Author Topic: Prayer for Ministers of the Gospel  (Read 19334 times)

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
Prayer for Ministers of the Gospel
« on: January 08, 2013, 07:06:40 PM »
Ministers of the gospel are a particular target of the fallen one. Please join me in regularly praying for our ministers, all 27+thousand of them around the world. We must pray as did Daniel, that they may be guarded by heavenly intelligences. They need your prayers. They are tempted and tried. As you plead with God to bless them, your own hearts will be subdued and softened by his grace.

I invite you to join me in regularly visiting this place, remembering those in the forefront of the battle, those upon which Christ has bestowed heavy responsibilities for souls making up their flock. They have been chosen to stand between the living and the dead, and are a mouth-piece for God. We do not pray as we might. Let us change that this new year.
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Immanuel

• Senior Moderator
  • Jesus is My Judge
    • Emmanuel Institute of Evangelism
Re: Prayer for Ministers of the Gospel
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 01:36:41 PM »
As a minister of the gospel I ask for your prayers. My wife and I are expecting our first child but have just found out that there are very serious complications.

colporteur

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 01:47:22 PM »
As a minister of the gospel I ask for your prayers. My wife and I are expecting our first child but have just found out that there are very serious complications.

Will do Immanuel. You have the Great Physician at hand.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 01:59:50 PM »
A joyous yet concerning situation, Elder Roth! It is a privilege to pray for you, your dear wife and unborn child. We are with you, very close to you in spirit.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 07:20:27 PM »
Heavenly Father, give to our dear brother an extra measure of grace as he and his wife are faced with concern for their unborn child. All things work together for this family because they love you and have committed their lives to ministry. Bless them and their baby, we pray in the precious name of Jesus, amen.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

ltvvaughn

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 02:38:24 PM »
I will definitely be praying!  My wife and I were told there could be some complications with the birth of one of our daughters. But when she was born, she was perfectly healthy.  God is able to do "exceedingly more" than we imagine.

LtV
LtV
If we can't be united in Truth . . . we dare not unite at all!

Vicki

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 05:50:01 PM »
Amen!

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 06:22:33 AM »
Brethren and sisters, have you forgotten that your prayers should go out, like sharp sickles, with the laborers in the great harvest field? As young men go forth to preach the truth, you should have seasons of prayer for them. Pray that God will connect them with Himself and give them wisdom, grace, and knowledge. Pray that they may be guarded from the snares of Satan and kept pure in thought and holy in heart. I entreat you who fear the Lord to waste no time in unprofitable talk or in needless labor to gratify pride or to indulge the appetite. Let the time thus gained be spent in wrestling with God for your ministers. Hold up their hands as did Aaron and Hur the hands of Moses.--5T 162.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2013, 05:19:26 AM »

Immanuel, you remain in our prayers.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2013, 05:21:45 AM »
Ministers of the gospel in the NPUC are standing up against rebellion. We solicit your prayers on their behalf.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2013, 01:18:44 PM »
Heavenly Father, we thank you for the faithful minister who is a reflection of your dear Son. We pray for those in the NPUC who are standing for truth. We thank you for moving upon the executive committee and having them rescind their move to call a constituency meeting to consider ordaining women pastors. We pray for your blessing on this conference and its ministers, that they will seek you and have power to walk in the light of Bible truth. We pray in the precious name of Jesus, amen.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2013, 08:37:22 AM »
Let us remember the ministers of the gospel this Preparation Day. Sermons are being readied and prayers are ascending for them as they ask the Holy Spirit for specific messages to reach the hearts of mankind.

Also, please remember Elder Immanuel Roth's prayer request shown above. Great trials are squarely in front of them, yet they know angels who excel in strength are at their right hand. Christ is their Rock. We especially remember them over this Sabbath day. 

Sister Dee

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2013, 09:06:32 AM »
Amen!

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2013, 04:51:58 AM »
The summer season is upon us. Many campmeetings are set to begin, and with them, constituency meetings and changes in ministerial positions. We are seeing our fair share in the great southwest. We pray for those we know while realizing there are 27+ thousand more of them around the world who work daily in the Lord's vineyard. As a church, what we have not done in time of ease must now be accomplished in more difficult circumstances. Satan hates the messages faithful pastors must give. Pray that God will connect them with Himself and give them wisdom, grace, and knowledge. Pray that they may be guarded from the snares of Satan and kept pure in thought and holy in heart. 5T 162. Let us repent of our backslidings and hold up their hands as did Aaron and Hur the hands of Moses.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2013, 06:45:37 AM »
Amen!  The life and responsibilities of those who accept the position of pastor is difficult. Satan makes them his special targets. If he can get them, he then leads the flock astray. A church seldom will rise above the teachings and example of their pastor. We pray that many who are not faithful will be as was Saul of Tarsus after he met Jesus.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2013, 01:53:55 PM »
This comes to us from Elder John Thurber:

A call to prayer for Pastor Mark Finley. This past week, the news spread about Pastor Mark Finley's cancer diagnosis. Pastor Mark, former speaker/director of It Is Written and a world-renowned evangelist and author, has only known of this diagnosis for a few weeks. A close friend shared with me that Pastor Mark is very much optimistic and full of courage, and he will soon start the treatment plan. As a conference family, let's lift up Pastor Mark in our prayers in the days to come!

wigina

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2013, 07:07:46 PM »
Dear Pastor Mark, be of good cheer for our Lord liveth and has known you since you were conceived in yoir mothers womb. He has lee you thus far and I believe you have done His work diligently. I pray that He shows you His plan for your life and His redemption. All that happens may not necessarily be from Him. But when it happens then we must give Him glory.     Job 42:2-10: 10 And the LORD turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the LORD gave Job twice as much as he had before. [...] 2 I know that thou canst do every [thing], and [that] no thought can be withholden from thee. 3 Who [is] he that hideth counsel without knowledge? therefore have I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not. 4 Hear, I beseech thee, and I will speak: I will demand of thee, and declare thou unto me. 5 I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee. 6 Wherefore I abhor [myself], and repent in dust and ashes. 7 And it was [so], that after the LORD had spoken these words unto Job, the LORD said to Eliphaz the Temanite, My wrath is kindled against thee, and against thy two friends: for ye have not spoken of me [the thing that is] right, as my servant Job [hath]. 8 Therefore take unto you now seven bullocks and seven rams, and go to my servant Job, and offer up for yourselves a burnt offering; and my servant Job shall pray for you: for him will I accept: lest I deal with you [after your] folly, in that ye have not spoken of me [the thing which is] right, like my servant Job. 9 So Eliphaz the Temanite and Bildad the Shuhite [and] Zophar the Naamathite went, and did according as the LORD commanded them: the LORD also accepted Job.
and if He does not turn it now then soon we all will be with him in paradise!

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2013, 06:36:12 AM »
From North American Division:

News Concerning Pastor Mark Finley

Earlier today, we received this information from Dr. Peter Landless, director of the General Conference’s Health Ministries Department, concerning the health status of Pastor Mark Finley. Please keep Pastor Finley and his family in your prayers. – Elder Dan Jackson, president, North American Division

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pastor Mark Finley has recently been facing a health challenge which necessitated extensive and intensive investigations. He has a condition which could be termed pre-myeloma. The small number of abnormal cells in the bone marrow produces a protein (immunoglobulin). We are thankful to report that the bone marrow, otherwise, is functioning well. This condition is known as MGUS (monoclonal gammopathy of uncertain significance), and often remains static with no further progression.

Elder Finley and his wife, Teenie, are of good courage, and their hearts’ desire is that God be glorified in and through every circumstance of their lives. They have been working with the NY13 initiative, although we have advised that Elder Finley cut down his activities, take appropriate time for rest, and limit his travel commitments.

We request that you lift Mark, Teenie and their family up in your prayers – not only on the issue of his health, but also as they mourn the passing of Elder Finley’s father. As a courtesy and consideration to their privacy, please direct emails of support and condolence to Elder Finley’s assistant, Joy Alexander. She can be reached at alexanderj@gc.adventist.org.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2013, 01:18:35 PM »
http://www.itiswritten.com/news_entries/281

Prayers are requested for the recovery of Elder John Bradshaw of It Is Written.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2013, 07:15:20 AM »
On this Preparation Day, let us be reminded ...

Let the members of the family forget not, as they gather round the family altar, to pray for the men in positions of responsibility in God's work. The physicians in our sanitariums, the ministers of the gospel, those in charge of our publishing houses and schools, need your prayers. They are tempted and tried. As you plead with God to bless them, your own hearts will be subdued and softened by his grace.  {RH, January 28, 1904 par. 15}

Every true minister feels a heavy responsibility for the spiritual advancement of the believers entrusted to his care, a longing desire that they shall be laborers together with God. He realizes that upon the faithful performance of his God-given work depends in a large degree the well-being of the church. Earnestly and untiringly he seeks to inspire the believers with a desire to win souls for Christ, remembering that every addition to the church should be one more agency for the carrying out of the plan of redemption.  {AA 207.1}