian has been tempted to ask WHY does the wicked SEEM to prosper while the righteous are suffering. The lesson attempt to answer this widely shared paradox amongst God’s children.

There is one verse in the bible that speaks clearly to me about the work in the sanctuary.

"What do ye imagine against the Lord? he will make an utter end: affliction shall not rise up the second time." Nahum 1:9

God is currently doing (and Has been doing) a work in the heavenly sanctuary that shall ultimately ensure that affliction shall not rise up the second time.  I think Asaph saw this work of eradicating sin (sin: the root cause of all our problems) in the sanctuary. By faith he understood the true lesson which God intended to teach using the sanctuary. Not only does the sanctuary teach us about  the forgiveness of sin, it also teaches us about the ultimate removal of sin which was shadowed by the day of atonement when the sanctuary was cleansed from sin, pointing to a anti typical when God shall eradicated sin. Asaph understood this (I think).

Welcome to our fellowship and Bible study, Chamu!  We have many who read the Sabbath School lesson, but few who actively participate. In a church setting is it very easy to draw others into the discussion, you ask the question and continue to look at them until they answer.  :)  Not so here. Those reading have no such encouragement to post their thoughts. It can be scary to put yourself out in front of the world. But, what Chamu has done is an illustration of what God desires in our study. We are a church of brothers and sisters from around the world, from many different cultures, yet Jesus has brought us closer together than those of our own family who are not converted. It is an easy thing for me to teach the lesson week after week. God has called me to do this. But, as a teacher, it is my job to point all to Christ and His Word, not to myself. As such, I want others to share what God is teaching them, that the world might see the unity of Spirit and doctrine that we have in His church. We lose much when the church relies upon a pastor or elder to do all of the preaching and teaching.

The Holy Spirit is the Teacher. He is teaching all who will come to Jesus just as they are. And, our Sabbath School lesson will benefit from those lessons being shared with the rest of us. The question asked is one of the most important questions that can be answered. How many times have we heard intelligent people say, if God is all powerful, if God is so loving, then why does He allow such evil to exist in this world? Why does He allow such bad things to happen to good people? Chamu, under the leading of the Holy Spirit and His study of the Bible has answered that question. He apologized for being late, but he just joined our fellowship. The question would have been left unanswered if Chamu had not been brave enough, as a new member, to make the post even though it was in last week's lesson.

The answer will be here for the world to read until Jesus comes or the state refuses to allow our site to remain online. This is an open forum for the world to read. Many come here reading in the past lessons. Who knows whose life is going to be touched by what Chamu has posted. God can use his words to reach some of the many who do not know the character of our God, or why it is that God allows evil to continue in this world.  It is because it is necessary to put an end to sin forever. Asaph was distraught as he saw evil people prospering. Justice had fallen in the street and equity could not enter, and he who departed from evil made himself a prey. Is it not that way today? Many are frightened and do not understand God. We, to whom a knowledge of God has been entrusted, are responsible to understand and to tell the world about the character of our God. By our example and by our words, we are to tell of His greatness. Chamu has done this. Listen again to this important truth he has shared: "God is currently doing (and Has been doing) a work in the heavenly sanctuary that shall ultimately ensure that affliction shall not rise up the second time.  I think Asaph saw this work of eradicating sin (sin: the root cause of all our problems) in the sanctuary. By faith he understood the true lesson which God intended to teach using the sanctuary. Not only does the sanctuary teach us about  the forgiveness of sin, it also teaches us about the ultimate removal of sin which was shadowed by the day of atonement when the sanctuary was cleansed from sin, pointing to a anti typical when God shall eradicated sin."

What is so very sad is that it is not just the world that needs to hear this, but God's own church needs to hear it. The "evangelical gospel" has perverted this truth just as the Jews had perverted the gospel when Christ was born into this world. The false message is "love, love, love". "Forgiveness, forgiveness, forgiveness".  It is true, God is love. But what about the rest of the story? What about the eradication of sin? God forbid that someone would say such a thing! God saves us no matter if we continue is sin or not, is the prevalent teaching in professing Christianity. Satan has successfully attacked the character of our God. His justice has been maligned. And, he continues to malign His character of mercy and love too. God is going to burn the sinner for eternity if he does not become a Christian. Such lies.

In the Hebrew sanctuary we find a beautiful picture of the plan of salvation which included the eradication of sin, just as Chamu has shared. As we move forward with this quarter's lesson, we will be looking for this important lesson to be presented. We generally let the past week's lesson stay "stickied" or "pinned" at the top of the page until Monday or Tuesday of the current week. But, in this case, the truth that Chamu as presented is so important, that we are gong to let this past week's lesson stay at the top of the page until we cover the subject of the eradication of sin in this quarter. When we see the lesson presented in such a manner as Chamu has done, then we will let last week's lesson fall into its chronological order. Until then, it will remain "stickied" at the top of the page.

Again, welcome Chamu. And thank you for your participation in our lesson. We look forward to your thoughts and how God is leading in your life. May your post be an encouragement to the multitude who read, but do not post. We want to know what God is teaching them also.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Chamu

Re: Seventh-day Adventist Sabbath School Lesson Online
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 03:53:57 AM »

Again, welcome Chamu. And thank you for your participation in our lesson. We look forward to your thoughts and how God is leading in your life. May your post be an encouragement to the multitude who read, but do not post. We want to know what God is teaching them also.

Brother Richard, I did not realize (until today) that u posted this thread. I'm happy to be here and thank you for all the warm welcoming. Being a sabbath school lesson teacher is a great and solemn responsibility especially in a world many are prioritizing their opinions before God's word. Begin able to base every discuss on a solid “Thus saith the Lord” is what is needed now. I have benefited a lot since I started not only to read but to participate on this Sabbath School Online discussions. These few days I have actually went maybe 2 quarterlies back reading the posted discussions, trying to find some answers I did not find then. By His Grace, i have also learned to apply scriptures to every discussion. Scripture only is our safeguard in this changing world. “None but those who have fortified the mind with the truths of the Bible will stand through the last great conflict.”

As the mother watches for the smile of recognition from her little child, which tells of the dawning intelligence, so does Christ watch for the expression of grateful love, which shows that spiritual life is begun in the soul. DA 191.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 08:00:22 AM »
Amen! We cannot depend upon others for our experience or our learning. God sends teachers, but we need to be as the Bereans and compare what is being taught with the Bible. Share your questions with us, dear brother. There is much doctrinal information in the Bread of Life Forum. I am sure that the questions you have are those that many others are seeking answers for also.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 08:26:43 AM »
In these lessons you will find the use of color to help guide our readers in better understanding the lessons. I have used navy to identify my response to the lesson, and maroon to identify inspired quotes. At times it is difficult to know what is  human wisdom and that which is inspired of God. By using maroon it removes any doubt as to what is inspired.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Seventh-day Adventist Sabbath School Lesson Online -- Welcome!
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 07:04:53 AM »
We are experimenting with the format in this forum.  Wally posts the entire lesson on Friday, our time. It is there for all to begin studying. To keep from repeating these posts, I am now deleting these posts as I respond to that day's lesson. Therefore, we do not have duplicate posts of the lessons.

All are invited to post their thoughts on any lesson at any time. On Friday when the lesson gets posted, you may reply to any of the day's lessons. There is no need to wait for my posts on each day's lesson. It is there for you if you are looking for help with the lesson in your Sabbath School class. While we may not appreciate all that is included in the lessons, we will follow the outline and thus give you an opportunity to address each point being made in the lesson with truth.

The Sabbath School is so very important to our people since it is the primary tool given to the church to teach Bible truth. Where there is error in the lessons, it is important that it be corrected. That requires input from many, not just from one. We must teach with the authority of Scripture, but we are erring humans in need of the safety of a multitude of counselors.

We are having difficulty with our registration system. If you register and do not get a reply, please address you request to me personally at administrator@remnant-online.org

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 07:33:43 AM »
The format we use is very good. It allows the study of the truth given to us in every area of work. It also allows for interaction. In order to make this work well in the Sabbath School Forum, it is helpful to understand how to quote when responding to a post.

There is a "quote" at the top of each post.

After reading the post, if you wish to quote that post or a part of that post, click on "post".

That will quote the entire portion, giving the person who posted, and the time and date so others will know where to find it and who posted it.

You may quote a portion of the post by leaving the first line which indicates the who and when, and then deleting all else, but what you want to quote. Here is an example.

I am quoting Pastor Sean's post made  May 14, 2016, 05:50:55 PM.  I have clicked on the "quote" and here is what comes up:

If you want to quote the whole post, just go ahead and add your comments and post.

If you want to just quote what Pastor Sean wrote, then delete what Richard Myers wrote. You must also remove  everything from quote  author=Richard Myers to /quote at the end of the material you want to delete.

That is beginning with the quote in brackets and ending with /quotes in brackets.

Give it a try, and if things don't come out right, you have a short period of time to edit your post. Or, we can fix it for you. You also have the ability to see a preview of the post by clicking on "Preview" instead of "Post".     

We also have a Test Forum where you can practice.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2016, 07:21:21 PM »
I am thankful for this welcome page, and want to encourage everyone who is posting in our Sabbath School section to check out another wonderful section on this site--and that is under the "King of Kings" forum where we are engaging the beautiful inspired biography on the life of Christ--The Desire of Ages. Tomorrow we will look together at Chapter 29, and invite anyone to come and read, be blessed, and if you are a member, to post your reflections and thoughts from how the Holy Spirit is speaking to you as you commune with the lovely Savior! I love Jesus and I pray that all of us may fall more deeply in love with Him--whether we are posting on the Sabbath School, whether we are learning about health, or in all we do--may Jesus be lifted up! God bless you all who are a part of this beautiful "remnant" family online!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2022, 07:06:09 AM »
As we approach the end of this world's history, as a fallen world, time is moving by very quickly. Some may not realize it, but you can review what has been taught through the Sabbath School lessons for the last 20 years here in this forum. When we began Remnant Online we recognized the blessings that can come to our church family by sharing the weekly lessons. The 20 years has gone by rapidly.

It is a blessing when others share what they are learning as they study the lessons. We encourage all to share their thoughts that others may  be  blessed. Some are perplexed as they study the lessons, and many are fighting a battle of life and death as we near the end. Let us encourage one another with how Jesus is blessing us with deeper understandings of His Word. As you see, the things that were shared 20 years ago remain online for the world to learn from! Here is the first post by our teacher, Brother Clive, from Australia.

Lesson 5, Wednesday, April 27

Christ confronted conflict and concquered

We will never have to suffer the way Christ suffered or experiance the same severe temptations that He went through.
He relied upon the Word "It is written"

What is the only way for us to confront the tempter "It is written" Heb.12:2 "Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God."  "To share eternity with the ransomed of all ages and the unfallen beings of the other worlds was a prospect that brought utter joy to our Lord as suffered in Gethsemane." (7SDA, BC, p.482   Christ, in the wilderness of temptation, stood in Adam's place to bear the test he failed to endure." (Present Truth, 1874)

"Shall we shun the self-denying part of religion? Shall we shun the self-sacrifice, and hesitate to give up the world with all its attractions? Shall we, for whom christ has done much, be hearers and not doers of his words? Shall we, by our listless, inactive lives, deny our faith, and make Jesus ashamed to call us brethren? The ten commandments came from the highest authority, and are we obeying them. (RH 1885)

Clive