Author Topic: Purpose of The Remnant Online/Please Make First Post Here. Part 5  (Read 52742 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Purpose of The Remnant Online/Please Make First Post Here. Part 5
« Reply #220 on: October 18, 2009, 11:30:35 AM »
Guten Abend, Sister Kate!  My guess is that it is not proper even though it is 11:28 am here.  On the other hand, I have never heard the phrase, so I may have misunderstood altogether what is being said!  Soon, we shall all speak the same language!

Welcome to our fellowship, dear sister! We are happy to see your post and look forward to more as time permits!  Jesus is coming soon and we would like to know how He is working in your part of the world.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Vicki

« Reply #221 on: October 18, 2009, 02:34:25 PM »
I thought there was an 'n' in there somewhere, but I was tempted to stick it on the wrong word. I googled "translate to english gutten aben" and came up with "2 English boy monkey". I think I'll stick with English here on out.  ;D

Glen

• Rescue the perishing, care for the dying...
« Reply #222 on: October 24, 2009, 09:21:00 AM »
I feel privileged to be allowed to join this fellowship of believers professing the Faith of Jesus.

Thank-you!

Glen
...Jesus...will live through (YOU), giving (YOU) the inspiration of His sanctifying Spirit, imparting to (YOUR) soul a vital transfusion of Himself. Sabbath-School Worker 02-01-96.03  ...as the blood is in the body, and circulate there as a vitalizing power... 7T 189.02

Brian M

« Reply #223 on: October 24, 2009, 09:35:31 AM »
Welcome Glen! Glad to have you join us.
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. Galatians 6:7

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #224 on: October 24, 2009, 03:29:51 PM »
Hey Glen! How are you! Welcome, welcome, ever welcome!
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #225 on: October 24, 2009, 11:09:59 PM »
Welcome, dear Brother Glen!! It is we who are blessed with each new member that joins with us in fellowship!  We know that God has a people spread out around the world. What a joy to find them!! We look forward to getting to know you and to hear how Jesus is working in and through you! He is coming soon and we want to hasten that day!!

With the many trials we are facing, we want to be an encouragement to each other. May God bless our fellowship as we press together!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Eglantine

« Reply #226 on: November 30, 2009, 05:07:25 PM »
Hello. :) I'm a happily married homeschooling mother of 3 sons. Very blessed. We live in the country and are thankful every day for how God has lead us and continues to lead us.

Thank you for accepting me on this forum. I don't spend much time here because we rarely have access to the internet...but, I do check in now and then. :)

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."  2 Corinthians 5:17

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #227 on: November 30, 2009, 05:15:29 PM »
And we are thrilled to have you, Eglantine! Welcome to the forum! Let us know if you need help with finding anything!

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #228 on: November 30, 2009, 05:20:52 PM »
Hello. :) I'm a happily married homeschooling mother of 3 sons. Very blessed. We live in the country and are thankful every day for how God has lead us and continues to lead us.

Thank you for accepting me on this forum. I don't spend much time here because we rarely have access to the internet...but, I do check in now and then. :)

Welcome, fellow homeschooler.  We (actually my wife) homeschooled both of our kids, and we must have done something right because my son is taking a college algebra class (he's still technically in high school) and doing well.  In retrospect I wouldn't have wanted to do it any other way.  A lot of pitfalls are avoided by homeschooling (negative peer pressure; picking up the bad habits of 20 other kids by osmosis); and the fexible schedule is an added bonus.

3 sons?  My mother had to suffer through 3 boys also.  We were brats.  I suspect it will be better for you because of the homeschooling.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Alan L.

« Reply #229 on: December 18, 2009, 07:01:17 PM »
This is my first time posting in here.  I hope to have many interactions and much study times here.  I pray that God will use me to be a blessing to someone just as others are a blessing to me.  God bless everyone this holy sabbath day.

Alan L.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #230 on: December 18, 2009, 07:03:26 PM »
Good evening Alan and Sabbath blessings to you, too. We are so happy to have you. Welcome!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #231 on: December 18, 2009, 07:08:36 PM »
Yes, welcome dear brother Alan!! We look forward to your fellowship! Share with us what Jesus has been doing in your life. Pick on the forums of interest and start sharing!

Have a blessed Sabbath!

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
« Reply #232 on: December 18, 2009, 08:34:56 PM »
Greeting Alan and Happy Sabbath. We look forward to your posts and getting to know you better. God bless, Sister Marie
With Christian Love,
Marie

Steve Billiter

« Reply #233 on: January 20, 2010, 03:25:52 PM »
Thanks for the invitation and opportunity to post here and get to know some of my brothers and sisters in Christ. I am an E-Sword user and  also reference the published writings of Ellen G. White prolifically as needed, so theological discussions for mine and others edification is one of my highest joys and works.I also believe in the power of personal testimony as to what Jesus Christ has done and is doing for me.

I believe the signs of the times show we are near the end and we have no time to waste on trivialities, the time is long past to make Christ first and foremost in the life. I am nearing the end of two years in college with a masters degree in substance abuse counseling in view.

I attend a secular college at present, but would love to be in seminary studying theology, but I have not seen that the Lord has made that path plain as of yet. However, I have had a few opportunities to present the Bible and Christ at my school, the last and most recent of which was a PowerPoint presentation in Philosophy 210, World Religions class that I did on prophecy that included the dark day of the sun, the moon turned to blood, (1780) and the stars fell from heaven in 1833. I also downloaded and printed a 7-page Amazing Facts Bible study lesson which was handed out to all members of the class.

What a high privilege the Lord granted me to be able to do that in a secular school!  

Friends today sent me this link to help the Haiti earthquake victims financially, for those who cannot make the trip over there.I have met the young man in the video, Brandon, who is one of the leaders of the Battlefield Hollywood Adventist Ministry. They (relief agency) operate under the auspices of GYC. Thanks, and God Bless! Steve
Steve Billiter

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #234 on: January 20, 2010, 03:47:21 PM »
Steve! How happy we are to have one such as you! We have a need of your special brand of knowledge, young man! We will discuss substance abuse in the health topic! See you there?

Welcome to The Remnant Online! Do enjoy your time with us. We are very nice people!  ;)

P.S. PM admin for permission before posting links. We appreciate it!

Steve Billiter

« Reply #235 on: January 20, 2010, 07:54:11 PM »
Thanks, Sybil. Sorry about the link, I haven't read all the rules yet. yes , Ill check out the health topics, in Christ, Steve
Steve Billiter

ranger

« Reply #236 on: February 03, 2010, 12:48:26 PM »
I appreciate this forum. I have learned an number of things already and I look forward to learning much more.
The church is to be strengthened, the world is to be warned. Jesus is coming soon!

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #237 on: February 03, 2010, 01:19:13 PM »
And we are so very happy to have you, ranger! Welcome aboard! There is certainly no shortage of topics to jump into. Blessings!

John1

• The Noahide Nazarene Way
« Reply #238 on: February 21, 2010, 11:06:18 PM »
Thanks for accepting me to your forum.

We have a mutual friend at the Yankee Hill SDA church. I understand he mentioned me to you. He referred me here.

I am studying the Sanctuary teachings and attempting to find scriptural support for these and related Adventist doctrines.
John of AllFaith

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #239 on: February 22, 2010, 05:56:15 AM »
Good morning, John1, and welcome to The Remnant Online. You have chosen one of the most significant subjects for study. Welcome!