Author Topic: Purpose of The Remnant Online/Please Make First Post Here. Part 5  (Read 61625 times)

Lucia

• I know in Whom I have believed
Re: Purpose of The Remnant Online/Please Make First Post Here. Part 5
« Reply #140 on: March 06, 2009, 09:57:34 AM »
Hi Everyone! I'm glad to be here and looking forward to reading and learning and sharing (mostly when I have time). I have great things about this forum and look forward to a constructive and inspirational exchange of ideas :)
“We are in the day of atonement, and we are to work in harmony with Christ’s work of cleansing the sanctuary from the sins of the people. Let no man who desires to be found with the wedding garment on, resist our Lord in His office work.  As He is, so will His followers be in this world. RH1-21-1890

Dora

• For the battle is not yours, but God's.
« Reply #141 on: March 06, 2009, 11:03:21 AM »
Hi, Lucia, welcome to our little family here.  I have learned so much by what others have shared on this board, and I have enjoyed participating, too.  Hope to see your contributions soon! 
Dora

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #142 on: March 06, 2009, 05:47:33 PM »
Welcome, Lucia! Glad to have you!
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Sherijo

« Reply #143 on: March 07, 2009, 06:32:17 PM »
Hello,
My name is Sheri and this is my first post to say hello and introduce myself.  I am new to all of this and thirsty to learn all that I can.  I was raised in the Seventh Day Adventist Church but did not take in anything from the experience and instead rebelled.  To be honest, I don't think I believed any of the things I was told while growing up.  It all seemed to scary and supernatural.  I felt like I spent the majority of my life waiting for the world to end and when it never did; I learned to distrust all that I was supposed to have believed. Recently though, my Father, one who has for as long as I can remember, balked at the Church and their beliefs, came to me and told me that he was wrong.  Hearing him say that, seeing that he meaned what he said and listening to him tell me why was my wake up call.  Since then I've started reading and studying and I can't get enough.  I am far from perfect and I know that I am a sinner but I'm praying that Jesus will help me keep on keeping on.  I am definitely ready and certainly willing but feel so weak.  Please pray for me and for my family.  I'm ready to give my life to Jesus.  I hope my family will follow.  Anyway, that's my story.  I'm sorry to be so long winded  :-[ Thank you to my sister, Janeen, for telling me about you all  :)  .   I look forward to reading and learning from each and every one of you.
God Bless, Sheri

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #144 on: March 07, 2009, 06:39:16 PM »
Sheri, God bless you! I was there once and know exactly what you are talking about. To have your dad come to you and confess he was wrong is nothing short of a miracle and an outworking of the Holy Spirit in his life, his love for you and your salvation. We are all sinners in need of a Savior. There is not one of us who is exempt.

We are thrilled to have you and your sister! Thank her for sending you to us. We are a little group of Bible students learning more and more each day. Join in where you wish to and know that we will begin praying for you, dear sister.

Sherijo

« Reply #145 on: March 07, 2009, 06:50:32 PM »
Sybil thank you for the warm welcome.  Yes, my sister has really stepped in for me.  I was anxious to get a new Bible, one that I would understand and equally anxious for anything else I could get my hands on  ???.  My sister was there for me.  Just yesterday she filled my arms up with faith based DVD movies, music and literature.  I never felt we were close but now I've never felt closer to her.  She's been a blessing to me to say the least and I am so thankful for her and my Father.  I know my Father knows but I hope my sister knows  :'( Thank you again.  I've never posted to any forum where I felt welcome so this means more than I could express.

Blessings,
Sheri

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #146 on: March 07, 2009, 07:02:57 PM »
You are welcome, dear one. We have a group of people who have been Seventh-day Adventist Christians all of their lives, and then there are those like us who were out of the church for eons and came back (Praise the Lord for that!) and we have new Christians. So, we are all in this together. Those strong in the faith on this forum, and there many, help us newbies.

You will find a wealth of information on this forum. Spend some time in the Bread of Life board - it is dedicated to Bible studies on various topics. Here is the link  http://remnant-online.com/smf/index.php?board=6.0  And as I pointed out a book to someone else this week, grab a copy of The Desire of Ages and your Bible and read about the life of Jesus. it will blow you away and confirm in your sweet heart why all of this is happening in your life at this time in earth's history. Jesus is coming back ... and yes, He has tarried and we have been hearing that He is coming back for a long time, yet He has been waiting on us to reflect His character in our lives and in His church. His lost sheep are returning because they hear His voice. The signs of the times are all around us and we can know without any doubt that His return is "even at the door."

I look forward to studying with you! Blessings, dear sister!

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #147 on: March 07, 2009, 08:25:14 PM »
Welcome Sheri, we all are growing and learning. Sometimes it's easier to do that together. I pray that this forum is a blessing to you.

By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Dora

• For the battle is not yours, but God's.
« Reply #148 on: March 08, 2009, 06:42:56 AM »
Welcome, welcome, dear Sheri,
Many of us on here have been in the church, left it and have come back, more solid than we ever were before!  I am one of them.  My oldest son's story is much like yours, too.  I believe we will be seeing even more people coming back to Jesus and the truths they have known, and more who are eager for us to share those truths with them.  It is our privilege to share together and encourage each other as we walk together and with our Lord on a daily basis.
Dora

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #149 on: March 08, 2009, 06:48:34 AM »
Welcome Sisters Lucia and Sheri!  Good to see your posts here in the Welcome Forum. It gives our members a chance to know you are online and reading through the various forums.

We look forward to getting to know you both better. And, thank you, dear Sheri for sharing your experience! God loves you and bless your father for his love and care for you. And your sister! Too often, we find that many in the church have not seen Jesus and developed a relationship. While sin hurts us, others, and Jesus, we cannot help but sin if we are not connected to Christ. Over and over again, in these forums you will read that our "religion" is to begin and end with God's grace. It is His love for us while we were yet sinners that brought us to conversion and it is grace that keeps us in that state of life. The rest will come as we learn of His ways.

May God bless our fellowship and may we hasten His soon coming!!

Again, welcome to you both!!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Stuman777

« Reply #150 on: March 08, 2009, 09:58:49 AM »
Lucia and Sheri,

It is good to see you both here and I pray this forum will help us all build our relationship with Christ. There is lots to read and lots to learn. This place is kinda like a church in my opinion except it is online. I say that because there are many whom come together here to worship and study Gods word. I hope this forum will be of help 2 u both.

Take care and Godbless,
Stuman777

colporteur

« Reply #151 on: March 08, 2009, 03:13:35 PM »
Greetings, Sherijo and Lucia !
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Lucia

• I know in Whom I have believed
« Reply #152 on: March 11, 2009, 08:53:49 AM »
Just wanted to thank everyone for the warm welcome. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better. I do believe Jesus is coming back very soon and just pray that each one of us will surrender all to Him that His character may be reproduced in us.
“We are in the day of atonement, and we are to work in harmony with Christ’s work of cleansing the sanctuary from the sins of the people. Let no man who desires to be found with the wedding garment on, resist our Lord in His office work.  As He is, so will His followers be in this world. RH1-21-1890

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #153 on: March 11, 2009, 08:57:19 AM »
Amen, dear Lucia!

Ben T

« Reply #154 on: March 27, 2009, 07:20:01 AM »
Greetings!

I am very glad to have found this forum, as it seems that the Church is under attack from within the body, and it is important that we draw together in her defense.

I am preaching tomorrow on "the Remnant Church." Sadly, many Adventists have been deceived into believing that this is an arrogant and elitist view of the Church, rather than a call to mission.

Here in The Rocky Mountain Conference, we have a church plant that identifies itself as part of "Kingdom Adventism." I only learned this yesterday, 3/26/2009. As I reviewed the website last night and listened to two sermons posted, I trembled for our people, as we have unknowingly embraced deception that will lead to the downfall of the Church if not refuted.

Example: I heard that Satan, desperate to forestall the commitment and energy of our Church founders, worked hard to bring into that group our beliefs about the Investigative Judgment, in order to prevent them from understanding the full gospel message. Only one small example, much more, just as bad or worse!

Pray for us as we meet for Constituency this year in June. The decisions we make as delegates will set the direction the Church in Rocky Mountain will take in the future.

When I have time, I will search this forum for posts on "Kingdom Adventism." I hope someone here has experience that will be of help.

God bless,

<>< Ben

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #155 on: March 27, 2009, 07:27:09 AM »
Welcome, Ben! Bless you. Your experience is not unlike others. Do look around. We have multitudes of subjects dealing with problems within the church, how Satan is increasingly on the attack - you will find those in the private SDA boards with the "SDA" designation after them. As members of His church, we can openly discuss those things there.

We are very pleased you found us. We hope you find your experience here a blessing. 

Lewis

« Reply #156 on: March 27, 2009, 07:28:15 AM »
Welcome Ben. I am glad you have joined. There is much reading to be done here, and feel free to comment. I too am saddened about what is going on in the Rocky Mountain Conference. God bless.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #157 on: March 27, 2009, 03:13:02 PM »
Amen, Brother Ben!  Let us press together as we prepare to receive Jesus at His soon coming!

Welcome to our fellowship. If you need any help, ask myself or any of the moderators. We look forward to getting to know you!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

talitha

• "Little girl, arise! Give her something to eat."
    • Esh
« Reply #158 on: April 12, 2009, 09:25:27 PM »

Hello, I am a SDA, when I was a young girl, my mom let me go to any church that would drive out and get me. She wanted me to be a "good girl". Backfired a bit, but that's another story. lol. Anyway, I enjoyed Assembly of God churches the most, they had great puppet shows about Jesus, we sang fun songs and they bribed me with candy to learn verses. I also attended Nazarene, many community churches, baptist, and non-denominational. I learned that God was up there and that I could talk to him, and that he didn't answer my prayers to get a new bike or let my friend come out to play. I got older and into much trouble, then pregnant and married young. My marriage was really bad, I prayed for months everyday to God, to help me fix my marriage. I begged, screamed, cried at God. One day, it seemed he got tired of hearing me carrying on and ZAP, changed my life forever. I was born again, many changes happened for me overnight. I trusted him to lead me into a church as I didn't feel smart enough to know where to go. He lead me to a sda gal, I didn't even know what sda was, never heard of one. We watched a Kenneth Cox video everyday. I swore I would not go back after many of the videos, the freaks! But I would open my bible and there it was. With a lot of prayer I watched the whole series. been Adventist for 17 yrs now I think. Would love to say, in all that time I am now a mature Christian and have a good understanding of the christian faith and Adventist doctrine.

But I can't. A lot is over my head, I have just recently found out online how sick we are as a church. I new we had problems, but I had no idea. I been to busy trying to figure out why I am so confused, why am I not more fruitful, why this statement offends me;

"The matter of salvation is just as simple as ABC. But we don't understand it." Faith and Works, p.64.

I am a high school drop out, but that shouldn't matter! These are spiritual things and I have a big God. Been a little mad at Him for my confusion of basic Christian fundamentals. Recently though a sda asked me to read about the Protestant Reformation. I loved what I have read so far and am looking for encouragement in working that out, and understanding it more. I recently read Mere Christianity, I now love CS Lewis. He makes me laugh, smile, think and he just puts me in awe.

I have struggled for so long trying to understand how to walk the walk. I have asked myself where the power of God is many times, I have gone from legalism to liberalism, and think I'm somewhat balanced now. I brought two people into the Adventist church, I think they would have been better off if I left them in there non-denominational churches. It seems like I helped make them legalistic, not bring them closer to Christ.

I want to have more fruit in my life, love, not so self centered and stuck. I think the Lord is opening my understanding up more now, and I hope I can help others like myself who keep the pews warm, but wonder why they cant get it.

Though, I am immature, He has not let me go, I do love God and I have a relationship with him. He has helped me get through a lot and I depend on Him. He is a good listener and I cry on his shoulders all the time. But I sure would like to grow up and think about others for a change. lol.

I go by talitha here, I recently learned that my real name means the bible name talitha, I like it. It means Resurrection. Cool huh!
"You must be good before you can do good."   EGW

"Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good-except God alone. You know the commandments: 'Do not commit adultery, do not murder, do not steal, do not ....'" Luke 18:19-20

Immanuel

• Senior Moderator
  • Jesus is My Judge
    • Emmanuel Institute of Evangelism
« Reply #159 on: April 12, 2009, 09:55:18 PM »
Talitha,

Welcome to the forum! There is so much on here to read and learn. I encourage you to study, ask questions, and join the conversations as we all learn more of Christ. May God richly bless you in your quest to know Him better!

-Immanuel