Author Topic: Angel's Among US  (Read 4109 times)

colporteur

Angel's Among US
« on: October 19, 2012, 03:52:09 PM »
Walter Veith tells of an experience where he was holding meetings. I do not recall where but it was not in the USA. There were some very unruly people in the crowd. At one point someone ran up front and grabbed his mic away from him. He was threatened and it looked ugly although he remained calm. Then a downs syndrome boy walked up the isle and to Walter Veith. He laid his head on his shoulder and with his tongue hanging out sang. It was not words but just tha tha tha tha tha. Of course, no one had the heart to approach him again with the boy there. Early on in the next meeting the downs boy again walked up the isle, put his head on Veith's shoulder and with tongue hanging out sang the most heart touching tha tha tha tha tha tha. Then he sat down in the front row. Interestingly the meeting had already begun and the house was packed accept for the one empty chair up front. The boy sat in the seat for the rest  of the meeting and no one messed  with Veith. Elder Veith wondered how the boy came as he was not able to take care of himself and apparently no one brought him to the meeting. Again after the meeting the boy walked up and put his head on Veith's shoulder and sang.

Later on and clear across town many miles away in the large city Veith was holding another set of meetings. To elder Veith's amazement in walked the downs boy and walked up the isle, laid his head on Veith's chest, sang a song, and then sat in the empty seat in the front row. This had Veith very interested as he was sure the boy was alone and not mentally able to travel alone. After the meeting was over elder Veith approached the young man and said, " I have but one question. Are you a person or are you an angel?" The downs boy pointed to the sky.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Angel's Among US
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 04:40:57 PM »
That is an amazing story!
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

colporteur

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 09:28:48 AM »
This story can be heard/watched as a prelude to the study "Baal - Peor" in the Total Transformation series. The meetings were held in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Won Bae

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 02:01:28 PM »
This is a story happened during the Korean war.  You decide yourself if this was an angel or not.

In order to understand the story let me give you a geography of Korea. She stands like a rabbit, and divided in half by 38 degree parallel.

My father was a first elder of a church. A first elder in Korea is like an pastor in the western countries, but   without salary having all the responsibility of running the church.  During the occupation of the South by the North Korean army, a church member came  to my father informing that the local communist government made an execution list of all SDAs in our town.  All our church members were in hiding during the war. My father went to see the chief who was a communist who was in charge of our town.  My father helped this man who was a dentist and was in and out of jail several times for being a communist before the war broke up, by providing him a rent free dental office space from a fellow church member property. So, my father thought it would a payback time by him.  My father went to this man's office to inquire about this "execution list".  The man denied existence of any kind of list.

During the height of war the entire South Korea was occupied by the North except a city located at the southmost part of the country called, Busan(Pusan).  Then, Gen. McCarther invaded Inchun, a port city located near the 38 parallel about 45 miles west of Seoul, capital city where we lived.

We could hear the sounds of big guns approaching near our house, nearer and nearer.

Then, all over sudden one day people in our section of town got very excited about a lone American tank appeared on the railroad track near our house.  I peaked out of a window and saw the tank.  A handsome looking very fair skinned American soldier  stood up on the tank and was looking through his binocular and went back inside the tank.  Then, he continued toward west.  Right after this instance the town was emptied by all the North Korean occupiers.  Some SDAs went to the town hall to discover the execution list. Our family was to be executed on Sept. 28. and this tank appeared on Sept. 25. Why the date of 28th? They calculated that the speed of American soldiers approaching our section of town would be the 28th of Sept, and they will execute the SDAs according this time table.

The most unusual thing about this tank is that where did this came from?  As I said entire country was occupied the enemy soldiers and the railroad track runs easts to west. For a tank to come to our house(east) from Inchun(west) is impossible without being hit by the enemy fire never mind being a lone tank.  How did this tank cross the river which was still occupied by the enemy.

After so many years gone by, my memory about this tank and the extremely fair skinned soldier is still fresh in my mind and wells my eyes. Not only that he face appeared so gentle and kind. If this tank did not show up on that day I would not be writing this story, today!

Won

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 02:18:17 PM »
Oh, Won! What a story of intervention! Shall we say this together? "I believe, I believe!"
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Vicki

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 07:32:33 PM »
Won, Thank you for sharing that story. What a testimony of God's love and watch care!