Author Topic: OrdinationTruth.com  (Read 19475 times)

Cop

• Senior Moderator
Re: OrdinationTruth.com
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2014, 01:54:11 AM »

Amos 5:10
They hate him that rebuketh in the gate, and they abhor him that speaketh uprightly.

Luke 12:49-53
I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled? But I have a baptism to be baptized with; and how am I straitened till it be accomplished! Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me....That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave."
— Stonewall Jackson

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2014, 07:22:09 PM »
Elder Stephen Bohr has an excellent sermon regarding the "third option" on You Tube.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2014, 09:21:34 AM »
Thank you, Linda. I am listening to it the 2nd time to take notes. It is an excellent study on how horribly wrong the third option truly is.
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

colporteur

« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2014, 09:55:13 AM »
   Let' not forget who the church is and that the laity will largely finish the work. God is not dependent on a conference president, people with alot of letters behind their names or an ABC store. The church will go through but not  with a lot of pork that now exists even around and near the top. The church will be lean and there will be alot of new blood in the body of people that carry the message. The 11th hour workers will be some relatively new workers and some old ones that return to the flock. It will be some within that wake up and take serious the message to the Laodiceans.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2014, 04:21:03 PM »
TOSC committee member Pr. Daniel Scarone discusses hermeneutics, argument from silence, women's ordination, and the role of culture.

The Bible provides our directives, not culture from CAP on Vimeo.

colporteur

« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2014, 06:05:50 PM »
Today  Professor Phillip Saamon spoke at the church we were visiting. I have always really liked his preaching even though he does not directly hit the hot button topics. I still had confidence in his messages because when he tickled these topics a few  times it was clear to me that he was straight on them. He is very humble and it is clear that he cares very much for people. He considers everyone his students. At the end of his day long seminar on Sabbath he had a question and answer session. I knew that he would not be entirely comfortable with my question but I asked it anyway because I felt that since he had the respect of everyone in the congregation if he would declare that he is against WO it would have an impact for good. It was a little risky on my part as he could have promoted WO however, given my evaluation of him the times I have hard him I believed the chances that he was in favor of WO would be rather low and if he was indeed in favor he would lose credibility in my eyes. He began answering in a manner that did not clearly declare his position but hinted. He said things like, I believe our position on this needs to come from the Bible and anything less is not adequate.  He said he has an opinion on this but did not come right out with it. The more he talked the clearer his position became. He said that the idea that because God covered both Adam and Eve with animal skins representing the righteousness of Christ and therefore commissioned them both for ministry, as proof favoring WO, was unbiblical and that the SDA church does not have ecclesiastical authority to make calls like that. He kind of wished he had not gotten into that subject but this is what you get when you open yourself  up for questions. I believed his integrity would not allow him  to void the question and this was true. He ended by saying to myself " you go from getting an A to an A- for asking that question. It was  a hint of humor and an expression that he did not wish to be placed in a position that would label him. I believe our spiritual leaders should come clean on where they stand regarding this subject. It involves their integrity as to the authority of the Bible as opposed to ecclesiastical authority. To raise the latter above the first is to follow Rome. That is not a small matter.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2014, 05:44:15 AM »
GC TOSC member Don McIntosh video on OrdinationTruth:

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2014, 03:06:02 PM »
Won, your questions has been split from this topic and can now be found here. Lets continue the discussion about voting there. Thank you.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24