Author Topic: Playing with new Dell  (Read 2082 times)

carls365

Playing with new Dell
« on: April 09, 2013, 04:08:14 PM »
The new Dell came last Friday, thankfully it came in the morning so I was able to get it going before sundown. Amazingly simple, just plug in the Ethernet cable, plug in the monitor, push the start button.

The only thing that was kind of a bummer was the factory installed McAfee Suite which I heard nightmares about and being the target for hackers, and they want $25 for a yearly subscription just for the antivirus, the whole suite is more. But I was running AVG free so no deal, not going to pay for McAfee. So loaded my trusty Revo uninstaller and it made the McAfee disappear. Now running the Windows security programs only and it seems to work good. Another thing about the McAfee, it took over and made the Windows firewall non-operable.

The Windows 8 is totally different than XP but once you learn to navigate it, it's not too bad. As expected, everything blazes on the new machine, even rebooting is but a few seconds. Right now running everything as it came on the machine with Internet Explorer which runs good, so will keep it like that for now.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Playing with new Dell
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 04:20:45 PM »
YAY! Congratulations!
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 09:28:27 PM »
We rejoice with you, Carl!!  Waiting for page loads can be stressful! No more stress!!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

carls365

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 07:36:58 AM »
Thanks Richard, it's nice to have everything working again like the mouse third wheel etc. I'm adding bookmarks as I need them, one at a time because I don't want another list of 10,000 bookmarks I never visit again..haha!