Author Topic: Fruit Trees  (Read 18287 times)

colporteur

Re: Fruit Trees
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2017, 05:52:05 AM »
  What are you going to do with that many fruit trees, Richard ?

Has anyone tried Column fruit trees in containers ?
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2017, 06:23:50 AM »
Cp, I am planting maybe 40.  Giving some away, and potting what I have not healed in to sell next winter. I am on my way out to finish potting what are left.

What is "column fruit trees in containers"?
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

colporteur

« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2017, 05:01:33 PM »
Cp, I am planting maybe 40.  Giving some away, and potting what I have not healed in to sell next winter. I am on my way out to finish potting what are left.

What is "column fruit trees in containers"?

I think it is columnar.

They take the fruiting branch of a tree and graft it to root stock. The trunk is therefore a fruiting branch. The branch usually only gets about 6' tall and spreads only 1-2 feet wide yet bears heavy fruit all up and down the trunk. It works well in containers such as whiskey barrels because pretty all the tree is bearing fruit so massive roots are not required. In other words, there is a high amount of fruiting per amount of roots.

It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2017, 04:04:06 AM »
Yes, I've heard of columnar apple trees. I suppose you could keep the branches pruned close to the trunk and that would create the column with fruit. Most all fruit trees are grafted on a rootstock.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.