Author Topic: Three Priests  (Read 6628 times)

Won Bae

Three Priests
« on: October 10, 2011, 05:50:45 PM »
The other night I watched musical concert presented by the "Three Priests" from Northern Ireland in a PBS  program.
I was very much impressed by their singing.  All the songs were very familiar christian  songs.   I am wondering if God was impressed by them as much as I was.  If they did not wear the priest's garb I would not have known who they were.

Won

Vicki

Re: Three Priests
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 06:08:29 PM »
God gives each of us talent. It is up to us what we do with it.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 08:39:15 AM »
I am wondering if God was impressed by them as much as I was.  If they did not wear the priest's garb I would not have known who they were.

God knows their hearts. If they belong to Him, He will lead them to remove the clothes that mislead so many. Satan had a most beautiful voice. He used his talents to destroy billions of humans and millions of angels. Music in the world is his invention to destroy souls. But, he also uses that to point some to the Roman Church where the music is beautiful. The teaching in the Roman Church are not in harmony with Scripture. There is no such thing as Purgatory where one stays until a price is paid to the church to free them. Martin Luther understood that salvation is a free gift, not one to be purchased. A priest cannot forgive sins, only God can.

Here is a short statement by Martin Luther regarding their teaching on purgatory:

Augustine, Ambrose, and Jerome held nothing at all of purgatory. Gregory, being in the nighttime deceived by a vision, taught something of purgatory, whereas God openly commanded that we should search out and inquire nothing of spirits, but of Moses and the prophets.

Therefore we must not admit Gregory’s opinion on this point; the day of the Lord will show and declare the same, when it will be revealed by fire.

This sentence, “And their works do follow them,” must not be understood of purgatory, but of the doctrine of good works, or of godly and true Christians, and of heretics. Arius, the heretic, has had his judgment; the fire of faith has declared it. For the last day will discover and declare all things.

God has, in his Word, laid before us two ways; one which by faith leads to salvation,—the other, by unbelief, to damnation.

As for purgatory, no place in Scripture makes mention thereof, neither must we any way allow it; for it darkens and undervalues the grace, benefits, and merits of our blessed, sweet Saviour Christ Jesus.

The bounds of purgatory extend not beyond this world; for here in this life the upright, good, and godly Christians are well and soundly scoured and purged.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

colporteur

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 02:53:56 PM »
The other night I watched musical concert presented by the "Three Priests" from Northern Ireland in a PBS  program.
I was very much impressed by their singing.  All the songs were very familiar christian  songs.   I am wondering if God was impressed by them as much as I was. 

The Catholic church is a most "impressive" church. That renders it the more dangerous. I believe Mrs. White even uses that word when describing it in the book The Great Controversy. Satan has a beautiful voice and is an angel of light. Why should we expect him to use crude second rate music and singing to deceive ? You may be thinking,.... how unfair to say the priests are being used by satan?  How so? Ask them to teach you the Bible and whose gospel do you think you will hear? That does not mean they are lost and have no hope of salvation but it means their gifts are being used by the enemy to snare souls. We must be careful we do not out of curiousity walk on Satan's ground.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.