Author Topic: Global Warming Misses the Mark  (Read 7244 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Global Warming Misses the Mark
« on: May 02, 2013, 10:31:16 PM »
Europe, a great proponent of man made global warming is praying for warmer weather.  March was the UK’s coldest since 1962, with an average temperature 5.4 ºF below normal. Through March 26, the mean national temperature was 2.5ºC, making it the 4th coldest March since records began in 1910. source

The cold weather has caused a shortage of Scottish lobsters. "Lobster is as rare as hens' teeth at the moment." source

In Ireland, at least 43,000 sheep and goats died, after the animals were stranded by snowdrifts. source

Like with evolution, the "great ones" will be revising their wisdom to explain the record cold temps being experienced in many countries around the world. 
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Global Warming Misses the Mark
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 04:42:27 AM »
Amen. The last two nights brought record lows for this date in the southwest. The wise of the world are confounded.
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 03:03:42 PM »
The folks in Iowa (and a few other places which got snow today) are probably wondering what happened to "global warming," as well.  As for us, we haven't had rain in over a week, and it's been in the 60's and 70's, with one 80° day.  Got my garden tilled and hope to start planting on Sunday.  After having a late spring, we've caught up nicely and I'm ahead now, since I usually can't even touch the garden until the first week of May.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 04:21:47 PM »
CBS Evening News: No global warming as scientists thought. Temperatures are not rising to keep pace with greenhouse gases.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-205_162-57604784/u.n-panel-95-percent-certain-climate-change-is-man-made/

CNN on the UN Panel's report to be released Friday: http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/26/world/climate-change-report/?hpt=po_c2

The summary for policymakers will be available Friday at www.climatechange2013.org.

Wally

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 04:45:59 PM »
Do you really think it will stop the global warming alarmists from continuing their propaganda? 
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 05:56:38 PM »
Nope. They are too well entrenched in their beliefs. 

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2013, 06:13:08 PM »
Al Gore got a Nobel Prize for making up the story. And, now he is making million off of carbon dioxide schemes.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Wally

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2013, 03:44:18 PM »
I think the Nobel Committee lost its credibility (at least as far as the Peace Prize is concerned) when it awarded the Peace Prize to Gore, and then compound the embarrassment by awarding it to Obama.  It's a joke, but unfortunately it is accorded legitimacy by most of the world.

Several news reports I heard the past couple of days were ignoring, or downplaying the part about the lack of global warming over the past 15 years.  But there's no media bias, of course.

colporteur

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2014, 07:10:26 AM »
The Gorey details:  The US is hoping and praying for more rapid global warming ! Just think, were it not for global warming the equator would have been an iceberg this week. Long live global warming !
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2014, 08:42:43 AM »
 ;D
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2014, 09:02:09 AM »
Ditto!

The northeast USA had windchill stats @ -50 over the weekend. We are not going to reach 32o today. And next week our community is holding a little meeting on global warming and how it affects our local forest.

Am considering moving to Brazil if this keeps up and, if the Lord paves the way!  ;D

Wally

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2014, 11:28:13 AM »
We've been in a deep freeze for nearly a week.  The high temperature Thursday was -2°--Fahrenheit!  And that was the day when the furnace at my store broke, of course.  ::)  Yesterday it was -13° here and 20 below and worse in the lowlands.  Finally today we're having a major heat wave.  It hit 31°.  Almost felt like spring.  Freezing rain tomorrow.  Florida sounds better all the time--or Brazil.  ;D

How's your Portuguese, Mimi?

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2014, 11:34:40 AM »
It may be time to purchase Rosetta Stone and perfect the language ahead of time! LOL!

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2014, 05:50:00 PM »
I'm just thankful I'm somewhere in the south and not in one of those really frigid places like Maine. It's going down to the low teens here tonight as it is.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

Ed Sutton

• Ed Sutton Blogger Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2014, 05:07:13 AM »
+13 degrees her this AM. For Little Rock Arkansas that is frigid.
Grateful for Psalms 32 and Titus 2:10 - The divinity of Christ is acknowledged in the unity of the children of God.  {11MR 266.2}