Author Topic: Pine Pitch for Medicine  (Read 1362 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
Pine Pitch for Medicine
« on: October 05, 2013, 08:22:43 PM »
Speaking of the evergreen trees. Somewhere doesn't Mrs. White tell us that there are healing properties in the scent of those trees? It seems that I've read that but I'm not sure. Maybe in Ministry of Healing.

Yes and no. She says there is healing in the balsam of the pine. That is not the scent, although the scent is usually associated with balsam. I think she said there is healing in the smell of other trees. I will see if I can find it. We used to collect the balsam, the pitch, and sell it.  It would be hard to capture the smell of the pine. But, we surely can live where there are these beautiful health giving trees, like Mimi!  :) And, she has an opportunity if she has pine trees to produce something valuable than food, a natural medicine.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Pine Pitch for Medicine
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 08:38:50 PM »
We are a little off topic, but it is an important subject. I will move the posts to another topic.

Jim, here is the use of the word basalm.   "God has an intense desire to relieve the woes of mankind and apply his balsam to their wounds."  It is an ointment. And here is a statement where the balsam and the smell are both said to be healing. "How grateful to weary invalids accustomed to city life, the glare of many lights, and the noise of the streets are the quiet and freedom of the country! How eagerly do they turn to the scenes of nature! How glad would they be for the advantages of a sanitarium in the country, where they could sit in the open air, rejoice in the sunshine, and breathe the fragrance of tree and flower! There are life-giving properties in the balsam of the pine, in the fragrance of the cedar and the fir. And there are other trees that are health-promoting. Let no such trees be ruthlessly cut down. Cherish them where they are abundant, and plant more where there are but few."  7T 77.  We all know the wonderful scent of the fir and the cedar! What a fragrance! And to know that they have life giving properties in them!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.