Author Topic: Southeastern California a Conference of Culture  (Read 2994 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Southeastern California a Conference of Culture
« on: August 15, 2012, 01:45:13 PM »
There are some who believe culture more important than Bible truth. We see such a group in the Southeastern California Conference of Seventh-day Adventists. Like other religious groups that value tradition and human reasoning above Inspiration, this conference headed by their president, Gerald Penick, has been in the forefront of the rebellion to place women in headship positions within the North American Division of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Penick states that "The issue of women’s ordination is not a theological issue, but rather one of culture and traditional practice."

The leader of this conference in rebellion is wrong. And because he is wrong, he is leading a lot of church members not only against the World Church, but against the Spirit of Christ and His Word. The Apostle Paul writing to Timothy said "I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety." 1 Timothy 2:12-15 

Brother Pinick does not appreciate this statement from Paul, nor does he value the truth upon which Paul based his words.  From Genesis chapter three verse sixteen we read "Unto the woman he (God) said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee." This truth is contrary to the feelings made prominent in the world. When the culture and traditions of the world succeed, my daughters and wife will be expected to be on the frontline in war. Sadly, the world has had  a great influence on the minds of many in the Southeastern California Conference.

The mantra heard in many of the meetings of those who are intent on making women leaders of men, is that the Spirit is leading them. President Penick believes this also. "I have seen clear evidence that the Spirit works through all our pastors."  There is a great danger to these who believe the Spirit is not working through the leaders of the World Church. That Spirit is the Spirit of God and is the only channel through which God can reach them. There is more than one spirit in the world. If it speaks not according to the law and the testimonies, it is not the Spirit of God. We pray that those voting at the meeting of the Pacific Union will not further divide the church, but will remain in harmony with their constitution and bylaws that have the approval of Seventh-day Adventist Churches throughout the world.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.