Author Topic: Monsoons in the USA  (Read 5201 times)

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
Monsoons in the USA
« on: June 19, 2012, 09:43:37 AM »
We think of Asia and southern islands when the word monsoon is mentioned. Did you know it also happens every year in the United States? Typically, we mark the arrival of monsoonal rains with Independence Day. If they have not arrived in the last few days of June, they are always here by July 4. Interesting! And what a blessed relief they are!

From Phoenix, here is a short lesson: http://www.kpho.com/story/18783234/arizonas-monsoon-season-is-here (four parts)

http://www.azfamily.com/weather/severe-weather/157640165.html
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
Re: Monsoons in the USA
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 07:31:35 PM »
Well, they can't come soon enough this year with all the fires out west.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 03:08:24 PM »
The monsoons are here. It is 4 in the afternoon and it is raining. That is the pattern. How thirsty is the earth for it and what a blessing it is to our very souls!

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 03:52:44 PM »
Send some our way please!  It's this hot here —>:P
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 05:06:23 PM »
This is a beautiful radar! Is it cruel to post it?  8)

The rains from this annual flow will help the fires in and around the southwest.

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 03:47:23 AM »
Cruel?  Not for us here in New England.  As long as it stays down there.  I had almost 7 1/2" of rain in June--nearly double the normal amount.  Could be worse;  I had over 9" in June of 2009, the year nearly all of my potatoes rotted in the ground.  :(

I assume you meant that the rain would help the fire fighters, rather than the fires.  The fires don't need any help.  ;D
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 04:41:05 AM »
Picky, picky, picky!

How's this? "... will help WITH extinguishing the fires"

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2012, 01:16:27 PM »
This Sabbath day, the rains continue. What a blessing; however, it's cold! The entire morning, the temperature stayed at 570. We are so "socked in" that by mid-afternoon the temps dropped to 520 inside the house:o Unheard of, well, except for snow in July and that has happened!  ::) Global warming/global cooling? Don't know right now! I had to grab thick socks and an ankle-length sweater just to bear it! Firing up the wood stove is unthinkable. Maybe we will pile on some quilts before this day is over!

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2012, 03:58:34 PM »
Still hot here, but we are very thankful for rain today.

Sister Dee

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2012, 04:11:49 PM »
A blessing for sure!  We had a good rain around bedtime on the 2nd, a much harder shower on the 4th, and this afternoon a nice steady rain for a couple of hours, with possibly more to come.  It is cooler here, also, at 78 according to the online temp.  That's downright balmy compared to what you are experiencing, Sybil.  But it's hard to believe that just last week we were over 100!  However, that was dry heat.   ;)

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2012, 04:13:00 PM »
This Sabbath day, the rains continue. What a blessing; however, it's cold! The entire morning, the temperature stayed at 570. We are so "socked in" that by mid-afternoon the temps dropped to 520 inside the house:o Unheard of, well, except for snow in July and that has happened!  ::) Global warming/global cooling? Don't know right now! I had to grab thick socks and an ankle-length sweater just to bear it! Firing up the wood stove is unthinkable. Maybe we will pile on some quilts before this day is over!

Don't be so stubborn, Sybil.  ;D  It would be something to tell the grand-kids:  "We once had to have a fire in July."  Actually, about 20 years ago I about froze to death at campmeeting in the big tent.  I was on the 4th of July.  It rained all day and the temps were in the 50's.  When I got home I did build a small fire.  We've never had a July day that cold since then.  No problems like that today, though.  It hit 90+.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Sister Dee

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2012, 04:32:14 PM »
Well, I stand corrected.  The temp now says 67.  Nice!   8)

ejclark

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2012, 05:20:23 PM »
I'm  jealous. We are experiencing a drought. No rain and 90+ temps for the past 6 weeks. The past 12 days have been over 100 and the past 4 days have hit 110.  We are supposed to get some relief from the heat this next week, but still no significant rain for the next 7+ days.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2012, 07:47:15 PM »
God bless you! I hope you get rain!

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2012, 10:32:03 PM »
In California we expect 100 plus weather in the summer and no rain. It is life. It has been a cool summer, but not anymore. We are now in the hundreds.  We have had unusual cooler summers for a few years. Later summer highs and not so many continuous triple digit days.  :)  I am thankful, the tomatoes are not. 
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.