Author Topic: God is building faith my little one  (Read 3335 times)

Donna H

God is building faith my little one
« on: September 11, 2011, 08:14:22 PM »
I have adopted a 10 year old girl as my grandaughter. She often spends the night and comes for visits.

Last week she was over with her friend, and my grandaughter became very upset about something and closed herself in my closet. I went to talk with her but she just wanted to be left alone. I checked on her a few times, and was asked to let her have her space each time. I decided to try talking once more, deciding that I would not leave this time, but start talking even if she preferred me to leave. So I stayed and talked.

I silently prayed to our Lord for help to help her, and then I thought to ask her if she thought she would be able to forgive her friend. She said "no", but not because she didn't want to. She didn't think she could forgive because she was overwhelmed with anger and didn't know how to stop feeling angry. So I asked her if she would like to pray. She shrugged her shoulders with an "I dunno". So I said let's pray.

We sat on the floor together and held hands, and while I prayed for her I silently prayed for more help from God. And I remembered a time earlier this summer when we were driving home from a camping trip. She had fallen asleep in the back of the car. When I noticed she had waken up, I asked her how she was doing. And she said, that God had given her some of His heart, and she gave God some of her heart and she felt "new". I guess she was tired or grumpy when she awoke.

So in prayer, i recounted this experience of hers and asked God if He could give my grandaughter His loving heart, while she gave Him her angry heart. I put it in God's hands and wisdom, and said, Amen. I looked at her, and asked if she felt better. She said, "a little bit", but then not 1 minute later she was all cheerful and happy and ready to go to the park with her friend. She said, "It worked!"

Amen!!!!!

God is building faith in my grandaughter! It's so visible and beautiful.
Faith is the living power that presses through every barrier, overrides all obstacles, and plants its banner in the heart of the enemy’s camp. 4T 163.3

Dorine

Re: God is building faith my little one
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 02:14:16 AM »
God bless you Donna. If only more parents, grandparents were teaching their children in this way. My heart aches for the sadness I see around me that is so unnecessary. Children are starved for spiritual direction and what hope do they have when the parents are in the same condition. Thank you for sharing.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 03:45:23 AM »
How beautiful! I am so happy for you, Donna!
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Vicki

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 11:46:44 AM »
It is such a joy when God touches the hearts and minds of our children, or grandchildren, as the case may be. What a blessing!