Author Topic: Hurricane Irene Headed for East Coast  (Read 8858 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Hurricane Irene Headed for East Coast
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2011, 09:43:16 AM »
Pennsylvania has flooding and flash floods.

Flashing flooding that prompted calls for water rescues overnight is expected to be followed by lasting flooding problems Sunday — and beyond.

Boats were brought in overnight to try to get to people trapped by rising water in cars, homes and apartments in Upper Moreland, Abington, Willow Grove and other parts of Montgomery County, according to a dispatcher.
  source
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2011, 09:55:24 AM »
2 1/2" of rain so far, as of 12:50 a.m.  Pouring right now.  Winds have picked up.  Can't estimate speed, but so far no worse than a normal storm.  Power went out an hour ago, which surprised me, since it isn't really very windy, yet.  I've heard thunder a few times.  I'm running off the generator right now.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2011, 10:04:07 AM »
As I remember, Wally, they have flash flood warnings around Bangor.  You are blessed to have internet!! No creeks nearby?
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2011, 10:05:05 AM »
Here is a report on the damage in North Carolina: source

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2011, 10:26:51 AM »
Flooding continues to create dangers. Some residents are being forced to their roofs. Record rainfall continues to produce flooding.

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2011, 11:02:13 AM »
As I remember, Wally, they have flash flood warnings around Bangor.  You are blessed to have internet!! No creeks nearby?
We're high on a hill, 350' above the nearest stream.  Power came back on after about an hour.  We're nearing the 3" mark for rainfall.  More is on the way.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2011, 05:23:56 PM »
I've been watching video clips on news sites. There are towns in Vermont that are completely cut off by washed out roads. All over New England houses and roads have washed away. Devastation is very bad.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2011, 07:34:06 PM »
Record floods in many areas.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2011, 07:53:08 AM »
The death toll reached 40 from the results of Irene. The East Coast continues to deal with what are being called "epic floods". Again, we see devastation of record proportions following one after another. Fires, floods, earthquakes, tsunamis, wars, disease, and famine are in the land. All signs of the soon coming of Jesus.

Millions remain without electricity in the wake of Irene. At a time when the economy has left the federal and state governments without a lot of incoming revenue, they have increasing demands from the many disasters.  This is but the beginning.

From North Carolina to Maine, communities cleaned up and took stock of the uneven and hard-to-predict costs of a storm that spared the nation's biggest city a nightmare scenario, only to deliver a historic wallop to towns well inland.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2011, 01:12:44 PM »
East Coast flood videos a bible answer

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2011, 07:16:22 AM »
The Columbia Union of Seventh-day Adventists are in the midst of the after effects of Hurricane Irene. Though Seventh-day Adventist institutions and members appear to have escaped major damage, the union’s disaster response leaders are concerned about how power outages and flooding in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Virginia, to a lesser extent, is impacting their neighbors. So far Pennsylvania team members have a mobile feeding unit in Goshen and are considering storing goods at a central location for assisting survivors. New Jersey’s ACS DR team is getting personal care kits and flood buckets out to survivors.  SDAs Respond to Irene