Author Topic: Purpose of The Remnant Online/Please Make First Post Here. Part 5  (Read 52745 times)

Rob K.

• Aren't you glad God looks on the inside?!
Re: Purpose of The Remnant Online/Please Make First Post Here. Part 5
« Reply #280 on: January 03, 2011, 10:14:19 PM »
This is a good idea for first contact.  I feel quite privileged to be able to join a group of people that are interested in fellowship in Jesus while desiring to discuss varied topics while trying to build each other up instead of trying to cutting each other down.  Thank you for allowing me to fellowship with you.  May our time together be filled with all that edifies and strengthens God's people for His soon coming.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #281 on: January 04, 2011, 05:28:07 AM »
Welcome, Rob! And yes, we are very glad God looks on the inside. You and our Kelsy share the face only a mother could love. Welcome aboard, look around and jump into a conversation or two. We are happy to have you. Jesus is "even at the door." Let us encourage and edify one another.
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Vicki

« Reply #282 on: January 04, 2011, 06:04:57 AM »
You and our Kelsy share the face only a mother could love. 

But which we all enjoy seeing.  :)

Welcome, Rob.

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #283 on: January 04, 2011, 08:48:13 AM »
Yes, welcome Rob.  I'll try not to let my bison trample your bird.   ;) Perhaps the bird is good at picking ticks out of the fur?  ;D  It is a bird, isn't it?  If not, by BS in biology (life science) needs to be revoked.  ::)
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Laurie Mosher

• There is a place of quiet rest
« Reply #284 on: January 07, 2011, 05:58:58 AM »
Hello everyone,
' Tis been awhile since I talked with y'all. I'm just showing a little more wear and tear, I guess. Fully retired (AGAIN #4). I think!
  There have been a lot of interesting chnages in our church.
Finalyl see some hope for leadership (worldwide NEW GC pres Ted Wilson); unfortunately I can't say the same for other depts.
HOWever, we ALL need to realize God is STILL in control! Praise God.

I'm happy to be back here and I wish God's richest blessings on each of you in 2011.
Laurie Mosher
Keep "the" Faith,  Brother Laurie

Vicki

« Reply #285 on: January 07, 2011, 06:07:29 AM »
Hello, Brother Laurie. I became familiar with your name as I read old posts. Welcome back.  :)

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #286 on: January 07, 2011, 06:29:41 AM »
Wow! Welcome back. I think I joined the forum just after you became busy, so we have not officially met. It is a great pleasure to have you back!

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #287 on: January 07, 2011, 08:54:06 AM »
Good to see you online, dear brother!  I keep praying they will fix your phone line so you can get internet! We have missed you! Jesus is coming soon!!!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #288 on: January 07, 2011, 07:00:04 PM »
Hello Rob, and welcome to the forum.

A bit hi to Bro. Laurie. It has been a long time since you've been around. So good to see you here again.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

Laurie Mosher

• There is a place of quiet rest
« Reply #289 on: January 12, 2011, 07:42:10 AM »
Thank You one and all!
Actually Brother Richard,
My telephone line is just fine. I'm however, not connected to the Internet NOW; that may change but we'll see. I have enuf activities to keep me busy for abit...still preaching alot, and involved in church heavily...
Anyhow we'll see how things go.
Love you all!
Keep the faith!
LMe
Keep "the" Faith,  Brother Laurie

Floyd

« Reply #290 on: June 11, 2011, 01:33:47 PM »
This is my first time inside this forum and it is all quite unfamiliar to me as of yet. I'm not even sure about the flavor of Adventists that frequent this site  :o but over time I'm sure that will become more evident. I am still just trying to figure out how to navigate around the site at this point.
I am curious as to about how many members belong to this forum if that is not confidential info. I also am restricted to dial-up most of the time so I will not be able to be a regular visitor but do like to check in when I can if I feel I can make and receive a good contribution.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #291 on: June 11, 2011, 01:59:08 PM »
Welcome, Floyd, we are happy to have you, even on dialup, bless you!  :) We are Bible believing and practicing Seventh-day Adventists. We uphold the 28 Fundamental Beliefs of the church. We also believe in the inspiration of God's end-time prophet. So, now you know which flavor we are.  ;D And we also pray you are, too!  

From the front of our website, the index page you will see this:

131513 Posts in 11057 Topics by 1169 Members

We hope you will add to our Bible discussions. Blessings and have a restful Sabbath.

Floyd

« Reply #292 on: June 11, 2011, 03:30:28 PM »
Thank-you for your welcome. I can see that you are strong supporters of the church doctrine list and Ellen White coming in. I have no problem with that myself as long as one does not get either of those ahead of a personal accountability to God above anything else. I was raised in a very conservative home very strictly guided by both of these, but my view of God was very dark as a result. Not saying that it had to be that way, but too often SOP is used as a club as I hope you are might notice.
I decided as a teenager to not leave the church but to plow through and hope that someday I might make sense out of this religion stuff. Years later God began introducing Himself to me personally and the journey has been improving ever since. I still enjoy Ellen White and believe she was inspired, but I now have a far greater passion for getting into the Word and listening for the Holy Spirit to bring insights to my heart. This has put me at odds with those who insist on a hierarchical religion and submission to 'authority' when it comes to beliefs. I hope to find people here who are willing to grow with me rather than dictate, but time will tell.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #293 on: June 11, 2011, 04:27:02 PM »
You will find you were not alone as many experienced the same thing. We do not use either the Bible nor the SOP to beat anyone over the head. It does not work. It is not the work of the Spirit of God. We do have personal accountability to God and God has His church. We support it, faulty as it is. There will be revival and reformation like nothing any of us has ever before seen. That is the important work ahead of us as members. We pray to press together to that end.

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #294 on: June 11, 2011, 05:45:00 PM »
Welcome, Floyd.  The name has good memories for me.  I've had two very good friends over the years who shared that name.

You will find that we can have spirited discussions here, but we try to avoid them becoming personal.  We use the SOP to uphold truth, but not to beat anyone up.  Using Scripture as a club is no better, even though we uphold it as the final arbiter of truth.

I think all the other moderators would agree with me that our goals here are to uphold Christ and His church, and to build each other up, rather than tear each other down.  Time is short and we want to help each other be ready for the second coming of Jesus.  As someone has so profoundly said, "We're all in this together; I'm not going to laugh if your end of the boat is sinking."  ;)  So, even though we may disagree amongst ourselves at times, we do so in the spirit of Christian love.  Even Paul and Barnabas had a disagreement; but it worked out for the furtherance of the gospel.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10