Author Topic: Purpose of The Remnant Online/Please Make First Post Here. Part 5  (Read 52320 times)

cookie

• Welcome to my world. Don't eat the mushrooms.
Re: Purpose of The Remnant Online/Please Make First Post Here. Part 5
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2008, 09:32:50 PM »
Hmmm...it would seem I should have read the rules more carefully.

I need to have a "real-named" account...In future I may. I enjoy my anonymity.

It was nice reading this forum, I probably won't make another account because I don't wish to disclose my phone number.

God bless.
Maybe if I put something witty in here, people will like me.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2008, 05:30:17 AM »
Welcome, Cookie. You will see a "modify" button above your posts on the right-hand side. You may edit your posts from there.

Enjoy the forum.

Mimi
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2008, 06:01:57 AM »
Drew, welcome to the forum. In today's world it is easy to be troubled. I hope you find a topic and join in. We look forward to your fellowship.

You may keep your anonymity when it comes to your account and what the rest of world can see. However, the webmaster asks for a personal email with your real name. If that still makes you uncomfortable why don't you the webmaster and talk it over.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2008, 07:33:19 AM »
Hi Drew and Cookie, We do welcome you to The Remnant Online. We're so glad that you joined us here. :)
With Christian Love,
Marie

Lewis

« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2008, 03:26:41 PM »
I want to thank JimB, a friend and a classmate from school who helps here on this website and for telling me about this site!
I do alot of reading of the Bible and SOP, and instruct my family after our Lord's principles. My family and I can't wait till the Lord comes in the clouds of glory!!!
I am a part-time some say, but it is full time in my mind lay pastor. I preach here in the mountains of Colorado, and help out where ever the Lord calls. I have been to our schools for theology and health and wellness programs.
I too have been a part of the world in the past in gangs, drinking, drugs, violence, witchcraft, and hating God... sorry to say. But praise our Lord and Savior Jesus for his awesome redeeming power to save to the uttermost.  I am most happy to be part of God's great family, and very glad for this website and in these end days!

Yours brother in Christ,
Lewis

Brian M

« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2008, 03:36:45 PM »
Welcome Lewis,

What a joy to have your fellowship online, brother. I look foward to your comments.

Brian
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. Galatians 6:7

Dora

• For the battle is not yours, but God's.
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2008, 05:14:47 PM »
Yes! Welcome, Lewis!
We have some interesting, and sometimes intense discussions on here.  It is a good forum to inhabit,

Glad you are a friend of JimB's, a friend of his will very likely be a friend of mine.
Dora

Sister Marie

« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2008, 07:40:16 PM »
We are so glad to have you here with us brother Lewis. We are glad that brother Jim brought you to us. You will enjoy this forum and we are looking forward to your posts as well. :)
With Christian Love,
Marie

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2008, 09:06:09 PM »
Welcome, Brother Lewis!!  It is always a blessing to find more of God's children who have been touched by His grace! Join with us as we work to hasten the Lord's coming!!  Prophecy is being fulfilled this very day!!  We know that there are many who have not bowed the knee to Baal!!   God is working in ways we do not see, but we by faith know He is working mightily!

Again, welcome to our online family.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2008, 07:21:05 PM »
A belated hello to Cookie and to Lewis. Welcome.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

Sister Dee

« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2008, 11:02:42 AM »
Hello, everyone!  I have finally decided to register and join in after lurking the forums for some time.  

My dh and I just joined the SDA church a couple of months ago, after spending most of our married years in different denominations and non-denominations (is that even a word?).  Learning the truths that the SDA church teaches has been an exciting journey and we hope to pass them on to our family members.  Still, we see much that troubles us and wonder what Sister White would think if she were alive today.  

A bit about us.  We are the parents of six, the older two are grown and moved out and the younger four are ages 8 and under.  Plus, we just became grandparents a month ago.  We have homeschooled all of our children.  Our life is definitely interesting!   :)  

I'm looking forward to learning more from all of you.  I doubt that I'll have a lot to contribute, but you never know!   ;)

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2008, 11:18:33 AM »
We are glad to have you, Diane. It seems you are also in the great southwest. We hope the forum will prove a blessing to you. We have many topics of study - hop into the discussions. We are all students here! Blessings - Mimi
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2008, 03:19:51 PM »
Hello, everyone!  I have finally decided to register and join in after lurking the forums for some time.   

Welcome dear sister!  Many just lurk, but it will be more fun to have your participation. You must have a lot of questions?

My dh and I just joined the SDA church a couple of months ago, after spending most of our married years in different denominations and non-denominations (is that even a word?).  Learning the truths that the SDA church teaches has been an exciting journey and we hope to pass them on to our family members.  Still, we see much that troubles us and wonder what Sister White would think if she were alive today.

God has a people and they hear His voice and follow Him. Welcome into His fold. And, yes, the Holy Spirit has not left you without discernment. It is His church, but it is in need of reformation and revival.  We have private forums where some of what you see is being discussed.

A bit about us.  We are the parents of six, the older two are grown and moved out and the younger four are ages 8 and under.  Plus, we just became grandparents a month ago.  We have homeschooled all of our children.  Our life is definitely interesting!   :)   

Sounds like God is blessing you!  Home schooling is a lot of work, but it is a blessing for parents and children.  Look forward to you sharing what you have learned in the Education Forum (private SDA Forum).

I'm looking forward to learning more from all of you.  I doubt that I'll have a lot to contribute, but you never know!   ;)

We all have a lot to share!  Your testimony is unique. :)  Don't be bashful!!  :)  Your experience will be a blessing to others going through a similar experience. Some lurk who are not yet Christians.

Again, welcome to the Remnant Online!!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Lewis

« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2008, 07:13:12 PM »
Welcome Diane to The Remnant Online. I know a little bit about homeschooling. My wife and I home school 4 girls; 2 of them have autism.

Praise God that you have joined His church in these last days.

Lewis

Dora

• For the battle is not yours, but God's.
« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2008, 08:34:59 PM »
A welcome from the beautiful, rolling hills of Ky, Diane!  Isn't it wonderful that from all these different states, God has made it possible that we can actually have an online "church family."

There is so much to read on this board, you will never get through it, but if you have been "lurking," you have already seen that.  But, please don't just read, come share your thoughts with us, too, as we study together, and fulfill Malachi3:16,17.
Dora

Sister Marie

« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2008, 09:50:09 PM »
Hi Diane, Welcome to The Remnant Online. We look forward to reading your welcome posts. :) Marie
With Christian Love,
Marie

Sister Dee

« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2008, 12:35:03 PM »
Thanks for the welcome, everyone!  I think I'll feel right at home here!   :) 

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2008, 06:26:52 AM »
I add my welcome to the others. So glad you found us, and as Mimi said, just hop into any discussion you like. Everyone has something to contribute.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

Norakay

« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2008, 08:17:14 AM »
Hi, all,
Glad to be back. I was reading a lot last night, and in the excitement of the moment,
I made three (!) posts!  So I am back-tracking, with apologies for getting ahead
of things.  I just couldn't contain myself. 

NoraKay

Lewis

« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2008, 08:56:18 AM »
Welcome to TRO. May God bless you in your fellowship here.