Author Topic: La Sierra University, Leader in Rebellion  (Read 29959 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
La Sierra University, Leader in Rebellion
« on: April 02, 2013, 01:00:50 PM »
The following video was removed from public viewing, Contact La Sierra to watch it, but I don't think anyone will be allowed to watch it. If the speaker is still working at the school, it condemns the whole school and the Pacific Union Conference leadership.

The following video is now back online.   Imagine the boldness to put this back in public!

What I am going to post now, I do with great sorrow. We have not published much regarding the Seventh-day Adventist University at La Sierra, in Southern California. We have not done so because we did not want to associate the church with the school. We did not want to give influence to what is happening there, even though most of it is very public. It brings reproach upon our church, upon the Bible, and upon Jesus. I am not going to post any of those things, but only what pertains to our topic here. The leadership at La Sierra University are leaders in the rebellion against the World Church. The following video is of a sermon preached a few weeks ago by Trisha Famisaran. She is an Adjunct Professor of Religion and Philosophy and the Director of the Women's Resource Center at La Sierra University. She is also the director of their honors program. Judge for yourself how far removed is the leadership at La Sierra University from the truth.

In her sermon she extols the virtues of Lady Gaga and disregards Scripture in regards to the relationship between men and women. She apparently believes God to be part woman for she closed her sermon with this: "It is God who creates the diverse parts, just as she thinks they should be."  Miss Famisaran also spoke against "heterosexism" saying that it and "patriarchy" are not of God's creation. She brought Ellen White into her sermon by saying that "rule of the father" or patriarchy was referred to in the title of one her books, Patriarchs and Prophets. She then says "Now, without directly criticizing Sister White, but to point out a common mistake of historians, its not accurate to depict human history as an account of the lives and decisions of men." Miss Famisaran here reveals her disbelief in both the inspiration of Scripture and the Spirit of Prophecy. She thinks she understands better than God as to how to present Bible history. We may conclude that she and those like her are responsible for the new publications we have of Spirit of Prophecy books that are "gender neutral".

The boldness is revealing. If the video is taken down, it will because they fear a reaction. If they leave the video on youtube, it is because they believe they have nothing to fear.  What do you think will happen to the video?
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Larry Lyons

Re: La Sierra University, Leader in Rebellion
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 08:52:57 PM »
Richard, was this sermon preached at Ryan Bell's Hollywood church before he was fired?

I can't stand to watch her. It was bad enough to read some of her statements.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 10:17:33 PM »
Yes, Larry, the sermon was preached at the Hollywood Seventh-day Adventist Church.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 06:08:02 AM »
And it was Ryan Bell who introduced her.
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Larry Lyons

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 07:09:58 PM »
Was Bell fired after that or before? The conference leaders at least seemed to show that they have certain limits. I was wondering if they fired him because of his social gospel and revolution theology, and other areas of "innovative" pastoral activities, or if professor Farmisaran's sermon was the last straw for them. Praise God that they are willing to take action, even if it is too late and too little.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 05:53:11 AM »
Larry, I found this on your question.

Quoting Ryan Bell:

“the Southern California Conference administration [has come] to the conclusion that they cannot trust me to lead this church as a Seventh-day Adventist Church. . . . they feel that my leadership has led our church outside the accepted framework of Seventh-day Adventism. We have not been able come to an understanding about these things and so my denominational employment will end on or about April 1, 2013”

From Hollywoodsda.org is this announcement on Famisaran's sermon:

Lent 2C: The Five Deadly Sins of the Church: Repenting our Patriarchy

February 26, 2013

Trisha Famisaran speaks on patriarchy, one of the Five Deadly Sins of the Church in this sermon titled, “Repenting our Patriarchy.”  The scripture passage is Job 42:4–6. This is the second sermon in our Lenten series on repentence and corporate church sin.

Whether one had to do with the other, we do not know. The conference could answer that.

Litia

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 11:39:14 AM »
My heart bleeds at the enemy's infiltration in the church. Remnant online continue exposing these wolves in sheeps' skins. I am not surprised because i know what time of the world we are living in and these are just some of the many pre-ludes to the new world order all in the name of 'love'. Why make their own doctrines when the bible and spirit of prophecy should be our only reference? I implore readers to google the "Jesuit's oath" and read for yourselves what is casing some of these issues. God have mercy.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 01:17:08 PM »
Welcome, Litia, and thank you for your comments. Indeed, it is a sad day when these practices are discovered, and worse yet, one does not have to go looking for them for they quite literally fall into our laps. Soon, God will have a purified church and by extension, its institutions. All the while this is going on about us, the love of God and Jesus crucified for the sins of the world is our sermon, our focus, our only hope.

God bless you, Litia!

Larry Lyons

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2013, 03:20:25 PM »
Thank you Mimi. It is scary to behold the level of deception that can lead people who presumably know the Bible and have some familiarity with the Spirit of Prophecy, so far beyond the beliefs of the church.

Isn't the firing of Bell for his well publicized "progressive" leadership of a local congregation a first for our denomination? I don't recall hearing of anything like this before. Perhaps it will encourage other conferences to actually draw a line and say a loud and clear no to those who want to change our denomination into an ungodly, worldly model which has nothing to do with the Bible or the Spirit of Prophecy.   It might be a good idea to send Caviness some messages of approval for this. I am sure he is getting a lot of negative reaction from the liberal, progressive Adventists in the church.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2013, 03:26:05 PM »
Good idea! Caviness cannot be having a pleasant time of it right now. Support for his decision is very important. Thanks for bringing that up.

I hope you are doing well. I've missed you.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2013, 06:24:05 PM »
I need to rethink this, Larry. How could I forget his connection with La Sierra? I'll wait on the encouragement, except to say, "Why didn't you do this sooner? It's a good first step, go further."

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2013, 09:48:14 PM »
As  a president of the Southern California Conference, he sits on the board of trustees for La Sierra College. What has he said about the actions of La Sierra for the last 10 years?

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2013, 08:32:34 AM »
And what does he do about the teachers who teach as does Mrs. Famisaran?

Bernard 3

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2013, 12:30:27 PM »
  such events are the reason for me  that the sifting in God's church is now in full swing.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2013, 03:28:26 PM »
Yes, Brother Bernard, "the shaking" has begun. It will be a painful ordeal, but it must be. The world must see a people who love God and keep His commandments. This is not what we see at La Sierra University and are witnessing in the Pacific Union today. But, the call for revival and reformation is sounding throughout the church. We have the assurance in God's Word that there will be a revival, that God's Spirit will be poured out upon His church.

Won Bae

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2013, 07:37:43 PM »
ADvindicate <shilde@ADvindicate.com>

Go to this website and check out "my struggles as a creationist at LSU.   

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2013, 08:22:13 PM »
http://advindicate.com/?p=3050&cpage=1  Here's the link. Yours is his e-mail address.  ;)

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2013, 12:33:31 AM »
It is a little off topic. Do we want to bring out all of the failures of this university that represents itself to be Seventh-day Adventist and is not? It can't get much worse than what we have already seen. But, the injury to students and at least one teacher has been great. It has not been our intention to bring reproach upon the church and Christ by extending the influence of such matters. Yet, La Sierra seems to have done a pretty good job of doing it ahead of us.

We will pray about the situation.

colporteur

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2013, 09:22:12 AM »
Recently while speaking with a conference president he claimed we do not have enough light on the WO issue and therefore the conference has no position on it. However he was quick to compare Mrs. White's credentials as being the same as ordination. Therefore the conference indeed has an unofficial position. I stated that we have enough light but let's look at the fruit of WO. Churches that now ordain homosexuals first ordained women. The president replied, " now you are equating women with homosexuals and that will make them mad." I answered, " I am not equating women with homosexuals. What I am saying is that when we step off the Bible platform the natural thing to do is take another step away."

The president stated incorrectly twice. First he, did away with the ordination issue and said I/we equate women with homosexuals and then he claimed that I/we equate ordaining women with ordaining homosexuals. Neither is true but the first error is the more grievous because the first accusation is claiming that one equates what God has created (women) with a lifestyle that Satan has created.

It is interesting that "pastor Famarisaran", in her sermon at La Sierra, recently linked very closely WO, homosexuality, and God being a women. WE do not need to link such deviations together. All one needs to do is listen to what comes out of the horse's mouth.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2013, 11:30:24 AM »
When we do not hold the Bible to be our guide, but begin to explain that culture demands such and such, it opens the door to anything. Not all will go to the same place, but there is nothing to stop anyone from going anywhere once the Bible is set aside for any reason. Many who support the making of women, leaders over men, have no desire to ordain homosexuals. Others do.

In this topic we are pointing out that La Sierra University has been a leader in the move to make women leaders of men. And, we have pointed out that they do not hold the Bible in high esteem. To the contrary, they on many points of doctrine reject the Bible. What is called "higher education" is understood by many to be a leading cause of the moral fall in society. I am speaking of secular education. But, sadly, when we examine religious colleges and universities, we find that they sadly share much in common. It may come as a surprise to some, that many religious schools are accredited by the same body as the schools in the world. They share the same standard in many respects.