Author Topic: Church's Prophetic Role  (Read 5330 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Church's Prophetic Role
« on: August 10, 2013, 08:26:11 PM »
To begin our discussion on the role of God's church in "The Great Controversy" I want to present a talk given by Dr. Norman McNulty at the 2013 ASI convention.   Adventism's Prophetic Role in the Great Controversy
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

wigina

Re: Church's Prophetic Role
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 09:51:20 PM »
Looks like probation is almost over for the Laodicea for I am looking at the end of preaching for the church and the beginning of preaching of the final message to come out of Babylon.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 10:17:03 PM »
A talk given by a young man more spiritually advanced than many of our theologians. He points us back to the waymarks, the pillars of our faith. We need to take heed. I pray for this discussion. It is critical for us individually and for the church.
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 11:17:11 PM »
Dr. McNulty has gotten to the very bottom of the gospel message, "Christ in you, the hope of glory."  And, he does not misunderstand. He knows that it is only when Christ is in us that we can keep the commandments of God. And, he knows that a Laodicean does not have Christ.

I like what he encouraged us to do "say what the Bible says." For 30 years I have been waiting to hear such simple straight forward truth being preached in our church. Liberals and conservatives have not been preaching this message. Hearing the gospel truth is evidence that Jesus is coming soon!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 06:07:02 PM »
Finally downloaded and listened to this message. One of the best I've hear on the subject!
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 07:15:08 PM »
Isn't it excellent? He is young and very convicted to give the messages we need to hear.
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 07:38:03 AM »
Wigina, I moved your post to a topic more suited to your concern. Worship Forum

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2019, 04:31:06 PM »
Getting back to the church's prophetic role. What is it? When Jesus moved into the Most Holy Place in 1844, why did He move? What work began when He moved into the Most Holy Place? Many will quote Daniel and others will quote from Revelation. But, few will mention the second work Jesus began. In both Daniel and Revelation we see that "the books were opened" and that we are to give the message that the "hour of His judgment is come."

But, that is only part of our prophetic calling. While this is part of the three angels message, there is something even more important that we understand. I will let one of our Bible scholars answer what the second work is that Jesus is doing that is included in our prophetic role. In the meantime, here is a statement of truth that may provide a clue:

Jesus had now given three years of public labor to the world. His example of self-denial and disinterested benevolence was before them. His life of purity, of suffering and devotion, was known to all. Yet this short period of three years was as long as the world could endure the presence of its Redeemer.   

This thought occurred to me that if God's church was following in His footsteps we'd be in the kingdom before this.  We have parleyed with the world so long that barely any difference is seen between them and the remnant. But that is about to change.  God will have a people that will call a halt to their lukewarmness and in repentance will answer the call of "Who is on the Lords's side?" That's the side I want to be on each day.

If we truly love God and want to go home like we say we do, we will live the life of Jesus. Then the world will not endure our presence. The shaking will take place, persecution will arise, many will die for their faith while others linger in hovels or in caves, and desolate places but taken care of by the Holy Spirit. May we remain faithful and true, enduring to the end. We will never be alone. God promises to never leave us or forsake us even though at times it may 'feel' like He has. By faith we believe His promise.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2019, 04:46:23 PM »
Norman McNulty touched on many truths, but let us not rely upon what he has preached, but go to the Bible to see for ourselves what is the work of Jesus today in the Most Holy Place. This is what the doctor stated also, that we need to study ourselves. He has stated the work that Christ is doing for us. What is that second work? Then let us better understand what is our role to help Him finish the work that Jesus may come.