Author Topic: Firefox search engine  (Read 6111 times)

Won Bae

Firefox search engine
« on: January 16, 2013, 05:12:40 PM »
Does anyone know what happened to Firefox search engine, or is it only my computer?
I open Firefox and enter an item to search.  Then a new page opens which I have never seen. "cc" search! It won't do any more than this.  I used to have Yahoo search page when I opened the Firefox.  This is  gone now.  Any help?

Won

JimB

• Servant
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
Re: Firefox search engine
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 07:01:02 PM »
Sounds like your homepage settings have been changed. You might try this link...

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/How%20to%20set%20the%20home%20page
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 08:06:58 PM »
Have you installed any new software lately? I've downloaded software in the past that installs an unwanted browser.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 05:53:29 PM »
For several days my computer has randomly frozen solid while browsing in Firefox. I thought at first it was video related, but when it froze up when no video was playing, and I had updated everything I could update, turned of hardware acceleration, checked for malware, etc., I finally decided that the problem is with Firefox. It has only frozen when in Firefox. It freezes so badly that I have to force a shutdown because even ctrl-alt-delete doesn't work. So, I opened IE long enough to search for information about browsers and opted for Opera. It's different, but so far I like it. Even my videos are playing better in Opera. So far it hasn't frozen. If it does, I will then have to assume that the problem in in my computer, not Firefox.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

JimB

• Servant
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 05:21:07 AM »
Firefox is not without it's own problems, that is for sure. But if you were having lock ups while playing videos, I would be more apt to blame adobe flash or whatever software is in charge of playing the videos. However, since Opera is working fine for it was probably the "working relationship" between video software plugin and Firefox.

I also switched over at one time to Opera. It is a great little fast browser. However, what has kept me with Firefox is all the extensions available for it. Yes, Opera has some extensions, some of the same exact ones but at the time I wasn't able to lock Opera down like I have Firefox.

Linda, I will be waiting your final report. A lot of people like Opera because of it's leaness and quickness.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}