Author Topic: Purpose of The Remnant Online/Please Make First Post Here. Part 5  (Read 52746 times)

Beth

Re: Purpose of The Remnant Online/Please Make First Post Here. Part 5
« Reply #260 on: March 20, 2010, 06:59:31 PM »
Welcome Robert!  I'm new here, too.  Looking forward to what you have to share with us, especially on Daniel 11.   I, too, have been blessed by Stephen Bohr who shares many great insights in the study of Bible prophecy.  God bless! 

Dora

• For the battle is not yours, but God's.
« Reply #261 on: March 20, 2010, 08:30:18 PM »
Hi, Robert, and welcome! My family has accused me of being "obsessed" with Daniel 11, I have studied it for so long, and they are mostly the ones who hear about it! Like Beth, I certainly look forward to studying more with you on this..and yes, I like much that Stephen Bohr has on it. His sermon, "Reflections on Daniel 11" was most helpful.
Dora

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #262 on: March 21, 2010, 08:23:16 AM »
Welcome,  Brother Robert! We all make mistakes, but the software is user friendly and if you have questions, just ask and all are happy to answer as best we can. It is a blessing to find those in our faith that are united in Spirit and coming into unity of doctrine. I look forward to your thinking on Daniel 11. Jump right in and share how it ties in with Revelation. :)  There is much we have yet to learn!  And won't we by God's grace, be learning for eternity.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
« Reply #263 on: March 21, 2010, 08:26:45 PM »
Hi Sr. Marie (if it is OK to call you that). I am brand new on here but look forward to participating.

Daniel 11 is one of the most fascinating and satisfying books to study. In the past our commentators have been reluctant to really interpret this chapter fully in relation to the very end time events. However, this is a chapter that we need to fully understand as we approach the end. I have always enjoyed Roy Anderson's expositions but I believe that Stephen Bohr's understanding is the best I have encountered so far. He is a terrific Bible student and expounder of truth. But I do disagree with him on one point (not Daniel 11)

Greetings Brother Robert,
I too enjoy Stephen Bohr's talks on Daniel 11. He is a great speaker and knowing so much on scriptures. I feel we are living in a time when God is shedding more and more light on His people. But the only ones learning are those who thirst after righteousness. There is much He wants to teach us that we may never have heard before. It seems He leads us on giving us more and more understanding as we are ready for it. His unfolding will indeed be things so needed for us to know. Things that I feel will give us much hope as we advance closer and closer to His Coming.

We do welcome you. :)
Sr. Marie
With Christian Love,
Marie

Dorine

« Reply #264 on: July 02, 2010, 05:19:48 PM »
Hello, my name is Dorine. I am new to Remnant online and looking forward to christian fellowship with like believers. I'm not even sure I have jumped in correctly. Please redirect me if I am in the wrong place.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Sister Dee

« Reply #265 on: July 02, 2010, 06:34:43 PM »
Welcome, Dorine!  You are in the right place.   :) 

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #266 on: July 02, 2010, 06:48:13 PM »
Hello Dorine, we're glad you're here. Feel free to jump into and discussion you want.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
« Reply #267 on: July 02, 2010, 06:52:34 PM »
Hi Dorine, We are very happy to have you here with us. You can read and learn here and your welcome to jump in with your thoughts or questions on any of our forums. God bless you and Happy Sabbath!

Sister Marie
With Christian Love,
Marie

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #268 on: July 03, 2010, 06:33:12 AM »
Hi, Dorine! Welcome to our fellowship. We are so happy to have you, dear one!
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #269 on: July 05, 2010, 09:38:54 PM »
Welcome, dear sister!  We long for Christian fellowship where we can be wrong and still be loved. This is why we are here. Don't be shy. Find a topic that interests you and do indeed "jump in".  We don't bite.  There is no inappropriate question. :)    We only ask for Christian courtesy and that our members refrain from "teaching" that which is contrary to Scripture. Glad you found us!

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

RobertParker

« Reply #270 on: July 05, 2010, 11:29:40 PM »
Welcome, dear sister!  We long for Christian fellowship where we can be wrong and still be loved. This is why we are here. Don't be shy. Find a topic that interests you and do indeed "jump in".  We don't bite.  There is no inappropriate question. :)    We only ask for Christian courtesy and that our members refrain from "teaching" that which is contrary to Scripture. Glad you found us!
Who is the arbiter of what is contrary to Scripture Richard? For example, I have been posting what power I believe the King of the North to be, and others are teaching differently; so some member is teaching contrary to Scripture. How can we rectify this?

Robert

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #271 on: July 06, 2010, 05:15:17 PM »
That is a very good question, dear brother.  When we talk about not teaching contrary to Scripture, we are not being narrow. We understand there are areas that are not resolved. In such cases, we allow the presentation of thoughts that may lead to a correct understanding. Unfulfilled prophecy is not the same as the gospel message. I seldom quote people in the church, I rather share inspiration. But, in reply to your question I share a statement by James White. He suggested "caution in the interpretation of unfilled prophecy."  We appreciate your thoughts, but there are others who are not convinced you are right, not yet. You may present all that your believe to be important in this area. I pray that you appreciate the freedom you are given in this matter. I don't know of any who have been offended even though they may strongly disagree with your position. I am not one of them, I am not convinced either way, but have taken the advice of James White, which I consider most appropriate for us on this particular issue.

One of the blessings that we strongly strive for here is the Spirit of God as seen in the fellowship especially when there are opposing positions on doctrine. The fruits of the Spirit are all in the converted Christian and is manifested in our courtesy to others. Many are tired of the daily battles and come here for sweet fellowship. We exist because this did not exist in this type of ministry in the past.

I pray that I have answered your question. We are very careful when it comes to what is "taught". If you find a "teaching" that is contrary to Scripture, we surely appreciate you pointing it out. God is not honored when we speak things He has not said. "Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?"  Job 38:2. When we "teach" we want to be right for His honor and glory.

RobertParker

« Reply #272 on: July 06, 2010, 08:21:28 PM »
Thanks for this clarification Richard. I appreciate your quoting of James White. His is good counsel. However, there is enough of Daniel11 already fulfilled in order to make it clear what power is represented as the King of the North. It is easy to see where the KOTN becomes Rome (see U Smith's commentary) The  KOTN is the LAST power that attacks God's people, and that is a fundamental fact in both Daniel and Revelation, It is ALWAYS Rome that is the final anti God power in ALL lines of prophecy is both the Bible and the Spirit of Prophecy. It is.  

Tamara

• humble servant
« Reply #273 on: October 16, 2010, 02:03:50 AM »
Hello all :)

I'm Tamara... and well I am new! ;D I was actually invited by Vicki after she met me on another forum in which I was becoming very lost and flustered. Everything I said, even a prayer request turned into a huge debate (amazing, post a prayer request about health and you end up with over 30 posts on weather or not you should have a vegan diet, all of not really relating to what the issue was)

I hope I find a more friendly, family situation here where I can learn free of constant debate and confusion. I myself am a new Christian, let alone SDA as I have only been in the church for 3 years and was baptised 2 months ago! I am however eager to learn and to grow and to share what I have learnt in my short amount of time in study.

God has been very good to me, which I am sure you will all hear about later.

At least for now, Happy Sabbath!

(P.S...... I hope I posted in the right place I was a little lost! :-[)
I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." ~Psalm 91:2

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #274 on: October 16, 2010, 05:12:29 AM »
Welcome, Tamara.  I pray that you will be blessed by your association with this forum.  There are numerous topics to peruse.

And yes, you did post it in the right place.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Sister Dee

« Reply #275 on: October 16, 2010, 06:59:37 AM »
Hello, Tamara!  I am so glad you have joined us and am looking forward to getting to know you.  This is a very good place to learn, grow, and share!   :)

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #276 on: October 16, 2010, 07:03:07 AM »
Hi, Tamara! We are very happy to have you, dear sister!
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #277 on: October 16, 2010, 12:38:41 PM »
Hello, Tamara, and a Happy Sabbath to you. We are glad to have you here. Wander around the forums, make a post in anything that interests you. Welcome.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

Ed Sutton

• Ed Sutton Blogger Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 16, 2010, 01:19:04 PM »
Hi Tamara,

Welcome to TRO. 
Grateful for Psalms 32 and Titus 2:10 - The divinity of Christ is acknowledged in the unity of the children of God.  {11MR 266.2}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #279 on: October 18, 2010, 06:41:12 AM »
Hello Tamara!  You have a lot of "big brothers and sisters" here that will keep you safe.  The reason we exist is to provide a safe place for fellowship for those who love Jesus and want to reflect His character. We all do not see everything the same, but we also do not enjoy debate. We will defend the truth, but it will be done with respect and love. Let us esteem each other's opinion higher than our own. At the same time, this fellowship is for like believers who love the Bible and the Spirit of Prophecy. We do not allow for teaching of doctrine contrary to our faith. It may seem to be a difficult line to walk, but we try with the help of Jesus.

We love to find those who have questions rather than come to "teach". We appreciate teachers sent of God who point us to the Bible, but many desire to teach that which is not Biblical. Questions are always acceptable. We are all learning. There is safety in a multitude of counselors, counselors who are grounded in truth and love God and keep His commandments. Those who don't agree with this, are not allowed to "teach" here.  It is for the protection of such as you. God would have nothing less.

Again, welcome dear sister! We do look forward to getting to know you. We want to hear how God has been blessing in your life. Jesus is coming soon  and He is preparing us that we might be ready.  If you have any questions, feel free to ask any of us. We love you and are here to help you.