Author Topic: What is a computer chassis?  (Read 4077 times)

Vicki

What is a computer chassis?
« on: July 20, 2011, 08:57:28 AM »
I recv'd a Windows error msg this morning:

Warning Event Notification

Chassis intrusion detected. This typically does NOT indicate a hardware failure.

1. Contact your Help Desk if you did not personally open your chassis.

2. Enter System Setup & set Chassis Intrusion to 'Clear'.

1.) I know how to enter setup but am not familiar with anything in there. Is it self-explanatory to get in and out of setup?

2.) What exactly is going on? or what is a chassis?

Prior to getting the msg we installed a new HP printer. It installed fine & printed fine but then had a blank error msg and refused to end when clicking "End Task" so I finally unplugged the computer.

Now we are also getting a msg that our free AVG security is outdated. Firefox 5 warns that Yahoo mail is an unsecure website? Could this all be related?

We have to head out for the day. I'll check back here tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for any advise.

God is good!  :)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: What is a computer chassis?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 02:08:31 PM »
Not sure why it came on, but you can turn if off in the bios.   I doubt of your problems are related. Who knows.  The devil is active and working on all fronts!!  But God is greater!!!!

1. Restart your machine
2. Enter BIOS by pressing F2 (most of the time)
3. Scroll down to 'System Security'
4. Press Enter
5. Scroll down to Chassis Detection
6. Arrow over to 'Disabled'
7. Press Escape
8. Save changes and exit
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Vicki

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 07:12:13 PM »
Yes, God is good! That is enough to make the devil unhappy.  God worked with a few people in our church to do something this morning that involved our computer so I'm sure that got Satan's goat, so to speak. I will have to find a way to tell about that, perhaps tomorrow.

Thank you for the instructions, Richard, I was able to turn it off easily because of your help. It has been decades since I've been in Setup and couldn't remember anything about it so it was nice to be walked through it.  I read up about chassis intrusion tonight. I should have done that this morning before bothering you all.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 12:50:20 PM »
Its not a bother. If so, I would be quite the pest!  :)   I would so much appreciate someone to talk to about my software problem today, but I can't find anyone!! :(    I am never ashamed to ask for help. I don't mind showing my ignorance if I can learn from it!   And, time is valuable, so if I can find someone who knows, it is going to be much quicker, most of the time, than me searching the world for an answer.

Now.....about overcoming sin.......   :)  Jesus has all the answers. It is not hard at all if we let Him help us!  He certainly wants us to listen.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Vicki

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 01:03:37 PM »
That's right.  :) Overcoming sin is definitely not a do-it-yourself job.

Jesus knows how valuable your time is as well as the answer to your software problem. He's got it all worked out in His time; just co-operate by doing your part which might just mean keep searching...  :)  Of course we will do our part by praying for you.  :)

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 01:49:02 PM »
:)  That's right. It is His time, not mine.  I don't have time to fix it now, so I am working around it until He fixes it!! :)  Peace that passes all understanding!!