Author Topic: Prayers for the family  (Read 2400 times)

wigina

Prayers for the family
« on: April 30, 2013, 10:45:20 PM »
The family is a great institution of God. My wife and I are going through a rough patch right now. We have some differences that are threattening to tea r us apart . On top off this our financial  status is so poor I am to begin a masters program at a local university yet no funds are forthcoming. Kindly pray for my family that we may overcome.

wigina

Re: Prayers for the family
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 11:13:31 PM »
Dear God, You who knows from  whenceI have come and to where I go. Please help me to know your word that I may discern your ways. That Your paths may be lighted before me. That my feet may tread on sure ground. That in all i do You may be glorified. I have not been faithfully to you in the past, but Lord God I commit to you now and pray for your providence and your forgiveness of my transgressions. That L may be one of those lowly servants who will inherit your kingdom. In Jesus name. Amen. Thank you LORD!

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 08:57:27 AM »
Amen, wigina.  As we get closer to the soon coming of Jesus, many are facing great trials. We will be praying for you. As we hold on to Jesus, He will not let us be tempted beyond what we can bear. As we abide in Him, He will provide for all of our needs, both spiritual and physical. Jesus is coming soon!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of His Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Mimi

• Assistant Administrator
  • www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 09:16:00 AM »
Amen! Wigina, we are praying for you and your family. It is our privilege to do so. Bless you, dear man!
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

wigina

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 08:11:16 PM »
Thank you Richard and Mimi I am greatly encouraged. This journey is tough! So tough that without encouragement it is truly had to overcome may you all be blessed. And may it be that you inherit the kingdom of God. I pray that as He is making ready His barn let Him consider you for the good wheat worthy of His barn! Be blessed as you pray for others too. Together we wil overcome the wiles  of the devil. No matter who bizarre or how subtle.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 09:10:02 PM »
Amen! Many are going through great trials. But, we know that ALL things work together for good for us who love the Lord!!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of His Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2013, 03:49:07 AM »
The family is a great institution of God. 

I read this statement afresh this morning with an elevated sense of its purpose. The little book Adventist Home helps us along as we realize the importance each member of the family plays in its organization as instituted by God. As never before, the family unit is under attack with evil so vile, it is difficult to comprehend, much less maneuver without direct guidance from God. Our prayers are with you, dear friend, prayed as fervently as they are for ourselves. 

wigina

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2013, 10:34:36 PM »
Reading through christian temperance am amazed by the word of the servant of God. To many it would be a great contrast that men must learn to cook.where will they lewrn to cook if not by their wives side? Or their mothers side? Let us put all things in perspective and strengthen our families. Let us pray fervently for the family that the values and virtues as expressed by the men of God of all ages are preserved till the end. The Lord be without always

wigina

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2013, 07:24:54 PM »
My whole countenance feels that the Holy Spirit is soon to be poured! The devil knows it and is working extremely hard to counter the effect! Let us all pray, let us all go to the upper chamber for the hour is at hand.
Two days ago my uncle (maternal) went to a village to buy some Quails. He got the birds alright. However the locals accused him of being a cattle rustler. Despite showing his ID, pleading with them to even call the employer pleading with them to take his car plus the money He had (about $7000) finally pleading to spare the life of his driver, a young man recently married (one month) they refused to listen to reason. They cut them up and burnt them in the car. All the of them. It made me think of the Jews on the day of crucifixion. And I've told the family so! Times are at the extreme end. When the mobs will refuse to reason and tell us to either surrender faith or be burnt! Those times are not afar off!
Please pray for my extended family as we come to terms with the grisly murder of  our Most beloved uncle. Who was so humble meek and never failed to listen to anybody.
Happy Sabbath to you all!

JimB

• Servant
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2013, 07:50:32 PM »
Wigina, I can not imagine. I'm more or less at a loss of words. Only to say that Jesus knows and sees all. I will be praying.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2013, 09:05:32 PM »
Oh God in heaven, Father of us all, heal our hearts and rescue Your people from this heinous evil, else we cry all the day long. You and Your Son know of this vile all too well. We are stunned with our brother Wigina and his family. What grace we need to even begin to comprehend what has happened. You have seen it time and again through the ages, Lord. How does Your heart endure it? What agony this must cause You. Draw us close, Father, do not let us go. Keep us and heal us through the unspeakable atrocities occurring on the right and on the left. Comfort our beloved brother and his family in a way only You can. Help us to help him to stand for the right, as a witness, though the heavens fall. In the name of Your only Son who suffered this and much more, Amen.

Wigina, we love you and pray for you, our brother.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2013, 09:43:47 PM »
Amen! Man's inhumanity to man! There is a Judge who will one day soon, judge the wicked who do not repent. We do pray for your family, dear brother. And  we pray for the guilty ones, that they may come to know the grace of Christ.

Vicki

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2013, 06:46:05 AM »
Amen. Draw even closer to Christ in times of tragedy and sorrow.

wigina

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2013, 08:55:27 AM »
Amen and thank you all. Please pray also that some of us who are level headed are able to prevail upon the young men in our family from carrying out any revenge attack in that village. My grand father had twenty children and about 8 brothers so I have about 100 cousins and very many nephews and what they are saying on FB is not very encouraging. Please pray.thank you for the support.
God bless you all

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2014, 06:06:22 AM »
I solicit your prayers. The Lord has placed in my path a family in great immediate need. We have known them for many years and have appreciated their friendship. They require the healing balm that can only come from heaven. They are weary and in need of rest and we know His rest is the cure for the soul.

The Lord equips us to help others, so I ask you to please pray for me individually that I will rely upon Him more than ever, for without Him, I can do nothing good.

Thank you in advance.