Author Topic: SECC Defies World Church, Nominates and Elects Roberts President  (Read 44993 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: SECC Defies World Church, Nominates and Elects Roberts President
« Reply #80 on: April 15, 2017, 02:15:51 PM »
The rebellion conference leader, Sandra Roberts, has a sad attitude towards unity in regards to theological (Bible) truth. She speaks of the conference who elected her president: "The conference has grown in depth and breadth of ministry as we have become this incredible and beautifully diverse community of people. We are diverse not just in language and culture but also in areas such as worship styles, and our conference contains the entire spectrum of theologies and ideologies under the umbrella of Adventism."

Yes, I am sure they do. It is a "big tent" they have created. That umbrella she speaks of includes probably as many false "gospels" as we could find in entire divisions. What does the Apostle Paul have to say about this? "But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any [man] preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed." Galatians 1:8,9.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

colporteur

« Reply #81 on: April 15, 2017, 04:45:05 PM »

The key word she used there was "Adventism." While she likely meant Seventh day Adventism ( their version) she did not use that title and she more aptly describes the Adventism of many of the Sunday churches.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #82 on: April 15, 2017, 07:31:41 PM »
Cp, Elder Wilson in his first sermon to the church after he was elected in 2010 spoke about the importance of calling God's church "Seventh-day Adventist".  The term "Adventism" is in direct opposition to the light we have. SDA was an abbreviation of our name, but "Adventism" is a misnomer being used more and more by those who in many cases are opposing God's will for His church. There is a culture of "Adventism" attempting to replace God's true church. It will not succeed any more than will removing the "Seventh-day" from the church name or business card.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #83 on: April 16, 2017, 09:22:21 AM »
The term "Adventism" is in direct opposition to the light we have.

I'll be honest I had never considered that some are using the shortened term "adventism" as some kind of resistance or attempt to oppose or replace our name and change things. I had always assumed in our day and age that it was simply a lazy way of saying things. However, I can see where who is using the shortened term might have an agenda. Especially in the light and counsel that we have been given concerning our name Seventh-day Adventist.

No name which we can take will be appropriate but that which accords with our profession, and expresses our faith, and marks us as a peculiar people. The name, Seventh-day Adventist, is a standing rebuke to the Protestant world. Here is the line of distinction between the worshipers of God, and those who worship the beast, and receive his mark. The great conflict is between the commandments of God and the requirements of the beast. It is because the saints are keeping all ten of the commandments that the dragon makes war upon them; and if they will lower the standard and yield the peculiarities of their faith, the dragon will be at peace. But God’s people excite the ire of the dragon because they have dared to raise the standard, and unfurl their banner in opposition to the Protestant world, who are worshiping the institution of Papacy. {4bSG 54.4}
The name, Seventh-day Adventist, carries the true features of our faith in front, and will convict the inquiring mind. Like an arrow from the Lord’s quiver, it will wound the transgressors of God’s law, and will lead to repentance toward God, and faith in our Lord Jesus Christ. {4bSG 55.1}
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #84 on: April 17, 2017, 02:10:00 AM »
I'm afraid "Adventism" is often used in a cultural sense, rather than in a theological or spiritual sense.  It is used a lot by "progressives."  Others may not realize what the implications are when they use the term.  I've never liked it, and I don't use it.  Terms like "the truth," "the Advent message," and "present truth," are not heard much anymore, and many professed Adventists disparage the term "present truth."
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

colporteur

« Reply #85 on: April 17, 2017, 04:50:36 AM »
I'm afraid "Adventism" is often used in a cultural sense, rather than in a theological or spiritual sense.  It is used a lot by "progressives."  Others may not realize what the implications are when they use the term.  I've never liked it, and I don't use it.  Terms like "the truth," "the Advent message," and "present truth," are not heard much anymore, and many professed Adventists disparage the term "present truth."

"Adventism" Does not really mean a whole lot. It is ecumenical in nature. One could see how a people that wish to be like others and shun being peculiar would adopt the term as preferable. I am noticing too that the title "Christian Seventh day Adventist" is used more often. When I joined the church you never heard that. People that say that take a mildly defensive posture as though trying to prove SDAs do not have two heads.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #86 on: November 01, 2018, 08:08:21 AM »
Listen to the thoughts of the South Eastern California Conference leaders discuss their concerns about the General Conference Annual Council approval of compliance document.

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #87 on: November 02, 2018, 03:00:13 AM »
These fake leaders need a wake up call.  We teach our children that they cannot always have their way, and part of growing up is learning to accept that fact, and adapt to it.  But here we have church leaders behaving like spoiled children who haven't gotten their way, but refuse to accept it.  What kind of example is this setting for our young people?  These "leaders" have disqualified themselves from being in these positions, and if the constituents had any understanding of the implications of this defiance, they would immediately demand a special constituency session to remove the defiant leaders.

What's the point of having a GC session or an Annual Council, if the results are ignored by those who don't like them?
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #88 on: November 02, 2018, 12:03:56 PM »
It is amazing, Wally, that so many can't see what you are saying. It appears many are suffering from blindness.

At 47:40 in the video you may listen to William G. Johnsson, the past editor of the Review speak about ordination of women in support of the rebellion.

We remember 13 years ago warning about him when he was editor of the Review. Many did not see the evil in the man back then. But, it was there for all to see.

What a wonderful asset for sharing with our church world-wide! But, when the editor of the Review is in charge then we can't say it is a blessing. Instead of spreading truth that will build unity amongst God's people we will have another influence to contaminate those far away. May God intervene in some manner. I guess He wants us to weep between the porch and the altar. He will allow us to see our plague spots and sorrow over what they do to our Lord.

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #89 on: November 02, 2018, 07:37:21 PM »
God graciously told us that we would be following in the track of ancient Israel. Mercifully, He withheld the details from us or we would have been in such despair there would be no work done. These are truly blind leaders of the blind. They are wallowing down in the muddy ditch but have deceived themselves into believing they are on the high road.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #90 on: November 03, 2018, 07:50:21 AM »
You are so right, Sister Linda.  Not only were we told of the rebellion in the church, we were also told the Laodicean church would see revival and reformation. The message of the True Witness will do its work.

Ministers who are preaching present truth should not neglect the solemn message to the Laodiceans. The testimony of the True Witness is not a smooth message. The Lord does not say to them, “You are about right; you have borne chastisement and reproof that you never deserved; you have been unnecessarily discouraged by severity; you are not guilty of the wrongs and sins for which you have been reproved.” { GW92 87.3 }
The True Witness declares that when you suppose you are really in a good condition of prosperity, you are in need of everything.... Because Christ
bears this rebuking testimony, shall we suppose that he is destitute of tender love to his people?—O, no! He who died to redeem man from death, loves with a divine love, and those whom he loves he rebukes. “As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten.” [Revelation 3:19.]—Testimonies for the Church 3:257.  GW92 87.

You profess to be a watchman on the walls of Zion, [From a Personal Testimony] a shepherd to the flock, yet you saw the poor sheep torn and scattered, and gave no warning. “Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel; therefore hear the word at my mouth, and give them warning from me. When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand. Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.” “Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned; also thou hast delivered thy soul.” [Ezekiel 3:17-19, 21.] .... What is a watchman for, unless it be to watch for evil and give the warning? What is a shepherd for, unless it be to watch for every danger lest the sheep be harmed and destroyed by wolves? What excuse could a shepherd plead for suffering the flock to stray from the true pasture, and be torn and scattered and devoured by wolves? How would an excuse stand made by the shepherd that the sheep led him astray? that they left the true pasture, and led him out of the way? Such a plea would tell with force against that shepherd’s ability to watch over the sheep. No more confidence could be placed in him as a faithful shepherd to care for the sheep, and bring them back as they might stray from the right path.—Testimonies for the Church 1:313.  GW92 88.