Author Topic: 2011, A Very Destructive Year  (Read 2962 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
2011, A Very Destructive Year
« on: December 07, 2011, 06:01:50 PM »
In the days to follow, we shall be hearing many from professing Christian churches explaining why it is that so much trouble is coming upon the earth. Satan uses much truth to cloak his poisonous lies. It is true that the immorality in the world and in the United States has caused God to remove His hand of protection, but often it is not God that is causing destruction to overspread the Earth.  In the future we shall see the battle heat up between those who keep the commandments of God and those who do not. Those who refuse to follow the laws of man that are contrary to the law of God will be blamed for the disasters wreaking havoc around the world. Things will continue to get worse until Jesus comes.

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
Re: 2011, A Very Destructive Year
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 08:19:12 AM »
Japan earthquake, other natural disasters cost $366 billion in 2011, UN says

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Japan+earthquake+other+natural+disasters+cost+billion+2011+says/6013757/story.html#ixzz1jpLxlOmK
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: 2011, A Very Destructive Year
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 10:49:02 PM »
I must be losing my memory, or did the author forget a few things from last year?

In addition to the Japan earthquake, the centre cited the floods in Brazil in January, the quake that hit New Zealand in February, and Hurricane Irene in the United States in August and Septembe

I remember Irene, and I suppose some others who suffered do also. But, more than Irene, I remember of month of destruction from Tornadoes that we have never seen.  From April 27 to May 24 destruction blew across Tornado Alley. Joplin was decimated.  It was most unusual and very destructive. Maybe it is just because I followed it so closely. But, I don't think so. 
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.