Author Topic: Fourth Quarter--2013--SDA SS LESSON 2--“Heaven” on Earth  (Read 14780 times)

ejclark

Re: Fourth Quarter--2013--SDA SS LESSON 2--“Heaven” on Earth
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2013, 06:35:31 PM »
At our new church the pastor has a class specially geared for the new converts. He goes over again the things they learned at the evangelistic series that brought them in to strengthen their foundation. He is also very good at building relations with regular attending visitors whom he encourages to attend his class. My wife and I attend his class quite frequently and it is very good. What I'm finding from teaching the adult class for so many years is that many who should have a good solid foundation based upon what's covered in the evangelistic series don't have that solid knowledge. And because of this it's hard to take their thinking to a deeper level of understanding.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2013, 09:04:47 PM »
Give them the conflict series in paperback. That is what we do. It is a reading assignment that really helps.
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Wally

• Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2013, 03:08:42 AM »
What I'm finding from teaching the adult class for so many years is that many who should have a good solid foundation based upon what's covered in the evangelistic series don't have that solid knowledge. And because of this it's hard to take their thinking to a deeper level of understanding.

I've been leading out in an adult class for more than 20 years, and I've found the same thing to be the case with our members.  But when we clarified the problem with Monday's lesson, everyone seemed to grasp it quickly.  That was encouraging.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10