Author Topic: Purpose of The Remnant Online/Please Make First Post Here. Part 5  (Read 61201 times)

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Purpose of The Remnant Online/Please Make First Post Here. Part 5
« Reply #120 on: February 20, 2009, 07:20:33 PM »
Colporteur said:
Instead of coming to a new forum this seems like coming home and I think I should have been here long ago. Peace is good.

That almost made me cry! :'(

Peace ... we need it and can have it.

The springs of heavenly peace and joy, unsealed in the soul of the teacher by the words of Inspiration, will become a mighty river of influence to bless all who connect with him.
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Immanuel

• Senior Moderator
  • Jesus is My Judge
    • Emmanuel Institute of Evangelism
« Reply #121 on: February 20, 2009, 07:26:51 PM »
Peace is very good, and only possible with Christ. May He be our guide in all of our conversations!

colporteur

« Reply #122 on: February 21, 2009, 03:44:36 AM »
Cp, good to have you with us. I hope you find a topic that interests you and join in. Maybe you'll have some colporteuring stories to share with us??   :D

Thanks, Jim.

I think I can come up with some experiences to share along the way.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Dora

• For the battle is not yours, but God's.
« Reply #123 on: February 21, 2009, 08:30:32 PM »
CP, so good to see you here!  I was a bit afraid I would not see you around again, and knew I would miss you!  Guess you are not surprised to hear me say...I am glad you are here!!  Welcome!
Dora

colporteur

« Reply #124 on: February 22, 2009, 11:30:55 AM »
CP, so good to see you here!  I was a bit afraid I would not see you around again, and knew I would miss you!  Guess you are not surprised to hear me say...I am glad you are here!!  Welcome!

Thank you, you are too kind.

Time constraints have kept me from getting around like I might have.

Kelsy

• Member at Rest
« Reply #125 on: February 22, 2009, 11:54:15 AM »
Welcome daryta and cp!    It is so good to know cp that you are not M.I.A.

This is a place with heavenly atmosphere, the atmosphere of being home.

Lewis

« Reply #126 on: February 22, 2009, 03:09:51 PM »
Welcome CP, glad to see you here. God bless.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #127 on: February 22, 2009, 05:24:15 PM »
 :D :D Well, a page and 1/2 of welcomes to Colporteur. Just who is that man that he would merit  such a welcome mat?  ;)

You know ... while reading over some of these posts, time and again it has been said what a great place this is. I agree that it is. Some have labeled it "peaceful" while others have said it is "heavenly," like "home." And I suppose it is really is. It has been comfortable enough for me to land here for quite some time and to learn things I never knew and to meet like-minded saints holding onto the only Hand that can save us while encouraging each other through thick and thin.

Richard can be a taskmaster sometimes (only kidding, boss) but I am truly thankful for this little oasis in the whirlwind.  God bless The Remnant Online.

colporteur

« Reply #128 on: February 22, 2009, 06:54:25 PM »
:D :D Well, a page and 1/2 of welcomes to Colporteur. Just who is that man that he would merit  such a welcome mat?  ;)

Nobody special that's for sure but loved of the Lord. How exciting it is to be a Christian and have this tremendous light shining upon our path

Thank you, Lewis.

Yes, Kelsey its hard to keep a cp so richly blessed, down.

Stuman777

« Reply #129 on: March 02, 2009, 01:51:15 PM »
Thanks for letting me become a member of the forum. Ive heard good things of this place and am willing to let those good things rub off. So, here we go.  ;)

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #130 on: March 02, 2009, 02:13:08 PM »
Thanks for letting me become a member of the forum. Ive heard good things of this place and am willing to let those good things rub off. So, here we go.  ;)

I'm not terribly eloquent (not sure I'd even qualify to be a greeter at Walmart  ::) ), but we're glad you've chosen to participate in this forum.  It can be lively at times; and we're always learning from each other, and trying to encourage each other. 

Did that sound like a welcome?  Well, it was my version of one anyway.  ;D
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Immanuel

• Senior Moderator
  • Jesus is My Judge
    • Emmanuel Institute of Evangelism
« Reply #131 on: March 02, 2009, 02:27:21 PM »

Welcome, Stuman. We are glad to have you here with us. There is much to read in the various forums on many subjects. I hope that you will be blessed!

Dora

• For the battle is not yours, but God's.
« Reply #132 on: March 02, 2009, 03:54:18 PM »
Hi, Stuman!  So glad to see you on here!  I know you keep up with things going on in the news, and the "signs of the times."  You will find so much to study on here, and can contribute much, too.  I know I have learned an awful lot on this board.  If I don't understand, I just ask, and someone is always there to answer me.

So, check out the topics and start sharing!  Welcome! I look forward to some good study together.  There is even a health section, which you will really like!
Dora

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #133 on: March 02, 2009, 05:26:03 PM »
Hey, Stuman. We are happy to have you join our little group of Bible students. As others have said, there is a wealth of information on this forum. Look around and then jump into the conversations. We are pleased you came.

Richard Sherwin

• Keeper of Bees
« Reply #134 on: March 02, 2009, 07:04:16 PM »
Welcome to ROL Stuman, home of some great conservative SDA's and one grouchy liberal ;D
Laughter is an instant vacation

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #135 on: March 02, 2009, 07:19:15 PM »
Welcome to ROL Stuman, home of some great conservative SDA's and one grouchy liberal ;D

:o Glad you said that and not me! But I still think you are not nearly as liberal as you come across, dear brother.  ;)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #136 on: March 02, 2009, 09:41:15 PM »

Welcome, dear brother!  Thank you for the kind words. As our Brother Wally has so eloquently stated, there is not much good in us, except that we invite Jesus in each day. If there be any good thing to rub off, it is
Christ, not us!  :)

As we study together, at times it may seem that we spend too much time on difficulties in the world and in the church. It is not our intention to spend most of our time in that area. We want to repeat the Words of Jesus which is much more than reproof. We are so blessed to know Him who gave all for us. Trials are with us and they will come, but in Christ we can rejoice that He loves us and gives us strength for all that comes our way.

Jesus is coming soon and the world is as it was at the time of the great flood. Whatever we can do to make your visits a blessing, let us know. We are here to serve you!

Again, welcome to our little online family!!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #137 on: March 03, 2009, 03:30:14 AM »

Hmm . . . .  I've never thought of you as grouchy; only approaching things from different perspective than some of the rest of us.  Sometimes we agree; sometimes we don't; but even Paul and Barnabas had their little disagreement.  :o
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

colporteur

« Reply #138 on: March 03, 2009, 07:08:14 AM »
Greetings, Stu.

Stuman777

« Reply #139 on: March 03, 2009, 02:40:23 PM »
Why thanks everyone for the kind words and I do look forward to reading the posts on this forum for I have heard wonderful things.  ;D

Stuman777
(Joshua)