Author Topic: Live, Fresh, Food  (Read 7866 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Live, Fresh, Food
« on: October 30, 2013, 07:46:29 AM »
Much of our food ought to be eaten fresh (raw). If you do not have a garden, that becomes very difficult. As the world waxes old, so do people. Fresh food is important to our health. The following video is very good. I do not agree with all that this Christian gardener presents all the time, but he is certainly correct about much of what he teaches. Eating fresh food is very important, but that does not mean that we ought not eat beans and potatoes cooked. And, we ought to can, freeze, or dry fruit for winter. There are Biblical lessons presented that you need to pay attention to as you watch this video.

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Live, Fresh, Food
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 09:55:27 AM »
That is a great video! Thank you for sharing it!
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 06:20:22 AM »
Families and institutions should learn to do more in the cultivation and improvement of land. If people only knew the value of the products of the ground, which the earth brings forth in their season, more diligent efforts would be made to cultivate the soil. All should be acquainted with the special value of fruits and vegetables fresh from the orchard and garden. CG 357.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2017, 10:38:12 AM »
I recently watched Paul's 2017 tour. It is 3 + hours long but worth it. Like you Richard I do not agree with everything he says but there is much to learn that is valuable. Did you know that he is now a Sabbath keeper? I don't know the story but he is not SDA.

He had his 16 year old Labrador there with not a grey hair. I had to smile because he said the dog was vegan but later said he eats a raw egg every day.  The dog at least is vegetarian.

He also said something interesting and I'd like to get more info on his statement. He said that his eggs have no cholesterol in them. He said they were tested. The reason he gave was because of the way they are fed. No grain, only what comes from the garden. Not that it affects me any but I'm curious about the truth of his statement. A person can not argue that he doesn't have a healthy abundance of food. His reasons for no pests in his garden is interesting also. I've learned a lot from him and the things I've been able to implement really do work.

But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Dorine

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2017, 01:12:27 PM »
It was actually the 2016 year tour.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2017, 09:43:11 PM »
We are discussing the video in the first post in this topic.

Paul also does not use just wood chips in his garden. He takes the manure from the chicken pen and puts that in the garden also.

But, I believe the wood chips make wonderful compost as you have been sharing, Dorine. We have a topic on this in the Gardening Forum.   

http://remnant-online.com/smf/index.php/topic,12785.0.html
http://remnant-online.com/smf/index.php/topic,12271.20.html

Dorine

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2017, 11:49:22 AM »
There's nothing like the flavour of home grown greens not to mention the nutritional benefits. One of my favorite ways to consume kale is in a wilted kale salad. Greens provide the following.
  • low in fat
  • high in dietary fiber
  • rich in folic acid, Vit. C, potassium, magnesium
  • host of phytochemicals
  • helps to protect against cardiovascular disease and diabetes
  • Vit. K for strong bones
  • beta-carotene that converts to Vit. A
  • iron and calcium
Swish Chard and Spinach are said to be low in calcium because of their high Oxalic acid content.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2017, 09:19:12 PM »
It is interesting how God changes us. I used to dislike spinach. I then ate greens lightly steamed with no salt as I realized I needed them. Then, when I was converted, I read about Ellen White boiling her greens in cream (before the milk was infected with cancer virus and other infectious agents).  I made some cashew cream and cooked my collards in it. Wow!! Are they good!!!  I love my kale and collard greens. I even like them raw in salads and in carrot juice! Our taste can and will change as we walk in the light of God's love and grace.

Thank you for sharing, Sister Dorine. Others will benefit from the truth we are sharing. Health is important. Too often this is realized when it is lost. But, God can restore the sick and heal our sinful propensities. Grace is powerful!!