Author Topic: Purpose of The Remnant Online/Please Make First Post Here. Part 5  (Read 52744 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Purpose of The Remnant Online/Please Make First Post Here. Part 5
« Reply #240 on: February 22, 2010, 06:07:06 AM »
Welcome, dear brother!  We are here to help you. The Hebrew Sanctuary is a most beautiful study of the plan of salvation. It is a simple, yet very deep revelation of Christ and His great love for us while we were yet sinners. The Christian religion and Judaism as Christ meant it to be are the same religion. There are things such as the ceremonial law that have passed away and there is no theocracy any longer, but the foundation of the Christian faith rests upon the Old Testament Scripture. We welcome not only your questions, but if you have insight into the meaning of some of the ceremonies in the sanctuary service, we would like to hear it. The plan of salvation as given in the New Testament is shadowed forth in the services. Jesus is indeed the "Lamb of God" which taketh away the sin of the world. It is amazing that John the Baptist who spoke those Words, did not understand that the Lamb had to die. It is a warning to Christians today that they may be in as deep a deception about their faith. To not understand that the Lamb was born to die shows a great lack of understanding of the gospel message. Jesus helped John as He seeks to help us today.

Here is a link to the Sanctuary topic. We began it ten years ago. Forgive us if we skim over some things. Many Seventh-day Adventists have studied the subject, so some things may be taken for granted. As you read through it and questions come up, let us know and we will try and answer them. Of course there will indeed be questions we cannot answer, but we will surely try. We are all still learning!

Again, welcome, Brother John! We look forward to your fellowship.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Immanuel

• Senior Moderator
  • Jesus is My Judge
    • Emmanuel Institute of Evangelism
« Reply #241 on: February 22, 2010, 06:39:45 AM »
Welcome John, digging into the scriptures is one of the most important things we can do. We are glad that you are here to study with us, especially on these important topics!

Beth

« Reply #242 on: February 23, 2010, 07:41:46 AM »
Hello All!  I'm a home schooling mom of four children living in Central Kentucky.  I became a SDA almost 15 years ago through a Revelation seminar.  Although my husband Tim did not join me in the faith, he has been very accomodating and actually supportive in many ways.  I have been able to teach my children about the Bible and Adventist doctrines, I take them to church every Sabbath, they are vegetarian, and the times that my children were in school, Tim made sure they were in our church school, even though it is in the next town, instead of the public school just a few blocks away.  My husband and I both grew up in the city but we are looking to make a move to the country.  God has been so good.

At the beginning of the year I started the Conflict of the Ages Read-a-thon, reading one chapter a day (I should be finished with all 5 books by November).  It has been a tremendous blessing.  Also, I am studying Daniel and Revelation verse by verse.  I'm particularly interested in the last verses of Daniel 11.  I was inspired to really dig into these books after attending a series of meetings by Dane Griffin at camp meeting last year.

I enjoy walking outdoors, vegetarian cooking, and playing the guitar and piano.  Besides Bible study, I am an avid reader and love to read Spirit of Prophecy, pioneer writings, reformation history, etc.  I like to download sermons from www.audioverse.org and listen while I walk or work around the house.  I was blessed to have gone to Generation of Youth for Christ in December/January with my two oldest children.  It's amazing what God is doing through this movement!

I look forward to getting to know all of you.  God bless.  Beth

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #243 on: February 23, 2010, 08:50:10 AM »
Welcome, Beth.  We (well, my wife, that is) home schooled our 2 kids also, and do not regret it.  Any alleged disadvantages associated with homeschooling are more than compensated for by the advantages.

You will enjoy the Conflict of the Ages series.  I've read them all several times.  I'm currently reading Desire of Ages.  Can't say which one is my favorite, but I particularly like GC, both for the historical perspective, and for the prophetic element.

I hope you will be blessed by your participation in this forum.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Vicki

« Reply #244 on: February 23, 2010, 09:19:06 AM »
Hi, Beth. You're one busy mom! We have several things in common: homeschooling, the books we choose to read & vegetarian (vegan) cooking. Audioverse is a favorite, too, but I don't get to hear it as much as I would like. I look forward to your participation on the forum.  :)

Steve Billiter

« Reply #245 on: February 23, 2010, 11:14:01 AM »
Hi Beth.

Welcome! The Lord has blessed you with a wonderful family. Pictures are appreciated, at least by me. I too came in through a prophecy seminar 29 years ago by Lyle Albrecht, who is still preaching the 3 angels messages.

Audioverse is a great resource and I do listen myself. GYC is the future of Adventist evangelism and its so encouraging to see those youth standing on traditional Adventist pillars of faith, while not succumbing to worldly liberalistic, influences.

I hope you enjoy your presence here on The Remnant Online as we look forward to the sharing of your faith and experience.

I too am participating in the Readathon, and I count Sandra as one of my closest online friends, as I have not yet met her in person.
We also have discussions on every chapter of our readings if you care to contribute.

The study of Daniel and Revelation are of critical focus now as we know. I am again reviewing Revelation 13, with Daniel 7, in conjunction with Uriah Smith's book, "Daniel and the Revelation" the SDA Commentary, along with EGW comments.

God Bless! Steve
Steve Billiter

Dora

• For the battle is not yours, but God's.
« Reply #246 on: February 23, 2010, 11:29:09 AM »
Hi, Beth,
I was soo excited to see you on here! You may not recognize my name on here, as you know me as Dorothy. Many people call me "Grandma Dora." I look forward to some wonderful study with you on here!  I got a letter this morning from Darwin about you. He was interested in all the links you sent. We need to get him on here!

Another sister from Mayfield joined today, too. We are going to have a real KY group here! Praise God!  Welcome, and may you receive many blessings here, I know your being here will be a blessing to us!

In His Love,

Dora
Dora

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
« Reply #247 on: February 23, 2010, 12:49:05 PM »
Greetings Beth, it is so good to see you here also. We look forward to seeing you more and getting to know you better. :) Sister Marie
With Christian Love,
Marie

Beth

« Reply #248 on: February 24, 2010, 07:00:28 AM »
Thanks to all for such a warm welcome!  I look forward to participating in this online fellowship. 

Gloria

« Reply #249 on: February 24, 2010, 02:25:41 PM »
Hi, brothers and sisters in Christ, Jesus!  I am so happy to read of your conversion experiences into this marvellous truth.  I was baptized in 1972 in Detroit, MI, and now live in Western KY, attending the same church as Dorothy (Dora).  My heart aches when I see our people ... those entrusted with the end-time message of salvation ... content to be "asleep," but I rejoice to know that soon and very soon Jesus will "stand up" (Daniel 11:40-45) and we know the closing events will be rapid and then King Jesus will come to take His children home.  I have family and friends who are still in the world and pray for them to respond to Holy Spirit's pleading while Jesus may still be found.  I am 62 years old, widowed since Aug. '04.  My only son died Jan. 10, '09 (age 40), and I'm just now actually feeling the pain of his loss.  My only daughter lives in Montana with her 5 children ... far away from me.  My eldest granddaughter lives in NM with her two little ones, far away from me.  My only living sister lives in MI, and two elder brothers & their families live in CA, so I have no family here in KY.  If it wasn't for my church family I would truly be alone.  The Bible's promises are very precious to me; like when Jesus says "I will never leave you nor forsake you."  My life experience has proven this true beyond all human understanding.  I love to uncover new "jewels" in God's Word, listen to CDs (Daniel 11), watch DVDs of Prof. Walter Veith and Stephen Bohr, and read Spirit of Prophecy books.  For morning worship, I'm going "Though the Bible with H.M.S. Richards" and that is proving a real blessing.  I swim & do Water Aerobics at the local YMCA and sing hymns in the hot-tub.  I love to sing praises to Jesus, my Creator and Savior ... both at church and nursing facilities; but hot-tubs and showers I can't resist.   ;)   

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #250 on: February 24, 2010, 06:28:45 PM »
Hi, Gloria and Beth! Isn't our Dora wonderful? We have been so blest to have her here and now you two! To have the opportunity to fellowship and study God's word together is quite a miracle considering the miles between us. It is a pleasure to have you. Welcome! Jump into some of our discussions and share with us what you have learned!

For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #251 on: February 24, 2010, 06:37:24 PM »
I love to sing praises to Jesus, my Creator and Savior ... both at church and nursing facilities; but hot-tubs and showers I can't resist.   ;)   

:D And don't we sound great in the shower? The acoustics and steam must have something to do with it!  8)

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #252 on: February 24, 2010, 07:34:32 PM »
Welcome Sisters Beth and Gloria!!

Beth, you have a lovely family. You must be very busy!! We look forward to your fellowship!

Gloria, you now have a broader extension of your local church family!!  It is our joy to find our brothers and sisters from around the world. There are some here who have no local church family that walks in the light, to the contrary, they have to stand alone in their churches. Well...not alone, Jesus is right there with them. Your testimony and sharing will be a great blessing to all of us, but especially the ones who  come here for the only fellowship they can find.

Again, welcome to both of you! Let us do all we can to hasten the soon coming of Jesus!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
« Reply #253 on: February 24, 2010, 08:54:29 PM »
We are so happy to have you with us Gloria. I love your post:
My life experience has proven this true beyond all human understanding.  I love to uncover new "jewels" in God's Word, listen to CDs (Daniel 11), watch DVDs of Prof. Walter Veith and Stephen Bohr, and read Spirit of Prophecy books.  For morning worship, I'm going "Though the Bible with H.M.S. Richards" and that is proving a real blessing.  I swim & do Water Aerobics at the local YMCA and sing hymns in the hot-tub.  I love to sing praises to Jesus, my Creator and Savior ... both at church and nursing facilities; but hot-tubs and showers I can't resist.   Wink    

I am going through Daniel 11 right now in a book called "Unfolding Daniel's Prophecies by Roy Allan Anderson. I am up to verse 20 now and it is at the time of Jesus Birth. Of course one has to go through history to know that. This is what the book helps with. It is totally amazing how detailed and to the point the Bible prophecies are. I take it really slow with the Bible and the book and do a lot of typing. (It helps me remember it better)

Stephen Bohr is so good! There are many others too. We are so blessed as a Church!!  We go to the Y too and are blessed so much with that. What a help on the cranky bones and muscles, tendons, and so on. My daughter and I just started a week ago and I'm feeling some better already. :)  We sing together before studying the lesson each day too. So I know what you mean. I think we all do. We love to Praise our wonderful Saviour. :) 
With Christian Love,
Marie

John1

• The Noahide Nazarene Way
« Reply #254 on: February 25, 2010, 10:37:09 AM »
Thanks for the welcome everyone. I've been reading through the Hebrew Sanctuary posts and had not returned to this one until now. My apologies for not replying sooner.

I'm finding a few of the essential SDA teachings difficult to support biblically -- especially those concerning the Sanctuary related teachings -- but I'm still trying to follow the example of the Bereans, receiving them readily and then studying to see if they are biblically supported (Acts 17:11). I'm refraining from posting here much as I do not wish to appear like a negative influence: I understand and respect that this forum is primarily for those who already hold Adventist beliefs.

A bit more about me just to explain where I'm coming from with my ongoing sojourn: In 1969 I gave my life and heart to God at the alter of a Missionary Baptist church in North Georgia (U.S.A.). Since that evening my life has been devoted to better knowing and serving God. Not wanting to be overly biased by my upbringing, to this end, I have studied most of the world's religions "from the inside out" so as to understand them as much as possible from the perspective of the Believer (rather than just intellectually). I hold a couple of Christian ordinations (Baptist and Cavalry Chapel), an Interfaith ordaination and various comparable achievements in other religions. My quest continues.

I have now concluded to my satisfaction that the Bible is the most authoritative religious scripture on Earth, that the God of the Bible established a covenant with all people (through Noah) and later chose the Jews as His Elect and specially Chosen ambassadors -- as the "apples of His eye." That He established an eternal and unbreakable covenant with the Jewish people, through whom He will, within the generation of 1947 (or perhaps 1968) complete all the prophecies and establish His Kingdom on earth ("as it is in Heaven"). I am further convinced that Y'shua (Jesus) will return to Earth physically as he promised, take his seat on the Throne of David, fulfill the Messianic prophecies, and establish this Theocratic Kingdom: else why are we to pray: Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done, on EARTH as it is in Heaven"?

I've pretty much always known (and taught) Shabbat, the Sabbath, is the only biblical day of worship and so this makes me favorably disposed toward the SDA denomination (as well as the older Seventh Day Baptist denomination -- who do not have any congregations in the area where I now live). That to me is obvious from Genesis 2:3 onward.

I've looked into the SDA in the past (especially while living on Maui and in Berkeley in the 80's). There is a great deal (including Sabbath observance and the rejection of the Pagan-based Hell teaching) that I agree with here. Frankly however the SDA Sanctuary teachings have seemed so unbiblical to me on the surface that I did not do the thorough study they require if I am to understand them properly. I am now seeking to remedy this. I especially have issues with the SDA understandings of "the Daily" the two desecrations, the interpretation of the thousand two hundred and threescore days prophecy and the teaching that Daniel 9:27 is not referring to a final seven year tribulation period that will occur as the "Times of the Gentiles" draws to a close which to me is very clear. These are the main points I am seeking to understand about Adventist doctrine. So I am now seeking to understand these foundational SDA teachings as understood in the Hebrew Sanctuary (as suggested by Richard). Perhaps that will shed light on these things.

Thanks for reading this. I invite everyone's thoughts and suggestions, either through this site or via e-mail.
John of AllFaith

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #255 on: February 25, 2010, 11:39:07 AM »
Again welcome, Brother John!

Only having difficulty with a few of our doctrines places you very close to our beliefs! That is why we have invited you to study the sanctuary and its services with us. It is a beautiful representation of the plan of salvation. All aspects of it point to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. We look forward to your participation and your questions.

RobertParker

« Reply #256 on: March 19, 2010, 11:09:09 PM »
Richard If this is your desire, welcome! Please make your initial post here, then               join with us in glorifying and praising our Saviour Jesus Christ in all of these forums established for this purpose. [/quote]

Robert Thanks for the welcome Richard. It may take awhile to find out how this forum all works. If I make a blunder or two, please let me know.

May God be glorified in my words and life, and in yours,

Robert

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #257 on: March 20, 2010, 07:17:05 AM »
Welcome, RobertParker, and Beth and Gloria.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

RobertParker

« Reply #258 on: March 20, 2010, 03:42:45 PM »
Sr. Marie says:
I am going through Daniel 11 right now in a book called "Unfolding Daniel's Prophecies by Roy Allan Anderson. I am up to verse 20 now and it is at the time of Jesus Birth. Of course one has to go through history to know that. This is what the book helps with. It is totally amazing how detailed and to the point the Bible prophecies are. I take it really slow with the Bible and the book and do a lot of typing. (It helps me remember it better)

Robert says:
Hi Sr. Marie (if it is OK to call you that). I am brand new on here but look forward to participating.

Daniel 11 is one of the most fascinating and satisfying books to study. In the past our commentators have been reluctant to really interpret this chapter fully in relation to the very end time events. However, this is a chapter that we need to fully understand as we approach the end. I have always enjoyed Roy Anderson's expositions but I believe that Stephen Bohr's understanding is the best I have encountered so far. He is a terrific Bible student and expounder of truth. But I do disagree with him on one point (not Daniel 11)  :)

The sun is shining and the magpies warbling in the trees, and I love my Savior.

Robert

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #259 on: March 20, 2010, 03:59:32 PM »
Good afternoon, Brother Parker. Welcome to The Remnant Online. Here's the Daniel 11 topic: http://remnant-online.com/smf/index.php?topic=3113.0  Let us know what you have learned thus far. We love the study.