Author Topic: Can someone confirm.....  (Read 3151 times)

Won Bae

Can someone confirm.....
« on: June 29, 2013, 01:25:27 PM »
I heard that Bill Knot was removed from his post because what he wrote in the Review back in March, and he was to take the president of So. New England Conference position, but I learned that this position was taken by someone else.  I also noticed that in every issue of Review the chief editor, Bill Knot's article was published, but the latest issue did not have his article, and had someone else's, Klingbeil.

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
Re: Can someone confirm.....
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 01:39:20 PM »
I haven't heard any rumors, but I'm not in a place where I would hear them. Klingbeil  is an associate (or maybe it's assistant) editor at AR, and as such, has written other editorials.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

ltvvaughn

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 03:32:16 PM »
I don't know if he has been removed or not, but I agree that a small minority has been influencing the Adventist Church.  I just don't agree that it is the group he was talking about.  I tend to think that the real minority is the group he is allied himself with.

LtV
LtV
If we can't be united in Truth . . . we dare not unite at all!

Ulicia

• http://dedication.www3.50megs.com/Home.html
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 04:30:33 PM »
June 29, 2013 issue still lists him as chief editor.

http://www.adventistreview.org/article/23/about-the-review/staff

The only rumors I heard was
1) a blogger on A-Today who was very offended by an article in the June 9 issue of the Review where Bill Knot voiced his wish that everyone pronounce the word --  Adventist as AD' vent ist, not Ad VENT' ist.
The A-Today writer remarked: " I would suggest that Dr. Knott be asked to resign since having the editor of the Adventist Review in the 21st Century espousing what is, at best, linguistic imperialism, and at worse, linguistic racism, is simply inexcusable.

But what posters on A-Today recommend, isn't official, it's merely opinions.

2) In the March 14, 2013 editorial, Knott lashed out against those who are protesting the use of non-Adventist authors on religious matters.  Pointing to the libraries of the pioneers to bolster his position, he declared "Their position is clearly wrong, for by their test none of the church’s founders, including Ellen White herself, should have any credibility."
So called "progressive" Spectrum posters made comments praising Knott's "courage", especially since President Wilson had made a similar suggestion to "look within Adventist" for answers instead of other writings.  One spectrum poster predicting that Knott would be removed because of that article.

But as to anything other than these opinions expressed, I have not heard anything.  So can't really answer the question.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 04:52:04 PM »

2) In the March 14, 2013 editorial, Knott lashed out against those who are protesting the use of non-Adventist authors on religious matters.  Pointing to the libraries of the pioneers to bolster his position, he declared "Their position is clearly wrong, for by their test none of the church’s founders, including Ellen White herself, should have any credibility."
So called "progressive" Spectrum posters made comments praising Knott's "courage", especially since President Wilson had made a similar suggestion to "look within Adventist" for answers instead of other writings.  One spectrum poster predicting that Knott would be removed because of that article.

Yes - we responded.

Either/Or

For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Won Bae

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2013, 06:25:23 PM »
The rumor I heard was the article written March 14 issue and Ted Wilson removed Bill Knott from his position.
I guess time will tell if this is true or not.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2013, 06:58:50 PM »
He is still editor. What you heard is probably wishful thinking.

http://www.adventistreview.org/article/23/about-the-review/staff
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

ltvvaughn

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2013, 05:22:29 PM »
I would agree with Bill Knott on one point.  There is, indeed, a minority that is seeking to influence the church, but it is not the minority he speaks of.  It is more likely the minority with which he has allied himself.  To say that the pioneers of this movement had non Adventist authors in their libraries does not consider the fact that, at the time, there were only a handful of Adventists, let alone many such authors.  The Adventist authors then were ones that you could generally count on.  But even then there were some who apostatized.  Even then, during those times of pure doctrinal faith, you had to be careful about who you read and believed (i.e. J. H. Kellog).  The times we are living in now are much different.  It used to be that you could go into the Adventist book center, pick up a book and know with a reasonable degree of certainty, that the book would be doctrinally sound.  Those times are behind us.  Not only is it not safe to read spiritual material outside of the Adventist faith, it has become dangerous even to read Adventist authors without knowing something about them and their theology first.  The only time we are safe reading materials by those who we know are not teaching the truth is when we are compelled to do so by God.

God is displeased with us when we go to listen to error, without being obliged to go; for unless He sends us to those meetings where error is forced home to the people by the power of the will, He will not keep us. The angels cease their watchful care over us, and we are left to the buffetings of the enemy, to be darkened and weakened by him and the power of his evil angels; and the light around us becomes contaminated with the darkness.  {EW 124.3} 

Mr. Knott, do you believe His prophet or don't you?

LtV
LtV
If we can't be united in Truth . . . we dare not unite at all!